Dark Secret

I Can Protect You

 

Your Pov

 

Everywhere you go; people would be looking at you.  “is she nuts?” “I think she has cancer” “how creepy is that!”  Yes, where ever you go, people will say these things about you. But you never cared about what they think, because you hated the sun.  It was summer and the sun was shining and you felt you could die anytime. You really hated the fact that it was so bright that you could not even look at where you are going. So you wore a black coat over your uniform, a brown hat and a pair of sunglasses.  Although you were already sweating but you weren’t bothered by it, not as much as the bright light is.

You were on your way to school, Woolliment high school (WHS). You were walking a little fast to avoid being in the brightness for long. Suddenly you heard a familiar voice said “Ptth, what’s with these people’s stare? It’s not like you’ve done something wrong.” You turned and were surprise to see your best friend, Lynn. She was walking next to you trying to catch up with your pace. You smiled to her. You were really happy that you saw her.  She was really precious to you. She was your only close friend and would appear anytime. She came from America to study in your country. With thick black hair and sharp nose and big eyes that was really perfect but such a waste. No one else can see her except you. Yes, she was a ghost. But not as scary as everyone could have imagined. She looks just like a normal human being, except that she was not visible to the eye.  You were also special in a way that you can see the dead. Ever since you were born you could see those “things” and that was what makes your parents left you, leaving you with your grandma. Everyone except your grandma thinks that you’re a freak, talking to “something” that cannot be seen. At first everyone thought you were sick and your parents brought you to see a doctor. But it was useless seeing a doctor. They were too afraid thinking you were out of your mind and thus left you in the hands of your grandma. Until now, everybody is afraid of you. They thought you could do black magic and would do anything to harm them. Therefore many would try to avoid you.

You reach school and walk up to your classroom which was situated at the last level.  You sat down way at the back of the classroom which was not as bright as the other areas. There were a set of empty table and chair beside yours and you knew it would be perfect for Lynn to sit. You remove your sunglasses, coat and hat placing them in your backpack.  You and Lynn then walk to your locker to get your books for today’s timetable. Both of you were chatting while walking. Everyone looked at you in disgust. Suddenly the doors of the school hall open. There came the seven famous guys in your school, which they called the “infinite guys”. All eyes were on them…