Delaying the Chase

Dark Streets of Seoul

Sunggyu quickly walked to his apartment as fast as he could.  It was raining hard and he didn’t have an umbrella.  At times like this he cursed how his boyfriend had a job that kept him away from Sunggyu for long amounts of time.  He missed when his boyfriend would pick him up from work.  The walks home were long, tedious and boring. 

            Sunggyu flung his wet reddish bangs away from his beautiful eyes and paused when he saw someone sitting on his stoop.  It was a boy.  He looked about 18.  His hair was plastered to his face and he was leaning on the railing putting all of his weight on it.  He looked really sick.  His clothes were heavily drenched by the rain and he looked like he was about to faint.

            “Hey!” Sunggyu exclaimed as he went over to the boy.  He put an arm around the boy so the boy would lean against him instead of the railing.

            “Who are you?  Why are you here?  Where are your parents?”  Sunggyu was trying to shield the rain from the boy, but it wasn’t really working.  He picked the boy up in his arms and quickly went up the stairs to his apartment. 

            The boy smiled appreciatively at Sunggyu.  Sunggyu felt himself soften and almost immediately warm at the smile.  But then it turned into a frown.  How did the boy end up in this situation?  He turned to look at the boy and saw that the boy’s eyes were closed. 

 

            “So how’s Sungjong?” Hoya asked Dongwoo through the phone.  He was playing with the ring on his finger.

            “Good as always.  Can’t leave the room.  What do you expect?” Dongwoo spat back at him.  Hoya couldn’t help but smile.  He loved Dongwoo.  That’s why Dongwoo was his second in command.  That boy had a hard exterior and spoke it like it was.  He wasn’t afraid to get into fights or head into the face of danger.  He would do anything to get things done.  But this time he sounded different.  Hoya couldn’t quite put his finger on what it was, but something was different in the way Dongwoo was talking to him.

            “Jang Dongwoo,” Hoya said seriously, “Are you telling me the truth?”

            “Just because you’re my boss doesn’t mean you can disrespect me, Lee Howon,” Dongwoo shouted.

            Hoya could tell the older boy was probably glaring at him or maybe taking out his anger on Sungyeol at this moment.

            “Of course I’m telling the truth!”

            “Well that’s good.  I might be back a little later than a week,” Hoya said as he spun his ring on the table he was sitting at, “There have been some…complications over here.”

            Dongwoo gave a sigh of relief and Hoya had the same weird feeling that Dongwoo was hiding something from him. 

            “Great news!  I don’t have to see your sickening face anymore,” Dongwoo laughed. 

            “Don’t get into trouble without me,” Hoya said, “And make sure you keep an eye on those two.” 

            But Dongwoo had already hung up. 

 

            Sungyeol held a large wooden stick in his hand and hit it against the bars that were holding Woohyun prisoner. 

            Woohyun grinned from the bed he was sitting on, “Why do you look so angry today?  It doesn’t suit you.”

            Sungyeol banged the stick on the bars and then put his head close to it, “I wouldn’t be joking if I were you.  He’s your friend!  I’m sure Dongwoo has some tricks up his sleeve on how to make you talk.”  Sungyeol snickered as he saw Woohyun pale and slink back on the bed.

            Dongwoo suddenly came in with a big smile on his face.  Woohyun frowned.  Did he capture Sungjong already?

            “Looks like we’ve got good news, Yeollie!” Dongwoo slung an arm around Sungyeol’s shoulders and Sungyeol smiled back.  This was a rare moment.

            “Hoya’s not coming back in a week!  We have an extra few days to catch that little ---“

            “He’s not coming back?!” Sungyeol said excitedly.  He started jumping up and down while grabbing onto Dongwoo’s sleeve.

            “Do you know what that means?” Sungyeol winked.

            “Yes,” Dongwoo brought Sungyeol closer to him.

            “WE GET TO STAY UP LATE TO WATCH MOVIES AND EAT POPCORN!!!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

            “IN HOYA’S MANSION!” Dongwoo added.  And as one they left Woohyun.

            “Pathetic losers,” Woohyun said as they locked and chained the door behind them.  He pushed the bed over to the side, “Just wait for me, Jongie.  In a few days I’ll be free with you.”

 

Had a nice day so decided to update!!! Please comment :D i really appreciate them even if they're a word.  criticism is accepted as well