EPILOGUE

Dark Streets of Seoul

EPILOGUE

 

            “I’m sure Rain would have wanted you to replace him,” Hoya said as he gave Sunggyu his badge. 

            Sunggyu raised his eyebrows, “You mean after all I did, you’re going to give this to me?”

            “You did what you had to in that circumstance. I know you’ll lead this police force to victory,” Hoya smiled as he patted Sunggyu on the .  He couldn’t reach any higher. 

            Sunggyu leaned on Hoya’s wheelchair handles.  Hoya’s legs were beyond repair and he would be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. 

            “I can’t believe it,” Sunggyu said as he wheeled Hoya to a room.

            “Well believe it,” Hoya turned around to face Sunggyu, “Just make sure you don’t mix work with your personal life.”  He winked at Sunggyu who blushed. 

            Sunggyu saluted Hoya, “I’ll do you proud, sir.”  He ran out of the room, bursting with excitement as he drove away.

 

            “I don’t see why you’re visiting me.  It’s not like I’ll escape.”

            Hoya snickered as he saw the man confined to a hospital bed, wrists handcuffed to the bed.

            “Let’s put all this anger away, Se7en,” Hoya said as he wheeled himself beside the man.

            Se7en snickered, “Never.”

            Hoya took out a pack of cards and threw them at Se7en, “Just deal the deck.”

 

            “Are you kidding me?” Sungyeol exclaimed as he jumped onto his comfy office chair.  He threw his legs onto his desk, “I can get used to this for sure.”

            Dongwoo sat on Sungyeol’s legs making the younger one exclaim.

            “Don’t get too spoiled.  We haven’t even had a job yet,” Dongwoo said as he looked around at the huge gigantic high tech building.  The computers were touch-screen, the phones were voice activated and the chairs slid easily against the marble floor. 

            “Goodbye District!” Sungyeol said as he pressed a button on his desk.  Immediately somebody came over to him and gave him a bag of peanuts.

            “You little jerk, you’re too spoiled,” Dongwoo frowned.  He was swinging a ring of keys around his finger.

            “Yah! Jang Dongwoo, what about yourself?!” Sungyeol got up and grabbed Dongwoo’s keys, “Isn’t that the latest police car model?  You have it?” 

            Dongwoo smiled proudly, “Yeah I do.  What about you?”

            “I couldn’t get rid of my broken down baby. We’ve been through too much,” Sungyeol patted his pocket where his car keys were.

            “You want to take a ride in it?” Dongwoo asked as he held out his keys.

            “Can I drive?” Sungyeol was already grabbing his jacket.

            “I see you’re enjoying it here.”

            Both boys turned to see Onew coming over to him with Taemin and Minho following close behind him.  The truth was Key and Jonghyun had died, leaving two spots empty for Dongwoo and Sungyeol to fill. 

            “We have a meeting at four; make sure you two are there,” Onew started walking to the conference room but stopped and turned back to Dongwoo, “Hey Woo, you have a visitor.”

            Taemin and Minho passed by and Dongwoo saw Sunggyu smiling at him from the doorway.

            “I’ll wait in the car,” Sungyeol patted Dongwoo and raced out of the building. 

            The couple both started walking towards each other.  “Hey Babe,” Sunggyu said as they met in the middle.

            “Why are you here?” Dongwoo asked as he kissed Sunggyu.

            “I got promoted. I’m the new lieutenant.”

            Dongwoo hugged Sunggyu to him, “So does that mean it’s called Sunggyu headquarters now?” 

            “No,” Sunggyu shook his head, “Hoya was a great lieutenant.  I think it’s good if it keeps the name.” 

            “I agree,” Dongwoo said as he grabbed Sunggyu’s hand and walked towards the exit.

            “So now we’re rivals,” Sunggyu said as he looked around the building. “Whoa I need one of those in my office,” he said as he spotted a robot that was cleaning the ground.

            “We could never be rivals,” Dongwoo pouted as he stopped. 

            “I know,” Sunggyu smiled as he cupped Dongwoo’s face.

            They were about to kiss when a horn beeped.

            “What the are you guys doing?  You have all night to each other.  Let’s ride this thing!” Sungyeol screamed from the driver’s side of Dongwoo’s new police car.

            “, this car is awesome!” Dongwoo exclaimed.

            “, I need one of these!” Sunggyu ran after Dongwoo. 

 

            Woohyun snickered as he fell down beside Sungjong on the bed.

            “This guy thought he was so tough picking on me.  I showed him,” Woohyun snickered.

            “I know what you mean.  Some of those guys thought that they could me.  I rearranged their ing faces,” Sungjong laughed.

            “Looks like NamJong will rule here as well,” Woohyun grinned.

            “We dominate anywhere we are,” Sungjong laughed bitterly. They had at least 10 years of imprisonment to do in this country prison.  Since both of them had done a good deed in the last few minutes before their arrest they were being placed in a normal country prison. If they were lucky they could get out on parole after ten years in here.  But he didn’t want to think about it.  He was happy as long as he was with Woohyun. 

            “You’ve changed Jongie,” Woohyun was looking up at him with his hands behind his head as he inspected the younger one.

            “No I haven’t.”

            “I’m not saying it’s a bad thing,” Woohyun got up and put an arm around Sungjong’s shoulder, “It’s just different.”

            “You have a visitor,”

            The prison guard pointed at Sungjong.  Sungjong got up; he had a clear idea of who it might be.  Sunggyu had visited him two days ago to see if he was okay and for sure Taeyang wouldn’t come out of hiding to see him.  He doubted they would let Se7en near him.  Two deadly assassins in one prison were enough, let alone three. It could only be one other person. 

            Sungjong froze as he sat down in front of the glass screen. 

            He saw Myungsoo pick up the phone and hesitated for a few seconds before he did too.

            “How are you doing?” Myungsoo asked.

            “Fine. How’s your head?” Sungjong motioned at the bandage around Myungsoo’s head.

            “I’ll be fine,” Myungsoo neared the glass, “We should have run away.”

            Sungjong laughed bitterly, “It’s better like this.  I’m where I belong.”

            “You belong with me.”

            Sungjong stiffened as he heard Myungsoo, “I don’t see why you would still feel that way after the way I treated you.”

            “Because when I look in your eyes I see the Sungjong I fell in love with.”

            Sungjong looked Myungsoo in the eyes and saw the same caring expression that Myungsoo had when they first met.  The same expression he’d always seen.  Not once had it changed. 

            “I think you need to move on.  I’m not going anywhere,” Sungjong said silently. 

            Myungsoo laughed, “I don’t a have any other choice but to wait.  My heart won’t allow me to move on.”

            Sungjong laughed, “Oh god, how long did you think that one up?”

            “My whole drive here, actually,” Myungsoo laughed.

            The prison guard made a noise and they both knew that their conversation would have to end soon.

            “I’ll visit every week for the next 10 years,” Myungsoo held out a hand to the glass, “For as long as it takes.”

            Sungjong wanted to resist but he put his palm against the glass as well, “I’ll hold you to that, Kim Myungsoo.”  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Waaaahhh the story is finally over!!! I tried to give everyone a happy ending!!!

Anyway, I'd like to thank all those who subscribed, read and especially those who commented!!! I keep on saying this but I really enjoy reading comments everytime I post a chapter just to see how you like the story :D  I don't know about you guys but this has been one of my favorite stories to write!  I hope to get your support on my other stories!! I'll miss my commentors (well those I aren't friends with) so I hope to see you comment on one of my stories in the future!!  And I'll definitely remember you cuz I remembered basically all my commentors in this story by name XD  (no...im not creepy)

Love you all <3

Bye yeom!   Toshi out <3

 

Hey guys!  So if you read in the comments section procrastperfection pointed out some things that she didn't get or thought were flaws in my story.  I think it's just that she didn't get some of the hints that I had in my story.  So in case you have the same questions regarding that.  Here was my reply to her.  

About why TOPs men didn't "go for the kill": I don’t know what you mean by TOP’s side going out for the kill. Se7en’s TOP’s main assassin and he was doing a lot of killing in the story. The other men stayed with TOP because he needed protection. Also they weren’t really involved with the police until the police found out TOP was still alive. But mainly Se7en and Namjong are the major killers

No one noticed that Dongwoo wasn't bleeding after being shot: They didn’t check for blood because as I said in my story, they knew Jay was coming so they had to leave quickly. They didn’t want to interact with the police. Also they didn’t expect Dongwoo to be wearing a vest or Sunggyu to be lying to them. Sunggyu is TOP’s second hand man and even though he does question Sunggyu, Sunggyu has done a lot to earn TOP’s trust. 

About why Jong switched sides or choose the path he was on: TOP and Jong are biological brothers. I tried to make that clear when Jong was shooting TOP. But you might not catch that cuz he said "hyung" and obviously ppl call each other that regardless of blood status.  But I do mention that Jong has a special meaning to TOP. Even Woohyun questioned why TOP didn’t save them when Jong was captured becaue he knew that Jong was TOP's only real family. TOP raised the two and they never lived a life different so that’s why they became killers. They were forced into it. ON the other hand along the way even though they feel thrill when killing they don’t feel like they’re doing completely right and they blame TOP. So in the end they kill him. 

Why Gyu leave alone for America:  AS I said in Gyu’s flashback chapter, Gyu left for America on a solo mission so he could be fully initiated into TOP’s gang. During this time while he was gone TOP started using NamJong out in the field. So Sunggyu never got to meet them. And since NamJong were TOP’s secret weapon he never used gyu and namjong together. He used them separately. Gyu worked at night (BTD) and Namjong did day jobs so they never directly met before but know of each other. 
 

About the vagueness of what Hoya's job was regarding "Hoya's prize possession" and "Property of Howon": The beginning was meant to be confusing with hoya and his prized possessions. I wanted to mislead readers LOL. Because NamJong are notorious, when Hoya captured them he called them prized possessions. They are on most wanted list and they raise his reputation. Also because they are under Hoya’s custody they are his property. And they are technically on his property. 
 

Hope this cleared up some things. I found a lot of flaws myself but I really tried to correct them. Some things couldn’t be fixed but I’m still proud of the story! Again thanks for helping me improve!