Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 

 

I got done first so I waited for Xiao Xun in the little lobby where the hallway crosses.

After a while she came out.

“How did you do?” I ask.

“I don't know, I was so nervous I forgot some answer” she said with a very worried face. “How did you think you did?”

“I think I did fairly well. Now we just have to wait for the results.”

“Yeah~ I hope I pass so that I can come here and study with you” she said as we walk down the stairs.

“I hope so too.”

“So~” she began. “Is that guy just now George?”

“No, that was Aaron.”

“That stalker guy you were talking about?”

I nodded.

“He's so handsome!”

“Handsome? Please.”

“I'm serious” she gently elbows me. “Then how about that other guy?”

“That's Wang Zi, and he has a girlfriend, who was the one standing beside him. Her name is Ya Tou.”

“Oh~ then where's George?” she ask anxious to meet him.

“I've got no clue where he is.”

“How can you not know?”

“How can I know? I don't stalk him okay...and didn't I tell you, he still doesn't seem to like me very much so I haven't made much progress.”

“Gui Gui how could you not? You had a year! A YEAR!”

“Why? You think you can do it?”

“.....of course I can do it!”

“Lies.”

“I really can.”

“Sure you can.”

“I can.”

“Oh~ wait” I stop walking as I felt my phone vibrated. I took it out and saw a message from Aaron.

“You don't seem close to George, but you seem extremely close to your stalker guy” Xiao Xun said after seeing Aaron's name on my screen.

I ignore her and read the text. I quickly reply and continue to walk.

“What did he say?” Xiao Xun ask curious.

“He's waiting for us outside.”

“Aw~ that's so sweet!”

“What's sweet about that?” I ask kind of disgusted. 

“Gui Gui, you need to be more girly, no, you need to watch more dramas. How can you not understand how sweet it is?”

“I just don't” I replied.

- - - - -

“How did you guys do?” Aaron ask once he saw us.

“Terrible” we both answer. We wanted to . 

“Why? How? You study so hard” Aaron said to me.

“How was I suppose to know that the exam was going to be this hard.”

“Yeah~ it was so difficult I even left some question blank” said Xiao Xun.

“Well, we wouldn't know for sure until we see the results, and you two did your best,” Aaron tried to comfort us.

“By the way, you're Aaron right?” Xiao Xun ask.

“Yeah.”

“Nice to FINALLY meet you! I’ve heard so much about you.”

“Really?” he looks at me. “You did?”

I look away from his eyes.

“I sure did” Xiao Xun continues.

I elbow her to stop.

“I'm hungry, let's go have lunch. Oh by the way, where's Wang Zi and Ya Tou?” I ask Aaron as I look around.

“They had plans so they left.”

“Well then, we can't do anything about that can we? Let's go! Where should we go?” Xiao Xun ask excitedly.

- - - - -

We ended up going to an Italian Restaurant. Pasta is always Xiao Xun's favorite. Our table suddenly became very quiet after we ordered.

“So,” Aaron broke silence at our table. “The results comes out in a month?”

“Yeah. Isn't that long?” Xiao Xun complains. “And I have to return home tomorrow already,” she said a bit disappointed.

“But, look at the bright side, you'll be coming back at the end of the month to see your result.”

“I don't know if that's the bright side or the dark side. If I pass it'll definitely be very bright, but if I fail...”

“Well...just keep on looking at the bright side!” I try to bring her mood up. “And before you leave tomorrow, I’ll take you to go do a lot of fun things.”

“Really?” she smile at me.

“Of course, we're besties aren't we?”

Aaron look at us and smile.

“By the way Aaron” Xiao Xun said and looks at Aaron with all her attention.

“Yes?” Aaron answer kind of surprised.

“Do you have a girlfriend?”

Aaron looks at her then move his eyes to me, but I simply look away like I didn't care.

“I don't have a girlfriend. Why?”

“Really?! That's great! I shouldn't give up hope then.”

“Xiao Xun don't tell me-”

She quickly covers my mouth. “We will talk about this at home,” she smile and gave me a wink.

Aaron look at us confused.

'OMG! Xiao Xun likes Aaron!'

After eating our lunch I wanted to show Xiao Xun around Taipei ALONE, but Aaron insist on coming along and Xiao Xun who seem to have already fallen head over heels for him agrees immediately.

As we were walking in the mall shopping I suddenly stop walking.

“Gui Gui, what's wrong?” Xiao Xun ask as she and Aaron walk back towards me.

I didn't reply so they both turn to look at what I was looking at.

“You see him” I said to Xiao Xun without looking at her.

“Yeah~ the guy looking at that poster of that model?”

“Yeah...he's George” I said softly. As I look at him looking at the poster, he had a soft expression on his face, not that cold one that he usually uses with me. And I think I saw it wrong, but after blinking it was still there, his smile. He was smiling at the poster with that pretty model.

'It's the first time I see him smile...' I felt my heart ache a little.

“So that's George...wow, he is really handsome like how you said he is,” Xiao Xun smile. “Good job Gui Gui, your eyes are really good at spotting handsome guys. You didn't disappoint me at all.”

After hearing her say George is really handsome the rest just flew through my ear and out the other. I haven't see George for so long that even though he made my heart ache a little, seeing him here makes me so happy .

I suddenly felt Xiao Xun elbow me.

“Hello? Why are you still here? Aren't you going to go over and say hi?” Xiao Xun said.

“No.”

“Why?”

“I can't” I said as I finally turn my eyes to Xiao Xun. “I'm to shy to go say hi, and look at him, he's so...into that poster.”

“What's there to by shy about?” Aaron said with a harsh tone and started to walk towards George.

Oops, I forgot he was here with us.

“EH~!”

“Yeah, what's there to be shy about?” Xiao Xun said and follows Aaron.

I had no choice but to follow them as well.

“Hey George!” Aaron said with a big smile on his face.

George turn and look at him, then he saw us behind Aaron.

“Hi” he said ONLY to Aaron.

'Hmph, being cold again?'

“What are you doing here?” Aaron ask him.

“Just window shopping. You?”

“I'm showing Gui Gui and her friend around.”

“Hi!” Xiao Xun pops out from behind Aaron. “I'm Xiao Xun.”

“Hi” George reply.

“Do you want to browse with us?” Aaron offers.

“No, I’m just about to leave.”

“Oh how unlucky, only if we came a little earlier” said Xiao Xun.

I look at her to stop chatting so much.

“Then, see you next time” I finally spoke to him.

He glance at me then turns away.

“Later” he said ONLY to Aaron before walking away.

“Why is he so cold?” Xiao Xun ask as we watch him walk away.

“He's always had been like that” Aaron explains. “Shall we continue?”

“Of course!” Xiao Xun said and they began to walk away.

As soon as George disappears from my sight, I turn to look at the model on the poster.

“So...you're the kind of girls that he likes huh. Who am I to competing with someone so beautiful and famous as you,” I talk to the poster.

“No worries!” Xiao Xun said as she swung her arm around my shoulders. “I will turn you into someone as beautiful as this model.”

I laugh, “That's the impossible.”

“Who said that it's not possible? Just let me handle you from head to toe. You know while we weren't together, I did some fashion research.”

“Why?”

“I don't know why, but I guess you can say...a new hobby?” she smile confidently. “Come on, let's go” she said and pulls my hand.

“Where to?”

“The land of makeover.”

 

 

 

 

****

I know there's barely any GuiHu scenes. But i'm getting there.