Chapter 15 - Beijing Showcase Q&A

Behind the Scenes

[A/N]: Like the pictures? xD I couldn't find a good shot of Luhan whispering to Kai, so I just used two small/blurrier ones. Hope thats okay... You can see it in the video too^^ And I needed to balance out those LuKai pictures (none of you ship them right? You better not, otherwise what would you be doing, reading a HunHan fanfic? lolol) with some Sehun, so there's one macro of his "reaction" and one of him and D.O. that I just find hilarious. Enjoy!(:

Luhan POV
 

Standing on stage in Beijing felt really good. Finally to be home, performing with my brothers I spent so long training with in Korea was so refreshing. I wasn’t tired anymore. (And the coffee probably helped too.) I was all smiles as we walked on stage for the Q&A Interview.

I was standing next to Jongin in our planned arrangement, which meant Sehun was as far as ever -- there were TWO PEOPLE between us! I heard fans shout my name. I smiled shyly.

Joonmyun was answering the first question, expressing our gratitude and amazement at the fan support. When fans from China, Korea, and even other countries yelled that they were here, I was overwhelmed, unable to contain my smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

However, this was all said in Chinese, so I could tell that Jongin was really confused. He looked at me and asked me what they said, but it was very loud so I leaned into his ear to tell him. He looked like he was going to pull away. Why would you do that? Then you couldn’t hear me.

To stop him from moving his ear away, I reached my hand out around his back and grabbed his shoulder right near his neck, keeping him in place. I'm a touchy person, so this was totally natural for me.

“The MC asked if there were Chinese fans, Korean fans, and then even international fans, and they screamed ‘Yes!’ for all of them,” I told him in a voice loud enough for him to hear me.

All of a sudden, I heard fans scream really loudly. I finished what I said and pulled away, releasing Jongin from my grip and standing back normally in my spot.

I looked around, dazed. Why are they screaming?

I saw Jongin turn to Joonmyun, who was trying to suppress a wide grin and was failing, and transfer what I told him so he could know too, leaning into his ear for a brief moment.

Then the next question was asked, and Kris announced that he would answer it. The fans went wild. I almost burst out laughing. He answered really well though.

Next was the “Q&A From Earthlings” part. Yixing stepped up to answer the first question, and I clapped with one hand holding my microphone.

The questions were good, and I clapped happily for my brothers. The third question was interesting. We each spoke about our first impression of another member and what he is really like. We went down the line, and soon it was Joonmyun’s turn to talk about Jongin. This would be interesting, I thought, grinning.

“Our Kai...” Joonmyun began, putting his arm around him.

Fans screamed. “He started by calling him ‘our Kai’!” the MC joked.

“Our Kai, our Kai,” Joonmyun restated, gesturing widely to everyone, meaning the Kai of all the fans. I exchanged smiles with him as Jongin looked down shyly between us, smiling too.

After Joonmyun gave his accurate description, it was time for Jongin to give his description of me.

The MC continued, “Okay, Kai, about Luhan...” The fans interrupted him, screaming. I suppressed a laugh and saw Jongin do the same.

“...what kind of a person do you think he is?” the MC finished.

I looked down, then looked at Jongin, smiling.

Suddenly, the fans broke out into a chant. “KAILU, KAILU, KAILU, KAILU...”


Sehun POV
 

What were the fans screaming? KaiLu??

I turned to Kris. “What are they saying?” I demanded in a low voice.

Kris smirked at me, amused. “KaiLu. You know, shipping Kai and Luhan? They must be excited to hear what Jongin has to say about his little Luhan.” He chuckled.

My face fell. Fans ship Luhan with Jongin? Then I rolled my eyes. Psh. Whatever. Everyone knows Luhan is mine. Friendship-wise and also for fanservice shipping and stuff. Right?

I craned my neck to look at them. Jongin looked really embarrassed. He should be.

The MC called for the fans to stop chanting so Jongin should answer. About time. Who would want to hear them chanting KaiLu over and over, anyway?

Jongin placed his hand on Luhan’s shoulder. “When I first saw Luhan hyung, I thought he was cute...” Fans screamed. “...and handsome.” Jongin laughed. “His personality is cute too, and handsome.” Then he paused and said something in Chinese that even I knew: “He’s very pretty.”

Fans screamed as Luhan made a face and looked around and down at his feet, embarrassed. I huffed and looked around in disbelief. As the translator said it in Chinese, I saw Luhan pat Jongin on the back. Fans screamed again. I snorted.

Then the MC pointed out that Jongin had used the term “pretty” and asked whether Luhan was “pretty” or “handsome.” (Kris told me what he said.) I watched them closely. Luhan leaned over... ARE THEY GOING TO EFFING KISS?????

Oh wait, false alarm, he’s just whispering in his ear again. Seriously hyung, you don’t need to lean in that close and that intimately to tell him something. Geez. You’re killing some of those fans, I mean you must be from the sound of their screams.

After Luhan finished telling him what he said, Jongin held up two fingers, meaning Luhan is both pretty and handsome. I scoffed. He’s much more than what just two words can describe.

The fans went wild anyway, and Luhan ducked down and was smiling shyly like a little girl hearing from her crush that he thought she was pretty. Pfft. I stuck out my tongue.

I heard Luhan talk about Yixing next. They were close. No one is shipping them, are they??

Yixing talked about Kyungsoo. Then Kyungsoo turned to talk about me and fans started screaming. I ducked my head, embarrassed but grateful. I guess I have more fans than I thought! It really blew me away.

Kyungsoo began speaking. “Even though he is the maknae of EXO-M, you can see that he is very tall!” he said, gesturing to my height in comparison to his. Not this again... I groaned inwardly.

Kyungsoo continued. “He is also cute from the moment I met him...” Fans interrupted him with screams. Thankfully, he didn’t embarrass me any further than that. Now to talk about Chanyeol.

“He was very tall and I was envious of him for how he looked,” I said in my soft voice. “He looks cool as a man, but also kind of feminine too,” I finished. Chanyeol nodded and gave a small laugh. I looked around nervously. Was that okay?

As the translator was speaking, Chanyeol even did a little bit of aegyo, pointing to a dimple, when the translator mentioned that I said he looked feminine. The fans went wild, and I laughed, patting his arm.

After Chanyeol’s description of Kris (with lots of cheering), Kris had to describe Zitao. He tried to weasel out of it at first, but the MC wouldn’t let him. This is going to be good. Don’t forget the Taoris shippers, duizhang Kris... I thought to myself, grinning.

“My first impression of Tao is that he’s very mature, manly, and handsome.” Fans screamed. Nice. You guys really are good at this.

“He also has a lot of charisma,” Kris added. More screams from fans. “And since he’s my little brother to me, I can understand him very well.” Kris continued. Ouch, calling him your brother? That leaves no room for the fans to imagine... Heh, oh well, I’m sure they don’t really mind. And it’s good to tell the truth, if not for them but for yourselves. I looked up and sighed.

“Now that we’re closer, he’s also a person who is very cute. And he has his own uniqueness. Yeah, that’s basically it,” Kris finished.

Whew, now we’re all done. I could probably relax for a little while, because I don’t really have to talk.

“...I’d like to add another one myself!” I heard the MC say. Huh? Wait, what?? Did I hear wrong? My Chinese is really bad...

“How about we pick another EXO member to talk about someone?” the MC suggested. Oh no...

The fans started chanting. I couldn’t tell what they were saying at first, so I looked over at Kris, but he was smirking at me. Oh. They were saying “HunHan.”

 

---

Heh, cliffhanger? xD Unless you guys have already watched the video... And if you haven't, the link is below!^^

Ahh, I've also been dying to write this chapter (and the next one teehee). I watched it online the day

it happened, and I was just squealing the whole time (or at least, at the HunHan moments lol)

Sorry this came a little late, I didn't have time today, and so I'm writing it here, at 3am... :P

It's a little longer tooo (trying to make up for my inability to do a double update the other day ><)

Anyway, hope you like my chapter! Once again, thank you so much for the supportt,

I reached 50 subs~<3 -spazzspazzspazz-

LINK TO VIDEO: (not YouTube this time, sorry .__.)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq092s_exoticsubs-120401-exo-showcase-q-a_music

QUOTES: Everything said comes from the video of the Q&A, either from the English subs or from my own knowledge of Chinese. (though my Chinese is lacking... :/)

FAN ACCOUNT: “Because Kai and Luhan were seen whispering to each other throughout the whole time when they were standing. Fans started screaming “Kailu! Kailu!” and Sehun heard the loud cheers and since he didnt understand, he turned to Kris and asked what’s the commotion about. Kris told him (must be telling him that’s just the cheers for Kai and Luhan this couple) and Sehun’s face fell and rolled his eyes without hesitation.”

NOTE: (found this from someone else, and I thought this was a good explanation lol. I feel like such a failure at Chinese...even though my parents only speak Chinese to me. Sigh. Oh well.

At least I can still understand it so I don't need to wait for English subs like with kpop... :P

MY LUHAN, IF WE GET MARRIED, I CAN COMMUNICATE WITH YOU<3) 

"闹 = "nào" = noisy/to disturb; In Beijing, Lu Han said that Sehun likes to nao. Chinese speaking fans were really amused by his choice of words because nao is generally used by adults to describe disobedient kids"