Broken Promises (Kai)

EXO Scenarios (Going on)

 

“Just…STOP!”  Kai roared as he stomped his way towards your fragile body.

“Don’t you understand how badly I need this time to practice? ___, the date for EXO’s comeback is continuing to be pushed back because of me! I need to get these steps right!” you shut your eyes tight, the feeling of anger and sadness rising as he continues to yell at you.

“Kai…that’s not your fault, you’re doing great, but you need to-“ you finish your sentence mid way when his hand hits your left cheek forcefully, causing you to lose your balance a bit, shuffling your feet to the side.

“I need to practice” he said in a whisper, but it felt like he was screaming at you again. You nodded shakily, frightened that he actually hurt you. You turned around to open the huge glass door and walk out, closing it slowly. You stood in front of the door, contemplating on what to do after what had just occurred. You turned your head slowly as you heard people whispering each other. Kai’s band members Chanyeol and Baekhyun were hiding their bodies behind a wall as they looked at you with such sad puppy eyes. You gave a sad smile before turning your body to walk the other way and leave.

~

You arrived home, eyes puffy and red from crying your eyes out while driving back to your shared home with Kai. You were growing so frustrated with Kai and yourself. All you wanted to do was help; it was always like that even growing up. You wanted to make everyone happy, help them in any way to make them smile. Sadly, just like tonight you just figured sometimes you can’t accomplish that.

 You walked into the kitchen, adding some water to the boiler to make yourself some tea, hopefully that it will calm yourself down a little. Your mind was now going through your past, thinking about all of the small dates you would have with Kai and how stress free he was. You knew how busy it would be for him, but you never thought it would get to a point for him to be so angry that he would turn to his aggression side and hurt you. You never thought he would hurt you. More tears were sliding down your cheeks just thinking about him slapping you. This was the first time, yet you figured it would have happened sooner or later.

For the past five weeks, EXO have been a thousand times busier because of the new album and because of this your relationship with Kai had been going downhill pretty quickly. He would always be late, whether it was just on a normal day or a dinner date. He would be moodier than his usual. You continued to think if you could handle all of this anymore.

Your head shot up when you heard keys jingle and hearing the door to your apartment unlock. Your heart tightened as you turned away from the door, wiping away any access tears and sipping on your tea slowly not to burn your tongue.

“___?” Kai asked. The sound of him taking his shoes off and then walking closer to you made your heart rate become faster. Kai stood behind you for a couple of seconds, waiting for you to do something, but you didn’t bulge. With his shaky hands, he wrapped his arms slowly around your waist, resting his forehead on the top of your head. He was scared to touch you and even be close to you. After what he did, he’s surprised he didn’t kill himself on the spot after he realised what he had done. He promised himself to never hurt you, both physically and emotionally. But he broke those two promises. The two of you didn’t move an inch for a couple of minutes, the moment was peaceful and you didn’t want to ruin that. Kai could feel tears pile up in his eyes as he was worried to why you were so quiet. She hates me. Kai kissed the top of your head lightly that he thought maybe you didn’t even notice.

“Do you know how much I love you?” Kai asked softly. You only shook your head, making Kai laugh quietly.

“So much. Whenever I saw you walk towards me from around the corner, I couldn’t help but smile like an idiot because of how beautiful you looked and because I knew in a couple of seconds we would spend time together that I would never forget. A-And after I would drop you home after one of our dates, I would grow sad because you weren’t beside me anymore to make me laugh and smile” you frowned as you could hear Kai talking quieter and quieter, hearing a couple of gasps for air while he was speaking. You shifted your body around to see Kai’s cheeks tear stained, while a couple were still falling freely. 

“I…I can’t ask for your forgiveness, or for another chance ___. I broke my promise” he mumbled. You stood up from your seat to face him better, your hand wiping away his tears.

“My cheek still hurts you know” you said. Kai only looked down at the floor, letting go of a sob as you felt your heart get a whack of pain. You wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him into your embrace, his hands finding their way around your hips loosely.

“I’m so sorry jagi” he mumbled into your shoulder.

“I love you Kai. It’s going to have to take you a lot for that feeling to go away” you said. He brought his head up, scrunching his face up because of the lights around the two of you, making you laugh. Bringing his lips close to yours, he mumbled an ‘I love you’ before you placed his soft lips onto yours.

“Go shower, I can make you some dinner?” you asked, but he shook his head aggressively.

“I don’t want to let you go” you giggled at how childish he was acting now.

“I’ll be here when you’re done, I promise”