Hoya's Rival

Dark Streets of Seoul

            “Here I bought you some clothes,” Sunggyu said as he tossed Sungjong a hoodie and some pants. 

            “This is pretty comfy though,” Sungjong said as he stretched out his hands in the shirt he was wearing. 

            “Yeah but this is my favorite shirt,” Sunggyu laughed as he tugged at it.

            “It looks like it’s a couple shirt,” Sungjong said with a smile, “Do you have a girlfriend?”

            Sunggyu immediately started coughing.  But Sungjong was unfazed and started looking through the bags. He grabbed onto the teddy bear and hugged it to him. 

            “Here.  I’ve got some ointment for your scars,” Sunggyu said as he took out a bunch of ointment bottles. 

            Sungjong winced as he remembered the multiple welts, bruises and gash wounds he’d seen when he glimpsed himself just earlier. 

            “I wish I could remember,” Sungjong said sadly.  He must have looked like he was going to cry again because Sunggyu was next to him in an instant, pulling Sungjong’s head to him. 

            “It’s okay.  I’m sure you’ll remember something eventually.  So you really don’t remember anything?”

            Sungjong shook his head, “I don’t even know my name.”

            Sunggyu sighed as he sat down on the couch, “Maybe if you look at something familiar you’ll remember something.”  He got up and went to the heater.  He came back with Sungjong’s clothes from yesterday, now completely dry. 

            The button down shirt was completely yellow from age and dirt.  There were blood stains on it, and the pants were ripped and too small for Sungjong. 

            “Anything?” Sunggyu asked as he held them both up. 

            Sungjong shook his head,” I was wearing that?”  He looked shocked. 

            “Yeah.  It’s not much is it?” Sunggyu brought the shirt closer to him and inspected it, “Whoa!”

            “What is it?” Sungjong asked.

            “There’s a sticker attached to the label.  It says ‘property of Howon.’”

            “Does that mean my name is Howon?” Sungjong asked with a tilt of his head.  He looked so cute that Sunggyu couldn’t resist pinching Sungjong’s cheek. 

            “I guess we know your name now,” Sunggyu grinned, “Howon.”

            Sungjong nodded wordlessly.  For some reason the name didn’t fit comfortably with him.  In fact it made him feel scared.  In a flash, he saw a memory of him being pressed up against a wall. 

            “I don’t like it!” Sungjong exclaimed as he hugged the teddy bear to him.

            “Whoa,” Sunggyu was surprised at Sungjong’s outburst.  The boy suddenly ran to him and hugged him, “Please, I don’t like that name!”

            “Okay.  Then how about Wonnie?  Like Howonnie?” Sunggyu didn’t want the boy to throw away his name completely. 

            “Wonnie sounds nice,” Sungjong smiled. 

 

            Hoya was sitting at the table in his hotel room.  He stared outside of his window as he brought a glass of scotch to his lips. He was worried about Sungjong and Woohyun.  But things here were becoming too serious. He wanted to call Dongwoo again to ask if things were going well back at home but he didn’t want to seem like he didn’t trust the blond.  It wasn’t his fault that he didn’t trust Dongwoo and Sungyeol with NamJong. 

            The door knocked silently and Hoya got up to answer. 

            “We need a plan on how we’re going to strike,” Jay said as he came into the room.  He sat down at Hoya’s table and poured himself a drink.  He took out his pistol and laid it on the table.   

            “I can’t believe he came out of hiding.  We had him scared less.  For ’s sake,” Hoya yelled as he sat down beside Jay. 

            “And it took years to take down his boss.  Luckily that bastard’s dead.”

            “But it looks like he’s trying to take his old boss’s place as leader.” 

            Jay took another swig of the scotch before eying Hoya, “Bet you never thought you’d be hearing this when you came here.  How are your precious prisoners: NamJong?”

            Hoya smiled, “Jealous?”

            “Everyone is jealous that you have those two,” Jay said as he got up.  He took his pistol and opened it to check if it was loaded. 

            “I’m going out tonight with Junsu to check out their old hangout.  See if it’s still active or not.” 

            “Shouldn’t we be looking for B.T.D?” Hoya asked, “He’s the reason we’re all scared out of our wits!”

            Jay turned to him with a raised eyebrow, “Of course we’re looking for him! I have my whole crew on the job!” Jay turned to Hoya with a serious look, “Just between you and me, J-woon told me some very disturbing news.”

            Hoya could feel himself tense up, “What?”

            “B.T.D’s boss. He might not have died in the river.”

            Hoya’s eyes widened as he understood what Jay was saying, “We never found a body.”

            “Are you saying that T.O.P might still be alive?” Hoya exclaimed. 

 

Next chapter you'll see what idol group resides in the District.