Type AB

Secrets Within

A/N: Credits to joke01 for the poster

-----

"No mom, it's me. It's really me." L.Joe's eyes were filled with tears that were threatening to pool over. He took his mom's hands into his. The feeling was vaguely familiar, but just vaguely. He hadn't seen his mom for about two years, of course it wouldn't be all that familiar. You were surprised he didn't start crying yet.

Spoke too soon. His tears finally fell down one by one. His mom cupped his face with one hand. She looked at every spot on his face. Caressing his cheek with the back of her hand she spoke, "How are you here? I thought you were... dead." She softly whispered the last part.

L.Joe searched his mom's eyes, "Okay mom, don't freak out. But I'm... a vampire." He quickly grabbed her hand, preparing for her to go crazy.

"No way," All the color drained from her face and she went absolutely pale.

"They're real. Believe me, I-"

L.Joe's mom cut him off. "I'm one too." She said, shocking both you and L.Joe, "That's why I'm all healthy now."

"Oh... Well you don't look any younger," He whispered the last part just enough for himself to hear it. Unlike the 'mythical' stories about vampires, vampirea actually age. Just like humans. One of the rare things vampires and humans have in common. It's a mystery on how they know so much about 'vampires'.

"I heard that. Oh I miss you so much," She said as she embraced him again.

They stayed in the position for a while. Feeling awkward, you shifted uncomfortably. Remembering your presence, L.Joe pulled back. He grabbed your hand and lead you towards his mom, "Mom. This is my girlfriend ____. She is also a vampire." He didn't give away about who you are so that was good.

You bowed 90 degrees, "Annyeonghaseyo."

L.Joe was shocked that you actually had respect. You inwardly scowled, *Yah! Just because I'm cold and distant doesn't mean I don't know how to respect people! I give respect to those who deserve it. And so far, your mom didn't do anything wrong.* You thought, knowing that he was reading your mind.

"What a nice girl! Good choice Byunghun," She said while winking at L.Joe.

L.Joe blushed beet red, that was the first time you saw him flustered.

"Umma!"

-----

"I actually don't remember how I got turned into a vampire." L.Joe's mom admitted.

L.Joe's shoulders deflated; he really wanted to know who did it. *I'm not sure if being a vampire is good for you. ____ and I had no choice but to change unless we wanted to die. You still had a chance to recover...*

"Aigo, you two are so cute together!~" She cooed and pinched his cheeks.

"HA! I told you I'm not the only one that does that to you!" You said, exclaiming loudly.

L.Joe smiled lovingly at you, *How cute.*

"Byunghun honey. Help your umma prepare food." Standing up, she dragged L.Joe to the kitchen.

He turned around and gave you a lost puppy look. But you just shooed him away. From the kitchen, you could hear his mom complimenting you. You had a keen sense of hearing after all.

A sudden noise was made from the kitchen, it sounded like glass shattering. You were advancing your wat to the kitchen when the door banged open. More like knocked over.

There stood L.Joe's mom... in vampire form.

Backing away, you spoke to L.Joe but take your eyes off of the vampire approaching you, "Uh.. Why is she in vampire formation?"

L.Joe, who was still knocked into the cabinet, was too busy rubbing his aching back to reply. "L.JOE!" You screeched as you side stepped when L.Joe's mom lunged forward. Her wings spread out and got ready to attack you again.

*Damn it. Black Level.* You mentally cursed. "L.Joe, why is she attacking me?!" You frantically yelled and dodged another one of her attacks.

From your desperate calls, L.Joe snapped out of his daze and remembered the current problem. "I don't know, she attacked me too! I was stuck in a cabinet!" He searched the kitchen, looking for something to stop his own mom from ravaging you.

You knew you were going to regret this but nevertheless, you aimed for her winfs with arrows. Damaging a wing would take forever to fix. Successfully hitting her right wing, she fell down from the ceiling. You quickly made skin contact with her to see what in the world she was thinking. *Blood... AB...* She thought.

"AB? I'm AB." Now knowing why she was acting like this, you relaxed. "I'm sorry," You apologized before plunging a syringe in her arm and it knocked her out completely.

L.Joe didn't hear anymore hissing and screaming so he paused. He clocked his head around to the living room. You looked helplessly at him, "Eh..."

-----

"I just put her to sleep, inside of it was sleeping substances." Relieved, L.Joe sat on the couch. His mom should be waking up soon. It was still a wonder as to why she attacked you. *Was it because she was thirsty?* When you and L.Joe finished wrapping her wing, the wing got covered by her again. Her fangs were gone and her eye color changed back to normal. But there was still something bothering you, *How did she level up so quickly?*

Excusing yourself, you got up to go to the bathroom. You locked the door and turned the sink on. Water rushed through the faucet and you cupped a handful. Splashing the water to your face, it cooled you down. The cold liquid helped you settle down and try to get you thoughts all figured out. You slammed your palms an either side of the sink and looked up to the mirror. You couldn't see your own reflection but you were still able to imagine how crazy you looked.

*How? How does she- no scratch that. How does everyone manage to become the highest level in a little amount of time? How did she manage to do that in one year and a half? How did Zelo manage to do it when he was recently turned into one of us? I've trained for 5 stupid years, they were all useless. If I'm the daughter of the most powerful vampire there ever was, how am I still an Autumn Red?! After training for 5 years too!* You grabbed your hair for a brief second before slamming the sink again. You felt like an untamed beast.

Getting your thoughts straightened out, you talked some sense into yourself, *Calm down ___. Patience, that's all it takes.*

-----

"Omo! ____-sshi I'm so sorry! I just had a sudden craving for blood and type AB is my favorite." L.Joe's mom apologized immediately when you walked out the door.

"It's okay," You smiled. It was kind of uncomfortable having an adult apologize to you. *No wonder why she attacked me. I'm AB.*