Chapter 21: Yet Another Mystical Creatures

The Heartbreakers

 

Kris ran fast towards the nearest woods and stopped when he was sure enough that Seohyun wasn’t able to follow him. He panted from the run he made. Nevertheless, he ran again, as fast as he still could and let his wings unfurled behind his back. For that moment, he did not want to care if anyone was around. He just wanted to fly away.

When Seohyun ran out of the bookstore, Kris was already too far to be chased by running. Even if she could move fast and could run swiftly after him, she did not dare doing so. There wasn’t much people walking by she could not risk it anymore. When she helped Kris to get home that one night—when he was almost hit by a bus—it was enough for her to go off her limits. When Kris walked away from her this time, being with Jaejoong slipped of her mind. All she wanted to do was to have Kris explain his odd actions and a reason for such hurtful words he used. She knew that there must be a reason why Kris would not want to talk to her anymore. Last time she checked, Kris even wanted to apologize and talk about their recent misunderstanding about Jaejoong’s condition. But right now, it’s hopeless. Kris was out of her sight.

She stepped back a little and watched people pass by her. But when she turned around to go back to the bookstore, she accidentally bumped someone.

“Oh, mianhaeyo.” She bowed repeatedly bowed to the person.

“S-Seohyun?” The sweet voice asked. When Seohyun looked up, she was surprised to see an old friend of hers. Years had passed before she saw her again. Hara was part of the group they call themselves Kara. They were composed of five lively and attractive ladies who grew close to the girls of SNSD.

“Hara!” She quickly pulled Hara to an embrace and squeezed her. “I missed you! I lost the count of years when we last saw each other!” Seohyun finally loosened up. Smile plastered on her face.

“Don’t exaggerate it, it’s only been a few years.” Hara smiled at her. “So how’s breaking hearts?” She kind of whispered—she even had to lean in closer to Seohyun to ask it. Hara, together with four other members of Kara, knew about the secret league of heartbreakers that Seohyun belonged to. In fact, they kind of knew everything about SM Town and all its issues. SNSD had always kept them updated before. “You’re still sticking to being a heartbreaker? You guys are legendary. You should be written somewhere that should be included in the world’s history—hey wait. Nobody knows you’re vampires.” Hara cutely shook her head like a child.

Seohyun just chuckled at her. “It’s not like we can give it up—as if you can give up being a witch!” She squished Hara’s cheeks and ended up having her hand slapped away.

“No touching.” Another person appeared beside Hara and Seohyun was even more delighted. “I’m kidding, of course you can do whatever you want with Hara.” Nicole laughed and embraced Seohyun. “Are you on again for another mission?”

“Hardly.” Seohyun thought of Jaejoong. “How about you guys, what are you doing here? No—I think a better question would be ‘where have you guys been?’”

Nicole and Hara exchanged glances, “We finally got news about your necklace!” They excitedly said. Seohyun’s eyes brightened. “We’re really excited to tell you about it—well you know it’s our kind of thing about these spells and such things—if you know what I mean.”

“Oh, I perfectly know what you mean.” Seohyun said and playfully rolled her eyes. “So what about it—“

“Seohyun?” Jaejoong suddenly appeared behind her. “Where have you been? I was looking for you inside and then you’re here, outside.”

Nicole and Hara were almost startled when Jaejoong suddenly appeared. They looked at Seohyun with curiosity about the vampire who just appeared. They already sensed he was one because they’re witches, they know things.

“Uhm, I—I saw my friends. Here, meet Hara and Nicole. They’re good friends of mine.” Seohyun introduced them to each other.

“I’m Jaejoong.” He carelessly said. Hara and Nicole’s eyes almost bulged out of their eye sockets. “Is there anything wrong?”

“No—no! Nothing. We just didn’t know our Seohyun here is dating such a gorgeous vam—I mean man.” Hara said as she was elbowed by Nicole.

“I’m afraid we’re disturbing something so we’ll see you guys around! Bye Seohyun!” Nicole waved goodbye and left with Hara.

Seohyun and Jaejoong looked at their backs retreating until they disappeared to the corner of the street. He suspected something about the two girls he just met, so he waited for Seohyun to tell him more about Hara and Nicole but he doubted that she would. They started walking side by side and still, Seohyun seemed to be in deep thought.

“So you have human friends, huh?” Jaejoong broke the silence that was filling the atmosphere around them.

“Of course, all my life I pretended to be one.”  Though she would have herself say ‘I have dealt with humans in my job, and I have vampire family and sisters in the league, I know an angel and in fact, I have witch friends. Who else do you want me to meet? Wolves?’ but she left the thought to herself. “It’s part of my job knowing a few people.”

“Those friends of yours—Hara and Nicole, right?” Seohyun nodded, “They’re quite charming.” Seohyun almost stiffened. She halted walking and looked at Jaejoong. “What?”

“Those are my friends.” Seohyun said. “I cannot let you kill them just because they’re charming or attractive. There are lots of others who are more attractive—“

“And your point is?”

Seohyun gulped, “They’re my friends. They’re not for eating.”  She said and continued walking. Jaejoong laughed softly and caught up with Seohyun. “Stop laughing.” She grumpily said.

“Why are you mad all of a sudden? I was just asking things about your friends. Is that so bad?”

“Even my parents did not ask who my friends were.” Seohyun said. They finally crossed the street and continued walking.

“Speaking of your parents… well I told you before about our parents, right?” Jaejoong’s tone suddenly became serious. “Did they happen to give you some sort of necklace? The design is really vintage, it may have not appealed to you when they gave it to you. But I just like to know if they gave it to you.”

Seohyun thought for a moment. She could not just tell Jaejoong everything about her life. Nonetheless, she did not want to lie. “Yes, I received a necklace before from them, before they died. That was a long time ago.”

“That’s good then.” Jaejoong sighed in relief.

“Why? What is it to you?”

“My parents gave it to your parents as a gift. My parents wanted you to keep it so it’s good to know your parents handed it to you.” Jaejoong explained. “But I was wondering… if you happen to have it until now. It’s quite old.”

Seohyun thought deeper. Her mother used to give her lots of jewels before and she was not sure which necklace Jaejoong was talking about. “I’m not really sure which necklace is that you’re talking about. I have quite some number of them from my mother.”

“Oh, that’s… that’s okay.”

“And I’m afraid I lost some of them since they’re really old now.” She said and saw disappointment in Jaejoong’s eyes. “But hey, I’ll try to find the one that you’re looking for. If you really need it—if it belongs to your family.”

“Really?” Jaejoong’s eyes brightened. “You’d do that for me?”

“Well,” Seohyun stammered. “It’s not really mine then if it belongs to the old Kims so maybe I should give it back now that their son is looking for it.” Jaejoong smiled at her and opened the door of his car for her. They left to go somewhere else as Jaejoong’s sports car engine roared to life.

When they left, a person sitting on a nearby bench from where Jaejoong’s car was parked put down the newspaper he was reading. “Did you hear that?”

“Let’s hurry back to the coffee shop and tell Doojoon about this.” Hyunseung said and Junhyung stood up with him.

 

Meanwhile, inside SNSD’s house, a small ruckus was going on. “Who saw her last?” Taeyeon asked. She was quite stressed to receive news at home that Jessica did not go home for a few days until now.

“She never told us anything. You know her, she doesn’t speak a lot.” Tiffany worriedly said. Everyone was holding their phones, trying to call her.

“She only sleeps a lot.” Sooyoung added which made the others laugh. “Okay, enough of joking. Why don’t we call Seohyun for help? She’s in the city, she might help looking.”

“Why? We don’t have to disturb her. We can do that by ourselves.” YoonA interrupted. Sooyoung was surprised by what she said.

“We cannot do that. Unless we want TVXQ to be aware that one of our sisters is illegally staying somewhere else that is not this house.” Sooyoung crossed her arms.

“Yes, we can’t. Jessica-unnie might be punished for this. We have to know where she is at first.” Yuri said. Taeyeon nodded and took her phone and dialed some numbers.

“I’m going to call Leeteuk to inform her trainer. Donghae-oppa must know something about this.” Taeyeon said as she went to the porch to talk to Leeteuk.

“And while she calls her loving Leeteuk-oppa, I’ll call our Seohyunnie so she can help.” Sooyoung said. “Poor maknae. She’s not aware of so many things about us right now.” She waited for a few rings before Seohyun finally picked up. “Seohyun-ah!” She greeted with enthusiasm. She surely missed her. Hyoyeon walked beside her and stuck her ear on the other side of the phone. “I really miss you and I want to share some stories with you but right now we need your help.”

“What is it, unnie? Your call scares me now all of a sudden.” Seohyun said.

“Sica-unnie has been missing for days.”

“What?!”

“Yes, I know. It’s very surprising knowing she’s the vampire who’d most likely stay inside her room and sleep.” Sooyoung tried to put up a lighter mood. “Okay, she did not go home for a few days now. We thought maybe you can eye her in the city.”

“A-arasseo. I will. But where was she the last time you guys saw her?” Seohyun asked—Sooyoung’s phone was now on loudspeaker.

“I think during the Mac lipstick incident…” Yuri said.

“That was days ago! Omo.” Seohyun said.

“We know. That’s why we’re trying to ask for your help since we can’t go out all at once to the city.” Yoona said. “The TVXQ gods might suspect something.”

“Arraso. I’ll call you guys back when I got something. Try to tell Donghae-oppa. Those two are really close.” Seohyun said and was supposed to hung up when Hyoyeon said.

“Hey, lady. We miss you! A lot!” She said before Sooyoung took her phone and cut the call.

“So what now?” Sooyoung sighed and so as the others.

 

“I’m sorry, Jaejoong. I’m afraid you’ll have to drop me by any nearest unloading zone.” Seohyun said right after Sooyoung cut the call.

Jaejoong’s eyes furrowed, “What is it? Did something happen?”

“Actually, I shouldn’t be telling you about my whereabouts.” Seohyun said. “But Jessica-unnie’s missing and I have to find her within the city.” Jaejoong smirked a little. “What’s with the face? Don’t tell me you kidnapped her or something? I will kill you—“

“No, no! What business do I have with that Jung?” Jaejoong said. “I think I remember her. She had my picture on her wallet before.” Seohyun’s jaw almost dropped. “I kind of saw it—but never mind, do you want me to help you look for her? I think I can still remember how she looks like.”

“No, I can that on my own. I think I know my sisters better than anyone else.” Seohyun said. “Hey, pull to the side.” Seohyun asked and Jaejoong maneuvered his car to the side. She got down once it stopped but Jaejoong refused to leave at first.

“You sure you don’t want my help?” He asked by the window.

“I said I’m fine. Go now.” Seohyun shooed him away and quickly walked towards the other street without looking back at Jaejoong. As much as she knew that she needed help looking for Jessica, she could not risk Jaejoong’s life if anyone from SM Town saw her with him. She was supposed to bring him back to the town, not to spend time with him. She was just waiting for a perfect timing for him to be back to that town—whatever awaits him there.

 

[A/N: Not much happened here because of fillers, hahaha so I guess I'll be uploading Chapter 22 SOON.]