Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 

‘Although I’m a little sad how our date went, I’m happy he cared about me a little…or’ I sigh ‘Is it just me thinking too much about him buying me the flats?’ I rolled onto my back on the bed. ‘I know I shouldn’t have made him do something that he doesn’t want to…but…I’m going to be greedy for just a while,’ I sigh again. ‘Let’s hope next week’s date will turn out better,’ I smile and closed my eyes.

~

I waited nervously again as I wait for George to come. This time I waited for him at a café. I really learned my lesson from last time.

Today, I pull my hair up into a bun and had light make-up on. I wore a short dress with pair of shorts under with leggings, and I also wore the pair of flats that George got for me on our last date.

I look at my watch.

“Five minutes left” I sigh. My eyes then wonder around the café as I wait.

“Where are we going today?” George’s voice made me jump.

I turn around and saw him standing beside me. I smile and got up.

“You’ll see,” I told him and lead the way.

“Where are you going?” he said a little annoyed as he walks to his car.

I turn around, “Oh~ I think I forgot to tell you…we’re taking the public transportation today” I said and gave him a smile.

“What? I hate public transportation” he said very annoyed now.

“Sorry, come on let’s go, or we’ll miss our bus” I said as I hurry back to take his hand.

He swings my hand off his. “I can go on my own” he said and bushes the part that I held on his hand.

I smile and follow him.

Just as we reach the bus stop the bus came.

“Great timing” I said as I got on. I scan my transportation card and went to look for a seat first.

“Sir” the bus driver said to George.

I turn back to look what was going on.

“What is it?” he asks the bus driver annoyed.

“You have to pay to get on” he said.

I quickly rushed back to the front.

“I’m sorry” I said and put some change into the change collector. “I’m sorry, please excuse him” I apologize to the bus driver and to the people lined up behind George.

I then pull George to the back to be seated.

“What’s up with him” George mumbled.

I who heard him, turned away and giggle to myself.

“What’s wrong with you too?” he ask as he heard me giggling.

“You said you hate public transportation…but to me, it seems like you’ve never ride in one before, so why do you hate them?”

“I-it’s not your problem” he said as he turn away to look out the window.

“I know,” I said as I turn the other way and continue to giggle. I find it so cute.

“If you don’t stop laughing I’m going to get off” he threatens me.

“Okay, sorry, sorry,” I quickly apologize.

After a five minute ride we got off and got on another bus.

“Oh, this is our stop” I said as I got up after pressing the stop button. The driver pulled over and let us off as he lets some on.

“Thank you!” I yell before getting off. 

“This way” I said to George as I turn around to look at him with a smile on my face.

“Be careful” George suddenly said and pulls me towards him.

A biker quickly biked pass me.

‘Wow, that was close’ I thought shocked. “Thanks,” I said and look up. Our eyes immediately met. My heart began to beat faster and I could also feel my face burning up.

‘Hey you, you’re stepping on my foot” he said still looking into my eyes.

I look down, “I’m sorry!” I said and immediately got off. “Sorry, are you okay?” I ask worried.

“So much for saving you” he said and walks off first.

“I’m sorry” I said and quickly follow him. ‘I’m so heavy, I hope I didn’t broke any of his toes,’ I thought still worried.

“Where are we going?” he ask not looking at me.

“Just keep going” I reply.

And so he kept walking as I follow him.

“This~”

“Wow this place is huge!” I said amazed by just looking at it from the outside.

“This is where you wanted to have your second wish?”

“Yep, come on, let’s go” I said and hurriedly walk to the ticket booth.

This time I paid and we went into the amusement park.

“Have you ever been here?”

George didn’t answer, instead he looks around.

“Looks like you have” I said to myself.

“Once,” he suddenly said.

“With who?” I ask curious.

He turns to look at me. “You don’t need to know,” he said and walks away.

I didn’t say anything and followed him. Although he didn’t tell me who, I kind of had the idea of who it was by his reaction when we came in, and by how he just answered me.

“Wow! This one looks fun!” I said as I look at the giant drop. I turn to George and saw him look away nervously.

“What’s wrong?” I ask like I don’t know what’s wrong.

“N-nothing” he replies nervously.

“Great! Then let’s go on this one first!” I said excited.

“Wait, how about I watch you…” he said as his eyes were glued to the ride.

“No way, that’s no fun, we BOTH have to go to have fun” I said and swung my arm around his.

He must be really scared, because his whole body was stiff. But I find it to be so cute.

“Take a deep breath” I told George as we sat in the seats all buckled up ready to fly up.

“All clear” we heard the person in charge of the ride said, “See all back here” he said with a smile before he blast us off into the air.

As we slowly went up I turn to look at George who’s freaking out. He was taking deep breaths and holding onto the handles tightly. Once we reached the top I yell out in joy.

“Hey, open your eyes” I said as I elbow George whose eyes are now completely shut tight.

“No, stop, don’t touch me!” he said still with his eyes shut.

Just when I started to laugh it went straight into a scream of joy. I threw my hand into the air and scream for the fun of it.

As we slowly land, I turn to look at George again. His face was very pale.

“Are you okay?” I ask although I know he’s not.

“Don’t say a word” he said.

The tone of his voice scared me. He sounded very, very angry, and unpleasant.

Once the safety belt came loose, he got off and ran out of the ride.

“I’m sorry” I said as I pat his back as he threw up into a trash bin.

He hits my hand away and lift his face up.

“Wait here, I’ll be right back” I said really worried. I ran off and quickly came back with a bottle of water in one hand and a cold towel in the other.

“Here” I hand him some water, as I found him sitting with his head down on a bench. He took the water bottle and rinsed his mouth first before he drank some water.

I sat down next to him and pulled him down and rest his head on my lap.

“What are you doing?” he said and was about to get up, but I put the cold towel onto his forehead and pressed it down to keep him lying down.

“I’m really sorry” I said looking down at him.

He saw my eyes and closed his eyes.

“Stop apologizing already” he said annoyed.

“But I really am sorry…I shouldn’t have drag you onto the ride.”

“As long as you know that then it’s all good” he said a little calmer now.

 

'But you know, if you were a little more honest, then we would have skipped that ride' I thought feeling like it's not all my fault he ended up like this. 

He opens his eyes and turn to see people looking at them.

“Close your eyes” I said as I cover his eyes with my hand, knowing what he was thinking, he was feeling embarrassed. “You need to recover quickly so that we can go on more rides.”

“More rides?” he asks as he moves my hand and looks up at me.

I look down at him, “Of course, we have to go on more rides to make this date worth it. But this time we’ll go on the more sissy rides, since a man like you can’t take manly rides.”

Knowing that what I said was right George closed his eyes and didn’t say another word.

It took him thirty minutes to be all good again. We then went to the rides that didn’t go off the ground so high, because someone was scared of height, and then we had lunch before ending the day with more rides.

“No,” George said.

“Please, I plead him with my puppy eyes.”

He shook his head.

“Last one, I promise.”

He look at me and then back at the high Ferris wheel.

“Okay, last ride then, you promise” he said giving me a warning look before walking towards the ride.

“I promise!” I said excitedly as I follow him.

We got into one of the wheels and it slowly went up.

“Wow, it looks so pretty” I said as I saw the sun setting.

“Girls are so weird, what’s so pretty about these sceneries or the sunset setting?” he said nervously.

“What? Guys are the ones that are weird, they don’t even understand the beauty of nature, and they don’t even know how to appreciate things.”

“She…she said the same thing” George said softly.

“Who?...The person who you came here with?”

He didn’t say another word. We got off and head toward the car.

“Hey, wait” I said as I grab his arm to stop him.

“What? You promise that it was the last ride.”

“I know, no more rides,” I said and look at the popping balloon booth. “Let’s make a deal, about my next wish.”

“A deal?”

“Mm hum.”

“If you beat me at this game, then I’ll cancel my last wish, but if I win, then you’ll have to grant it with no complaints.”

I look at the game then back at me.

“Call. But just to let you know, I’m a pro at this game,” he said and walks towards the game booth.

“Good for you then, because it’s my first time to play this game” I said and follow him.

“One round please” George told the owner of the game booth and he handed us some darts.

“Who hits the most wins?” he ask.

“Yeap.”

“Alright, let’s do this” he said and got into his position.

I stood beside him and watch him, as he pops the balloons one after another.

“8, 9, 10!” he yells happily.

“Wow,” I said surprised to see him to get all 10 balloons.

“Great job!” said the owner, “Haven’t seen a talented young guy like you in a while, what prize would you like?” he ask as he points to the most valuable ones.

“That one” George said as he points to a teddy bear. The owner then hands it to him.

“Your turn” he said and steps aside for me to do my turn.

I took a deep breath.

“No pressure here, just do what your instinct tells you” he said showing off.

I ignored him and began to play my turn.

“Please…” I mumble as I got ready to throw my last one.

POP!

“YAY!” I cheered as I too, got all 10.

“What?! This makes no sense! Didn’t you say that it’s your first time playing this game?”

“Yeah, it is. Why?”

“You lied didn’t you? It’s so not your first time.”

“I really didn’t lie” I told him truthfully.

“Then why are you so good?”

“Well…if you really want to know then you can say that I’m good at aiming at my target,” I said and picked out a prize. "Oh, and I owe that to my father who is a police officer for your information," I said showing off now. 

“No wonder. Then since it’s a tie, we’re doing this again” he said unhappy and paid for another round.

~

“You two, please stop now” the owner said with a very sad face. “You two are winning all my grand prizes.”

“No, not until one of us wins” he said as he continues to throw the darts.

“Alright then, let’s settle this this way then. We both get five darts. We both will aim for the same balloons, whoever pops the most wins. Call?”

“Call” George said and the told the owner to give us our last round of darts.

“Ready….Go!” the owner said starting off our last game.

POP! POP! POP! POP! POP!

“The last wish” I said as I turn to look at George. “The last wish…is going to be granted with no complaints!” I said happily.

“Alright, a man’s word is a man’s word, I’ll grant you last wish with no complaints.”

“Okay, let’s go” I said as I collect my prizes that I won.

George collected his and we left the park.

~

“Thank you, I had so much fun today” I said as George drops me off at home. “Then I’ll see you next weekend for the last wish. I’ll text you the meeting place tomorrow” I said as I got out of the car. I closed the door and watch as he drove off.

“What did you two do today?” I heard Aaron’s voice from behind me.

“Look!” I said as I turn around and showed him the stuffed animals in my arms.

“Let me guess, he bought you those today.”

“Close, but you’re wrong. I won them!”

“Won them?”

“Well, only half of these, but yeah! We went to the amusement park today and went on so many rides, then we went to play a game and I won half of these.”

“And the other half?”

“They’re George’s, he didn’t want them so I voluntarily took them,” I smile at Aaron.

“Here” I hand him the biggest one.

“It’s the first one I that I won, a gift to you, for picking me up.”

“Thanks” he said as he took it carefully, so that the other stuff animals in my arm won’t fall.

“Should I help you?” he asks.

“No, let’s head home” I said and head up first.

 

 

 

 

****

So her second wish ended up to be another date. Then would her last wish be another date as well? hehe. I'm curious as well.

btw, if it souds like i'm rushing the story, to tell the truth i am a little bit, so i apologize if it doesn't make sense in some parts.