When You Get Into A Car Accident (Kai ft Lay)

EXO Scenarios (Going on)

a/n: so i don't really know what to say with this one. I don't think it's my best, yet it's the longest one I've written. I hope you guys still like it though, comments are nice ^^ /buuing buuing~

As the light suddenly turned green, you sped off down the busy street, heading to the SM building. Just five minutes ago you were waiting for your boyfriend Kai to show up at your apartment to leave for your little date. But after waiting for almost an hour, you had enough and decided to find out where and what he was doing. You had texted Baekhyun asking him if he knew where Kai was, and of course his answer was ‘practicing our chorography’. You sighed and quickly grabbed your keys after thanking Baekhyun. He forgot, again. You understood completely, he was crazy busy. Exo has been jam packed with promotions; you couldn’t tell when it would end. Anger still rushed through you, he still didn’t even remember.

You finally arrived at the SM building, already feeling scared to enter. You didn’t want to completely bash at him, making him feel like he just broke your heart or anything, yet you still felt hurt. Being in your confused state, you sighed and walked into the huge building. Walking up the stairs towards the practice room, you bumped into Baekhyun.

“Miss another date?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow as if he knew his answer was already correct.

“Oh don’t you know this relationship so well?” you said, giving him a small smile making him giggle. You both said your goodbyes, and that’s when you ended up standing in front of the practice room door. As you peeked through, you saw Kai dancing his way around the room alone. You took in every second of the beautiful sight until realizing you had to confront him. You slowly turned the door handle and took a step inside. As he was dancing, he finally noticed you in the background in the mirror in front of him and stopped in his tracks, turning around flashing you a bright smile.

“Hey jagi” he greeted you. You gave a small smile back. Wow, he really forgot this time.

“Ready to go?” you blurted out, hugging your bag wrapped around your shoulder even tighter.

“Go where?” he asked, drinking from his water bottle.

“Well, people who go on dates usually go out. But we could stay in I guess…” you said, frowning. His face went totally blank, his mouth dropped instantly.

“D-Date?” he stuttered, then looked down at his feet slowly rubbing his eyes. All you did was stare at the ground as well, what could you do for him to just remember once?

“I still…need to practice” he whispered, making you look up instantly. You bit your lip, trying your best to hold all your feelings inside.

“I’m so sorry ___-ah” he said, starting to walk over to you but you backed away.

“It’s okay, just…” you started off, but quickly had a loss for words. What was the point? You then turned around, walking out of the room. Kai didn’t follow you outside, you didn’t expect him to. He was probably just as hurt and confused as you were. You walked out of the building, almost running towards the parking lot. In your case, you didn’t take notice of what was happening.

~

Lay walked out of SM’s chairman’s office, feeling tears already hit his face. He whipped his face, trying his best to make sure nobody would see him like this. Before today he never felt anymore happier. Getting put into a 12 member boy band was definitely a huge accomplishment for him. Even though he had to sacrifice many things just to come to Korea, he was pursuing his dreams and everyone around him was extremely happy for him.  One of those people was his girlfriend. Leaving her back in China was of course one of the worst things he felt he’s ever done. But she understood, they never broke up and they never stopped talking.

Today was a different day; Lay was extremely busy today, so he didn’t have time to call or text his girlfriend. Then the chairman of SM, or in other words, the man who made everything happen for Lay called him in to talk to him privately. Lay felt his nerves kick in once he entered his office. He had no clue to why he would want to talk to him. He sat down in the chair placed in front of the chairman’s office desk, as the chairman’s face didn’t seem too happy.

“What’s wrong Chairman?” Lay asked politely, already assuming the news was not going to be pleasant.

“I’m sorry to say this Yixing, but you’re going to have to end your relationship with your girlfriend in China” he said, arms crossed on his chest. Lay’s face dropped, all of his emotions started to come out, he felt heartbroken.

“W-Why?” Lay asked, shaking even more.

“It’s too much of a risk, Exo just debuted and we can’t have the media know about your relationships” this of course made no sense in Lay’s eyes. He thought about it for a second, could this be a joke? Is he being serious?

“Chairman… are you serious” Lay asked, his eyes seemed like they were begging him to say that this was a joke.

“I’m sorry Yixing, you have to” the chairman explained, getting up from his seat indicating for Lay to get out of his seat as well, he did so. The chairman took out his hand, asking for a shake from Lay, he reached out his hand, shaking it. Lay then thanked the chairman for his co-operation and left his office.

Tears b in his eyes, he couldn’t do this to her. Not to the girl he loved. He didn’t exactly know if he should break up with her or not, could he get away with it if he just said he broke up with her? He started to walk faster, wanting to get out of the building as fast as possible. He raced to his car, quickly stepping in and slamming the car door. He rested his head on the wheel, continuing to think and cry away. He harshly dug his car keys into the ignition and drove around to get out of the parking lot located underground. Lay reached the steep hill, going up back to the busy streets of Seoul; he furiously pressed his foot on the gas, speeding his way out of the parking lot. Yet, he didn’t seem to notice the moving figure, walking its way across the street in between the streets and the end of the parking lot because of his tears. The same goes for you, not noticing the fast vehicle rushing its way towards you.

That’s when everything changed. Lay’s vehicle came rushing through, hitting you in the process. His car immediately stopped, Lay’s hands shaking vigorously. He whipped away his tears that were still streaming down his face at a fast pace and jumped out the car. His heart stopped, seeing you lie there on the cold pavement, lifeless? He ran to you, sinking his knees into the growing pool of your blood, holding you tight. You had your eyes shut; you didn’t want to open them. Pain was hitting you hard, you’ve never felt like you were about to die before. You felt someone pick you up, you felt scared, scared to see who it was and what was going on. You slowly opened your eyes, seeing in front of you a teary version of your great friend Lay.

“___-ah!” he shouted, excited yet still traumatized to see you having your eyes opened. You started to feel dizzy, you tried your best to keep your eyes open but had no control.

“No ___-ah! Open your eyes! Please ___-ah!” Lay screamed, holding the back of your head as close to his chest as possible. He looked up for a second to see someone calling an ambulance.

“I-I’m so, so dizzy” you managed to mutter out, holding onto Lay’s arm. He gently rocked you back and forth, trying his best to keep you conscious.

“I’m sorry oppa” you whispered to Lay, feeling a couple of tears without even trying. Lay cried harder, held onto you tighter.

“No, ___-ah, it’s all my fault” he said.

“Please don’t leave me ___-ah” anyone would of guessed that the two of you were dating, but in fact you were best friend’s with Lay. You helped him the most with getting up to the date of their debut and you helped him a lot with teaching him Korean. He couldn’t loose you too. Just as you could hear the sirens coming from the ambulance, you started to go unconscious. The last thing you heard was the sirens and Lay’s cries.

~

Lay was now sitting in the waiting room in the hospital, waiting for you to come out of surgery. The man never knew he could cry this much, he was still choking on his sobs, trying to calm himself down but couldn’t. You were in critical condition because of him. He already called all of the members for them to meet up here, and he was afraid to what Kai was going to do and say. As the was in deep thought, he noticed the automatic doors of the hospital open, showing Sehun and Lu Han come in first. Lay felt fresh tears hit him again as he threw his face in his hands. Lu Han came rushing in and sat down beside Lay, rubbing his back trying to calm him down.

“Is she okay?” Lu Han asked, trying not to make Lay anymore upset. He just shook his head.

“She’s still in surgery…” he whispered, looking up to see now all of the members were waiting, except he couldn’t see Kai in the room.

“Where’s…Kai?” Lay asked, whipping away the beads of sweat on his forehead.

“He’s on his way now” Sehun said. Lay sighed, resting his arms on his thighs and holding onto his head. It’s my entire fault. Look at what I’ve done. These bad thoughts kept going through Lay’s mind. He was terrified to how Kai was going to react, would he hate Lay forever and never forgive him? Will he even get the whole story? Both Lay and you didn’t know what entirely happened. You two were very upset, and all of a sudden you ended up on the ground. Then just a few minutes later, a doctor called to see Lay. The doctor explained that you only had minor injuries and that you would be okay to leave the hospital tomorrow. She’s alive.

It’s been two hours since Sehun said that Kai was on his way, but he never showed up. Lay was starting to feel frustrated, he just wanted to tell Kai what happened, and let him get his consequences. The doctor came out to tell everyone that they were able to see you now. Everyone insisted that Lay would go see you first. He then ran off to find your room, sighing, anxious to see what state you were in. He stood in front of your door, and slowly opened it to see you lying on the bed…smiling. As Lay walked in more, he could see Kai sitting on the chair right beside your bed, holding onto your hand.

The door caught your attention as you looked away from your boyfriend to see your best friend Lay.

“Oppa!” you shouted, feeling scared seeing the blood stains still planted on his white shirt from earlier. Kai then took notice and quickly turned around to see his band mate.

“Hyung!” Kai shouted, jumping out of his seat, hugging onto Lay.

“Are you okay!?” Kai asked, looking at Lay’s shirt, covered in old blood. Lay was at a loss of words, he wasn’t expecting Kai to be acting like this. Did he know what happened? While Kai was still hugging him, Lay looked over his band member’s shoulder to see you covering your face, crying.

“___-ah, what’s wrong?” Lay asked softly, making Kai end the hug, looking straight at you. Kai knew you wanted to talk to Lay privately, so he quietly stepped out, knowing that he would comfort you. Lay walked to your bedside, grabbing onto your hands to show your face.

“Please don’t cry…” Lay said, rubbing his thumbs over your rough hands. You then got your hands out of his reached, and quickly wrapped them around his neck, pulling him towards you.

“I’m so sorry oppa, please don’t hate me” you tried to said through your sobs. Lay grew uncomfortable, he hated seeing you cry. He wrapped his arms around the limited amount of space from your back to the back of the bed and embraced you, feeling your tears on his shoulder.

“I should be saying that ___-ah. You have no reason for apologizing, this was all my fault” he explained, letting you go and cupping your face, whipping away your tears. “I could never hate you” he whispered.

“What about Kai? Does he-“ “He doesn’t hate you oppa” you replied instantly as if you were reading his mind. You could see on Lay’s face how scared he was of Kai when he walked in, that’s what made you feel more upset.

“I explained what happened, he’s not mad at you” you said, looking at now a more relaxed Lay, making you smile. He nodded and smiled along.

“Please go home and relax. Okay oppa? I want you healthy” you said, holding onto his hand. He laughed and nodded, walking his way out the room. After another minute Kai walked back inside, assuming that him and Lay were just chatting. He came back over to your side of the bed and kissed you on your forehead.

“I love you so much jagi” he said, making butterflies fly everywhere in your stomach.

“I’m sorry all this happened” he said, looking at his feet, frowning. You then grabbed onto his hand and brought it to yours, holding your pinkie finger out.

“Promise me something?” you whispered, he slightly smiled and held out his pinkie finger.

“Anything”

“Promise me you won’t miss another date. Or at least call to cancel” you said, giggling.

“I promise” Kai answered locking his finger with yours, and then coming closer locking his lips on yours.