When He Hits On You (Kai)

EXO Scenarios (Going on)

 

a/n: this was requested as a picfic. Hope you like it! ^^

You sat down in the loud English classroom, resting your backpack on the side of your desk and taking all of your needed utensils out, waiting for your class to begin. You sat on the far end of the classroom and finally noticed no one was around you. You looked to the other side of the room to see everyone crowding around a desk. As some people cleared out of your way, you saw everyone was talking to your small (big) crush, Kai. Just like in stories, the shy smart girl of the class had a crush on the popular, athletic boy that was your relationship with Kai. The two of you never had an on-going conversation, the only time he’s ever actually talked to you was when he accidentally bumped in to you in the hallway. You remember how your heart just melted away that moment. Even though he was very popular, he’s was sweet and polite unlike some of his friends who are the casual jerk.

As your English teacher walked into the classroom, the bell to signal period one was starting ran, making everyone sit back down at their assigned seats.

“Okay class, everyone read chapters 11-15 and then we’ll have a brief discussion. Also, ___, maybe I speak with you outside for a moment?” she announced. Your eyes widened, nervous for the fact that she wants to talk with you and that it’s so private that you must have to talk outside of the classroom. You quickly stood up from your seat, and walked outside, having your teacher close the door behind her.

“___ could you do me an enormous favour?” she asked sweetly, you nodded.

“Would it be alright if today you went to the library to help Jongin with his work? Just English and Math” she explained. Your eyes widened once again, hearing Kai’s name. It took you a while to answer her, you were trying to sound as if you really did not want to but on the inside you were screaming yes.

“Alright I will” you whispered, making her clap her hands together, smiling brightly.

“Thank you very much ___! Today after school, don’t be late!” of course you wouldn’t be late. You opened the door first to let yourself and your teacher back inside, making everyone stop talking and go back to reading the chapters. As you were walking back to your desk, you looked over at Kai as he gave you a small smile, leaving you gasping for air. ‘KIM JONGIN SMILED AT ME’, ‘I’M GOING TO BE STUDYING WITH KIM JONGIN’ is all your brain was screaming as your teacher continued to go over her lesson.

~

As the day went on, your excitement was growing every minute closer to the final bell when you were supposed to meet Kai at the library. Once it rang, you closed your books and grabbed everything, running out the door faster than ever towards your locker. As you were throwing your books into your bag, someone came up beside you and resting their body on the locker beside you, turning your head to see it was Kai.

“Ready to go study buddy?” he asked, smiling softly. You nodded and shoved your last textbook, quickly closing your locker as you both started to walk towards the library. Your heart was thumping so hard that you assumed that Kai could hear it. A sudden frown appeared on your face, realizing that you were only studying with Kai, it wasn’t a big deal. This would probably be the only time you would be this close to him and maybe even have a conversation longer than five seconds. You both walked up the last flight of stairs, and then reached the cool, air-conditioned library finding it completely empty. Kai walked over to one of the tables as you followed him, dragging your backpack off your back and onto the floor, sitting on the wooden chair as Kai did the same on the other side of the rectangular table. You at first had no idea what to do and almost forgot why you and Kai were in the library for. As you came back to reality, you looked up to see Kai staring at you as he was still smiling. You looked back down at the table, and then grabbed your backpack, placing it on the table.

“So, um, what do you…want to start…working on” you asked, stuttering a little bit. He shrugged his shoulders, still looking at you. You bit your lip, not knowing what to do now if he doesn’t know what to do.

“How about we both start working on that English assignment” you said.

“Okay” the replied.

“You can go research first, I’ll just use the books” he nodded and got out of his chair, walking only a couple of steps towards the only computer the library had, leaving you alone. You sighed and flipped open your first book.

~

After 20 minutes of reading, Kai was still on the computer. You definitely knew for a fact that it did not take this long to research, especially on a topic as small as this assignment. You looked at Kai and saw on the computer screen he was not in fact researching at all, but was on some boy band’s website. You lowered your head and sighed, rubbing your neck as you felt uncomfortable.

“Kai” you said. He immediately looked away from the computer screen and now at you, eyes bugging out as if you come out of nowhere and scared him. You cocked an eyebrow, giving him the hint that you could see that he was not researching anything and you crossed your arms. You could see on Kai’s face a pout was starting to grow on his face, as if he was begging you five more minutes to be on the computer. You looked at him more intensely, not giving in to anything. His pout then disappeared, and he brought his hand up close to his face, making a peace sign with his fingers and gave you small smile, then growing into a bigger smile making you laugh.

“Is this an attempt at aegyo?” you asked, he laughed really showing off his deep voice and nodded, exiting out of the homepage and walking back to your table making your heart start pounding again. You looked back down at your textbook and continued to keep reading. Once you finished the end of the chapter, you looked up again to see Kai staring at you.

“W-What’s wrong?” you asked in a whisper, he chuckled.

“You’re really cute” he said. You leaned back in your chair, eyes widened as you thought out what he just said.

“W-What?” was all you could say. It wasn’t a lie that you were so confused.

“And you’re very smart” he said, reaching his hand out closer to yours but you didn’t notice as your eyes were laid onto his beautiful brown ones.

“And you’re so sweet” he said one last time before his hand officially landed on yours as he rubbed his thumb over your soft hands. You finally took noticed and looked down at your hand, seeing his on top of yours. Looking up again, his smile was still there.

“I, uh, asked Ms. ___ if she could ask you about studying with me because” he stopped mid-way and sighed

“-because I thought if I asked you, you would say no” so many emotions were definitely rushing through you at that moment, but you still had no clue to what Kai was doing or where he was going with this.

“You’re different ___-ah…and…that’s why I really like you” a smile was now on your face. He actually liked you?

“If you don’t like me… I mean, like” you stopped him there by placing your free hand on top of his.

“No, I do. I-I really like you too” you muttered, feeling embarrassed and the redness rush to your cheeks. He smiled brighter than any other time you’ve seen him smile.

“So, if I asked you out…would you say yes?” he asked slightly biting his lower lip. You giggled and nodded. He then brought your hand that he was holding up and closer to him as he kissed your hand. You covered your cheek with your free hand, and felt even more embarrassed feeling how hot it was.

“Do you just want to talk? I’m kind of bored with studying” Kai asked.

“Sure, even though you didn’t do anything related to studying” he laughed and agreed, and then carried on your now longest conversation with Kim Jongin.