Chapter 35 - Disneyland Part 2

Behind the Scenes

 

[A/N]: So I was rereading some fanaccounts of Disneyland and it said that every member went on the rollercoaster, including Sehun. Apparently, Kris and Baekhyun sat in the first row, Sehun and Tao sat in the second row, and Tao was really scared and stunned after it lolol. Darn it, I should have read the fanaccounts again before writing. T______T But shh, we’ll just pretend Sehun stayed with Luhan. ^^
And I also missed this fanaccount (just pretend I wrote about it lol sigh...): So before the ride started, Luhan started swinging back and forth on his seat and would purposely keep kicking sehun’s seat in front of him. He did this about three times, and then he tried kicking the seats of the other members who were a bit at the front.(I have a fancam of this, I’ll post it later) Afterwards, Sehun took out his phone (which he had out for the remaining of the ride) and started taking pictures (or a video?) of himself, and then he kinda like extended his arm to try to snap a picture of luhan while the ride was in motion. After the ride finished, Sehun scooted closer to luhan and started showing him whatever he took on his phone. Then they got up and walked out of the ride together.
*AND CAN I JUST ADD THAT THEY HELD HANDS WHILE ON THEIR WAY TO GET TO THIS RIDE, OMFG



Sehun POV [A/N]: Sorry I didn’t do Luhan this time, but Sehun was the one that went on the rides so it would be better to use his POV


When we got off the swings, we were all giddy and in a good mood. Unsure of where to go next, we decided to just walk around the park and look for the next ride. We doubled back, passing California Screamin’ again and kept walking. But there weren’t many good rides. There were a bunch of cafes and stuff. Suddenly, I heard Zitao squeal.

“LOOK! A STORE! CAN WE GO IN, HYUNG, CAN WE CAN WE~?” I looked over and saw him making wide eyes at Kris, and then he raised his fist to his cheek to do buing buing. I stifled a laugh.

I heard Kris sigh. Without saying anything, he just walked into the store. We all cracked up. Zitao skipped behind him happily. When we entered, he began looking around immediately.

I strolled around and soon found the hats section. Immediately, I looked through a few. My eyes fell upon one with Mickey Mouse on it. (1) I’ve always liked Mickey Mouse, and it would really represent Disneyland since Mickey Mouse was such a symbol of Disney. Reaching a conclusion, I decided to buy it. I mean, I probably won’t ever be here again, right? Might as well get a souvenir. Looking back, I saw Luhan a few feet away looking at the rack of Mickey Mouse ears. I grinned as he picked one up.

Walking over, I chose a Minnie Mouse one and told him, “You should buy this one. It suits you, since you’re so girly looking and all.” He glared at me and was about to protest when I stopped him and said, “Seriously, you’re so pretty. Just buy it.” His mouth hung open. I cracked up, and when I looked at him again, he was smiling.

“Fine, just because you complimented me.” Luhan gave me another glare, but I knew he wasn’t angry. I grinned. Walking to the cash register, we saw Yixing coming towards us holding a Mickey Mouse ears headband.

“Hey unicorn, we match!” Luhan exclaimed, pointing at Yixing’s headband and then at the Mickey Mouse ears hat he was holding. Yixing grinned.

After we paid, we waited for the other members to finish. Jongdae bought a Perry the Platypus version of the Mickey Mouse ears hat. (2) I liked the color. [A/N]: I'm actually not sure who bought what, since they all wore everything OTL

When we walked out, I put on my hat and Luhan wore his Minnie ears. (3) But after a while, he took them off and put them in his bag, complaining that he didn’t want to mess up his hair. I snickered.

“Wouldn’t want the adorable Luhan to have hat hair, now would we?” I said, faking a concerned expression. He hit my arm. Then when he wasn’t looking, I slipped off my hat and put it on Luhan’s head. But he ripped it off immediately and slammed it back onto mine. (4) I rubbed my head, wincing.

“Why’d you have to put it on so hard?” I whined.

“Why’d you have to put it on my head in the first place?” he whined back, mimicking me. I stuck out my tongue, and he copied me again.

“Copycat,” I huffed. Luhan chuckled.

“Oh hey, there are some Disney characters over there,” Kris commented, nodding his head towards them. I saw a few, including Mickey Mouse, and smiled. There were some kids around them, asking for autographs. Cute.

I suddenly realized that Luhan had stopped walking. I turned back and saw him standing there, frozen, eyes wide.

“D-Donald Duck...” he stuttered. Oh right, Luhan loves Donald Duck. Putting my arm around him, I led him forward.

“Let’s go talk to him,” I suggested. Luhan made a choking sound. Is he okay...?

When we got there, the little kids were clearing away, so I pushed Luhan forward gently towards Donald Duck.

“Donald Duck...fan...me...big...autograph,” Luhan stammered in broken English. (5) Donald Duck just stood there, staring at him blankly. Kris, who had been standing behind us, stepped forward.

“He says that he’s a big fan of yours and he wants an autograph,” Kris clarified in English. Donald Duck nodded and asked something. Kris said something else, and I heard Donald Duck say “oh.” Kris probably said something like, ‘We’re from China and Korea, so he doesn’t understand much English,’ I thought. Then Donald Duck looked at Luhan.

“Nice meeting you!” (Even I understood that.) Then he patted Luhan’s shoulder and turned to the side, where a little kid was holding out an autograph book and pen to him. Luhan didn’t move. Then he brought his head down and covered his face, body shaking. I looked at him, concerned.

“Luhan hyung? A-are you okay...?” I asked hesitantly. But he didn’t respond. Was he...crying? Or laughing? I couldn’t tell. Then he started fanboying.

“Oh my freaking goodness,” Luhan said quietly. “I just met Donald Duck. Freaking Donald Duck.” The other members all turned and started shushing him gently, patting his back and trying to calm him down. He looked like he was going to cry. (6) I was concerned but also silently laughing. Oh hyung. You can really be a kid sometimes.

We began walking again, and I put my arm around his shoulder, comforting him. (7) We passed the kiddy rides, and then I saw Kris pointing at a ride. I looked up. Tower of Terror. I gulped but immediately felt my heart start racing. Then I looked at Luhan, whose eyes widened. Oh crap, this ride definitely has heights.

“Hyung, I’ll stay with you again,” I offered. But he just shook his head.

“No, you promised you’d go on the next ride I don’t go on, no matter what, remember?” he told me. I cursed myself for agreeing to that.

“But I don’t want to leave you here alone!” I protested. Luhan was about to say something when Minseok stepped toward us.

“I can stay with him. I don’t want to go on this ride anyway... I still feel a bit dizzy from the roller coaster,” Minseok told us, smiling at Luhan. I looked at him gratefully.

“Thanks, hyung!” I said, relieved that Luhan would have company. It didn’t make me feel so guilty anymore.

Minseok nodded and said, “Look, they’re leaving. Go catch up with them now!” Turning, I waved and ran up to the other members. I noticed that Baekhyun also stayed back. Yixing, Kris, and Joonmyun were standing near the front. I was standing behind Kyungsoo. (8)

Chanyeol turned to me and asked, “Luhan’s not coming?” I shook my head. Chanyeol looked disappointed.

“We’re definitely dragging him on the next ride, okay?” he said determinedly, eyes gleaming with mischief.

“But Luhan doesn’t like heights!” I argued. Chanyeol waved his hand.

“Psh, he’ll thank us later for helping him get over his fear.” Then he turned forward again before I could say anything else. I sighed.

“Wait, Luhan didn’t come?” I heard Yixing’s voice ask from the front.

“Nope,” Chanyeol responded before I could. Then I saw Yixing pushing his way back toward us.

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol asked.

“I’ll go keep him company,” he said simply. Before I could tell him Minseok was with him, he was already past us. I sighed again. Speak quicker, Sehun.

I heard Chanyeol ask Kris something, calling him “duizhang” a few times. I laughed along with the other members.

As we moved forward in line, we accidentally bumped into some of the people around us. It was a tight squeeze. I apologized whenever I pushed or stepped on someone.

It was a long wait. After about half an hour, my stomach growled. I wasn’t the only one.

“I’m hungry~” Jongdae whined to Joonmyun. I chuckled. He always shows so much aegyo around us, but not in front of cameras. (9)

Bored, I put my arms around Kyungsoo’s shoulders and swayed back and forth. Inside, I was still pretty anxious about going on the ride. I hope it’s not too bad.

Then Kris turned to us and said, “I just heard that girl over there talking about this ride. They said it’s okay and that it’s fun, so don’t worry!” he assured us. I breathed a sigh of relief.

After a little while, we finally walked into the actual ride. Chanyeol took out his phone and started taking pictures immediately. Then he tried taking a selca with all of us together, but I don’t think we all fit. He called Joonmyun’s name, telling him to squeeze in. Then he took a picture. Afterwards, we crowded around to look at it. It was too dark to actually see much though.

Soon afterwards, someone dressed up (an employee, I guess) started dancing around. It was funny, so we were all laughing. Then we got towards the front near a screen.

Chanyeol shouted, “Let’s gooooo!” in English. I laughed. Then the room got pitch black. I shivered. It was kind of creepy. Thankfully, Kris reached out his arms and gathered us into a huddle. Zitao clung to me, hugging me. When the video began playing, Zitao jumped up and down.

“I’m scared, I’m scared...” he whined. I patted his back.

“Don’t worry! Kris said it was okay, remember? This will be fun!” I soothed. But he still seemed scared.

When the video finished, we went up the stairs and were split into groups to be put in the ‘elevator.’ (10) They brought us really high up. Zitao was trembling. My heart wrenched. Poor guy. But my stomach was also in a knot, tensing up as I anticipated the fall.

Then out of nowhere, we dropped. I screamed along with everyone else. Thankfully, it was over soon. We exited the ride dazed, all in a state of shock. Meeting up with the others, I saw Luhan looking at me, worried.

“Are you okay?” he asked. I managed to nod.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I assured him. My stomach grumbled again, and he laughed.

“Let’s eat then! I think there’s a restaurant up there that we can get some food at,” he said, pointing.

We went over there and got some food. There was a circle fangirls around us, watching us as we ate. Luhan seemed uncomfortable. He kept smiling and covering his mouth. (11) I patted his shoulder.

“Pretend they’re not there,” I whispered. He nodded meekly but still seemed awkward. When we finished, we threw away our trash. Then as we walked out, I put slipped my arms around his waist and backhugged him as we walked.

“Don’t feel uncomfortable, hyung,” I comforted. “They’re just really supportive fans. I’m sure they’re really happy to see us right now, so that’s why they were staring. Just don’t feel weird around them. Act like normal, okay?” He nodded.

When we got to another roller coaster, Chanyeol winked at me. I groaned inwardly. Please don’t do what I think you’re going to do... He gestured to the other members. Are they in on this, too?? Then they all crowded on Luhan and tugged his arms toward the ride. (12)

“Come on, hyung!”

“Come with us!”

“It’s not that bad!”

“You have to conquer your fear!”

But Luhan kept shaking his head. His face looked white.

“Let go of him, guys,” I warned.

“Yeah, don’t force him to go,” Yixing sided with me. I shot him a grateful glance. He nodded at me.

They sighed.

“Fine.” I heard Chanyeol mutter. They all went to get in line. Yixing and I stayed behind, keeping Luhan company.

“Thank you,” he whispered.

“No problem,” Yixing and I said at the same time. We smiled.

“Don’t mind them, they’re just being inconsiderate,” Yixing said. I agreed.

“Forget them. It doesn’t matter, anyway. Just do what you want to have fun here. That’s the reason why we came, isn’t it? Don’t let them make you do something that will make you uncomfortable,” I told him seriously, rubbing his back. Luhan hyung, I feel like I’m being overprotective and like a mother now. But you need it. I hope you don’t feel bad.

Luhan looked at me, smiling.

“Really, thanks you guys,” he said gratefully. I hugged him, and Yixing joined us.

 

---

 

Whee, another chapter! :D I think there will be two more. I'll try to update both tomorrow! Sorry this has to end): I'm sad that it's ending too T______T But I already had the ending planned and I want to finish it before I leave for 3 weeks... .__. Please support my Kris/Sehun fanfic when I start writing it!(:

Anyways, there were soooo many fanaccounts of Disneyland so jealous but I wasn't really sure in what order they happened, so I just put them together in an order that seemed somewhat logical. >< Lots of sources today!

Links:

 

 

(1) IMAGE: (Sehun with Mickey Mouse hat)

(2) IMAGE: (Lay with Mickey Mouse ears headband)
GIF: too lazy to look for an actual photo and found this so (Chen with Perry the Platypus Mickey Mouse ears)
(cr: ma-ma-ma-ma-masheen) 
(3) FANACCOUNT: Luhan wore Minnie ears.
(4) FANACCOUNT: Sehun put his Mickey mouse hat on Luhan, who then put it back on Sehun’s head.
(5) FANACCOUNT: Luhan said: “Donald Duck...fan...me...big...autograph” and Kris clarified, “He says that he’s a big fan of yours and he wants an autograph.”
(6) FANACCOUNT: Luhan had a mental breakdown when he saw Donald Duck, and the members tried to calm him down.
(7) FANACCOUNT: Sehun had his arm around Luhan the entire time.
(8) FANACCOUNT: (Sorry, this is really long but I didn’t want to cut parts out. This fanaccount made me so jealous T_____T) so after debating which park to enter first, my sister @thexy-thehun and i went into california adventures because we saw the picture of d.o, chanyeol, and kai on california screamin’ on tumblr. we have annual passes so why not take the chance and hopefully see the boys. we weren’t expecting much just maybe a glimpse here and there of them and then be on our way. by the time we got there though, we weren’t sure where they would be but headed in the general direction of tower of terror thinking they might go, as we passed by tower of terror we didn’t see a crowd nor any exo members so we walked a little further before we saw them walk around the corner from the bug’s life area. i first saw kai ruffling his hand through his head, then saw kris walking next to him and as we whispered, “oh oh ”, i immediately turned around with my sister. we started walking away from them towards the tower of terror line hoping they would go too, and soon we heard chanyeol and kris’ voices come right behind us.
we were shaking, so much excitement but we decided not to acknowledge them because we didn’t want to make them uncomfortable and wanted them to be themselves. it was…indescribable. for weeks, we were jealous of people at their fan signs and people seeing them perform and here they were, inches away from us. we couldn’t believe our luck.
-outside in line for tower of terror-
kris was always the center of them, kris talked sooooo much! chanyeol kept calling kris “duizhang, duizhang!” and they were all laughing. (their voices are sooo deep)
closest to us were kris, chanyeol, and suho for most of the time as they were always at the front of the group. kris, chanyeol, suho, d.o and chen kept bumping into us. they stepped on our feet a lot and kept inching towards us. d.o and suho look short in pictures when standing next to the other members but they were a lot taller than i expected! d.o was wearing the perry the platypus hat, and then chen wore it later.
suho and chen sang exo m’s version of mama together and my sister and i really wanted to sing along but we held ourselves back. suho also sang gd&top’s “don’t go home” he sang “jibae gajima, baby” and chen joined along for the “whooo” part. chanyeol rapped a new song (we assume it is) because he said exo a few times in the rap. *wish we could understand more korean
whenever i looked back, i was like looking right into chanyeol and kris’ chests. they were literally sometimes centimeters away and always bumping into us.
about half an hour into waiting in line, chen complained to suho and wiggled around “joon ma hao, paegoppah!” (i’m hungry!)
sehun put his arms around d.o’s shoulders in a back hug and they swayed back and forth a lot.
i met chanyeol, kris, suho, d.o and tao’s eyes as well as their manager hyung…awkward. lol (pictures don’t do them justice, they are x infinitely better looking in person and you can definitely tell the non kpopper fans noticed, some girls were whispering, “they’re so hot”)
i personally do not like tower of terror, it scares me even though i’ve been on it so many times. so my sister was telling me “it’s okay, it’s fun!” and then we heard kris say to the rest of the exo members, something like “yeoja(girl), gwaenchena (it’s okay), chaemisseo (its fun)” so i’m assuming he heard us and told the rest of the exo members that the ride was fun.
at one point i realized a fan behind them was taking pictures and i was in the background and i panicked for some reason and said “omo!” really loudly, i turned away from the camera only to see that suho turned away too.
i tried voice recording since pictures were way too obvious and we didn’t want to make them uncomfortable. there’s a lot of background noise but you can hear them somewhat. will probably upload later.
-inside the building tower of terror-
we walked in and immediately chanyeol took out his iphone and took pictures of the interior. then he tried to take a selca with all the members behind him and when he didn’t see suho in the frame, he shouted “joon ma hao, joon ma hao~!”. his hand reaches so high up…
while in line, i was showing my sister pictures of our baby niece and i was exclaiming “sooo cute!” and kris came up behind us and was looking over our shoulders.
they laughed at a disney staff member inside who was dancing around. we got towards the front where you go into the twilight room where they play the twilight zone video, and chanyeol yelled out in english, “let’s gooo!”
the room got completely dark and the t.v inside . kris being the duizhang, put his arms wide out and gathered all the members into a huddle. they all had their arms around each other. left to right from what i could see was tao who was hugging sehun from behind and next to d.o who was next to kris. the rest were in front of them. they got close to the t.v…(like really guys, you are the tallest people in the room and you all huddle at the front?) i was right behind kris (and true to the other fanaccts, he smells really good).
the video starts playing and tao starts jumping around behind sehun, grabbing his arms and saying “busowo! busowo!” (i’m scared! i’m scared!) my sister laughed at him and he looked back at us. i feel bad but he was just sooo cute. he was clinging onto sehun. this kid who cries at ghost stories, i felt so bad for him going on this ride. as we were getting ushered out of the room, people were pushing and my sister bumped into chen, she said “i’m so sorry” and chen said in english, “oh no, it’s okay!” he was adorable with the cutest smile.
we left the room and walked up the stairs, the guys still right behind us. they started singing again not sure what song. we finally go to the ‘elevator’ to get on the ride, and when the staff asked my sister and i how many people, chanyeol thought he was asking them and he said “we 9! 9!” my sister and i were laughing so hard as we said “2.” we got split from them then as we had to take the other side since they had such a large party. (btw, lay was in line at first but he left later not sure when, xiumin, luhan and baekhyun weren’t in line either, just 8 of them and their manager hyung)
(9) QUOTE: In the Music High Guest interview of EXO-M, Lay revealed that Chen actually does a lot of aegyo at home.
(10) IMAGE: (Tower of Terror ride)

(11) FANACCOUNT: When the members were eating lunch there was already a huge circle of fans surrounding them. LuHan found it awkward so he was smiling a lot while covering his mouth. When they finished lunch they walked out and Sehun was hugging LuHan a lot while Chen put his hand on Xiumin’s shoulder.
(12) FANACCOUNT: Luhan was the only one who didn’t go on any of the roller coasters, even when s tried to forcibly drag him on one.