I Don't Remember Anything

Dark Streets of Seoul

           Myungsoo or most commonly known as L, left a homeless shelter and straight into the pouring rain.  He thought one of the first places he would check would be there.  The boy had nowhere to go and he must’ve been hungry.  However, no one had seen a boy by Sungjong’s description.  Or no one recognized him when Myungsoo showed the picture he had received through the email. 

            He quickly put on a fedora hat, to protect his beautiful hair from the rain.  It didn’t quite match his trench-coat but that was the least of his worries.  He eyed the picture again.  The boy was probably no older than 18 even though he looked younger.  He had brownish red hair, large round eyes and a very cute face.  And those lips were so….what the hell was Myungsoo thinking now????  He quickly shook his head.  Sungjong was a job.  He had to capture the kid. 

            Myungsoo quickly thought back to his previous job with Hoya and his men.  Capturing Woohyun had been difficult.  Very difficult.  It had taken three months to be exact.  But Myungsoo had succeeded where countless others had failed.  And now Woohyun was one of Hoya’s most prized possessions. 

            Myungsoo looked at the picture again; he couldn’t believe he would have to capture someone so innocent looking.  It would be easy.  Much easier than Woohyun. 

            But no matter how Sungjong had escaped, the boy couldn’t have travelled far.  He was sure that Hoya kept Sungjong only barely alive in his mansion.  Sungjong probably had only one meal a day and was kept in the same room. It wouldn’t be hard to spot Sungjong based on that.  So he wondered where the boy could be now 

            He started looking around at the identical houses in the city close by Hoya’s ‘headquarters.’ 

            Sungjong would use his innocent sweet face to his advantage.  He would try to find a sympathetic stranger to help him hide from Dongwoo and Sungyeol.  Myungsoo smiled.  That must be it.  He got into his car. He would try to stake out the place to see if his assumption was right. 

           

            “Are you okay?” Sungjong woke up to hear a voice in his ear.  He looked up into the concerned face of a reddish hair colored boy.  His eyes were looking concernedly at him and a hand was placed on Sungjong’s forehead. 

            “I think you have a fever.  Where are you parents?  Do you attend college nearby?”

            Sunggyu was stripping Sungjong of his wet clothes and gasped when he took off the boy’s shirt.  There were large welts covering his body. Combined with those welts, were bruises and gashes.  One in particular was still fresh.  There was a large open gash in his chest that was still bleeding.  Sunggyu could see some healed scars underneath some open scratches; there were just layers of injuries.  For God’s sake how did this boy get in this state! 

            Sungjong shook his head as Sunggyu put a large t-shirt on him.  As soon as Sunggyu fit some pajama bottoms on him, Sungjong immediately fell onto the bed from exhaustion.

“How did you get those scars?” Sunggyu said as he kneeled by the side of his bed so he could be face to face with Sungjong.  But Sungjong just turned around so his back was facing Sunggyu, “I just need to rest.”

            But Sunggyu turned him back around, “Kid! Do you have anyone I should call?  Why do you have bruises and cuts all over your body?”

            Sungjong put a soft hand on Sunggyu’s arm and the older boy was temporarily mute. 

            “Please just let me stay here with you.”

            Sunggyu nodded, “But only for a little while.”

 

            The scent of something delicious woke Sungjong up from his sleep and he got up from the bed he was on.  He was in an unknown location.  The room he was in was pretty plain, everything was neatly organized and there was nothing in the room that made it personal.  No pictures, no holiday cards, nothing.  He tried to remember what happened but nothing came to mind. Slowly he got up from the bed and walked towards the door. 

            When he walked outside, an older boy greeted him with a large smile. The man’s eyes turned into thin lines that were quickly hidden behind his bangs. 

            “You’re up!” he immediately rushed to him, “Are you okay?  Here! I made some breakfast!”

            Sungjong nodded wordlessly as he was pushed into a chair.  The smell of French toast was too inviting and he found himself digging in like a violent animal that hadn’t eaten in weeks. 

            He could see the older boy giving him a worried look. 

            “How did you end up at my door?”

            Sungjong just gave him a look with his big round eyes and then continued eating.

            “Why do you have so many injuries?”

            Sungjong chose to ignore the older boy.

            “Who are you?” Sunggyu grabbed Sungjong’s hand to make him stop eating.  Sungjong looked up into Sunggyu’s angry face.

            “I DON’T KNOW! OKAY I DON’T KNOW WHO I AM! I DON’T KNOW HOW I GOT HERE!  I DON’T KNOW WHY IT HURTS EVERYTIME I MOVE! I DON’T REMEMBER ANYTHING!” Sungjong exploded into tears. 

            Sunggyu stared at him speechless, before he hugged the boy. 

            “Can I just stay with you?  You seem nice,” Sungjong said as he looked up at Sunggyu with his big round eyes. 

            “ I….” Sunggyu hesitated.  Could he take in this boy?  He seemed lost and Sunggyu felt like he was responsible of the younger one now.  But could this be trouble?

            “You can stay with me until we figure out who you really are.  I’m sure someone is looking for you.” 

            “Thank you,” Sungjong said.  He got up from the table to directly hug Sunggyu. 

           

            Myungsoo watched as an old lady closed her door; she was out for a morning walk with her cat.  Yes her cat had a leash on.  He was about to give up.  He’d been up all night thinking of places where the boy could have gone.  So far no one strange had emerged from the apartments.  Well actually, he’d seen some sketchy people in this neighborhood…but no one that looked like Sungjong. 

            “Maybe I missed him,” Myungsoo murmured. 

            He saw a handsome boy with red hair walk out of his apartment.  He cast a glance back at the house before walking down the street. 

            Myungsoo took his gaze off of the boy as his phone rang.

            He looked down and gave a groan.

            “I can’t make magic in a night,” Myungsoo answered.

            “With a handsome face like that I’m sure you can multiple times in a night,” Sungyeol said and then laughed at his own joke.

            “What the is wrong with you?  Give me the ing phone!” 

            “I must say I’m disappointed.  I really thought you could find a little boy easily,” Dongwoo sneered through the phone. 

            Myungsoo grimaced.  He hated making his clients unhappy. 

            “Look, it’s not that easy to find someone.  Don’t worry I have a few leads,” Myungsoo lied. 

            “Well you better!  You’re not getting paid unless we get that boy!” Dongwoo said, “Me and Sungyeol are going to the District. We’re going to start searching there so don’t bother.”

            Myungsoo shivered; he hated going down to the District. 

            “Don’t worry about it.” Myungsoo snapped his phone shut.  He was about to start the car again when he noticed the red haired boy walking back to his apartment. He was coming back from a convenience store with a bag of supplies.  But Myungsoo didn’t need to know what the supplies were.  In the man’s other hand was a huge pillow. 

            “Now why would you need an extra pillow?” Myungsoo said as he stared at the boy. 

            He observed the bag in the boy’s hand and saw through the plastic, a toothbrush, some snacks, some clothes, and a small teddy bear.  The boy stumbled as he tried to climb up his stoop with the pillow and large bag of supplies. 

            But just as he was about to reach for his keys, the door opened.

            Myungsoo gasped as he saw who opened the door.

            The picture definitely didn’t do Sungjong any justice.  His eyes were so round and cute as he smiled at Sunggyu.  His full lips were a little chapped and Myungsoo had the sudden urge to them until they were moist.  The sunlight was shining onto his reddish brown hair and his milky skin, making him look like an angel. 

            “Bingo,” Myungsoo said.  He slowly got out of his car as the door closed behind Sunggyu.

 

wah i seem to be updating this story every day now!! that's because i already finished this story keke :D  next chappie one of my favorite idols is going to show up!! and we get to see what's happening with hoya!