Chapter 22 - Sehun's Birthday Video Message

Behind the Scenes

[A/N]: Didn't have a picture for this chapter because it's all fiction, so I just decided to use a screenshot of my conversation with a friend today. Hope it amused you xD

Luhan POV



Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Are the seconds going by slower than usual?

...They definitely are.

I sighed and shot Joonmyun another text message. Are you guys all around the computer? Is the video chat program on in the background? Is Sehun definitely there?

Hitting send, I threw my phone back on my bed.

Minseok looked at me and reassured in Korean, “I’m sure everything will go as planned.”

“Baozi, shouldn’t you be speaking Chinese?” I teased in the language he was struggling with.

He looked at me blankly for a second, and then said “Ohhhhh.” I laughed. Too cute, baozi.

“Sorry,” he responded in Chinese, grinning mischievously.

I laughed again, patting him on the back. At least he took my mind off of... Crap.

I was thinking about it again. I looked sharply at the clock on the wall. Sehun’s video message would be in less than three minutes!!!!

I freaked out. “GUYS!! GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE! WE HAVE THREE MINUTES!!!”

I don’t usually yell, but the nervousness was building up in me and just poured out. The other members rushed in, apparently worried why I was yelling. Sigh. At least they came.

I motioned for them to gather around Kris’s laptop, which I was using. I pulled up the video chatting program. [A/N]: I would say Skype, but do people in Korea and China use Skype? I’m not sure... .__.

I looked at the time that the computer was displaying. One more minute!!

“Yixing, hand me my phone. It’s on my bed,” I ordered. He looked at me, slightly dazed.

Then he snapped back to reality and said, “Oh, okay.” He walked over, picked it up, and handed it to me. Joonmyun had texted back. Whoops, I guess I didn’t hear it with my screaming...

It said: Yes, yes, and yes. Chill out, Lu-honey!

I quickly typed back a response. Alrighttt. :P

I glanced at the clock again. One minute should be up by now, right? Only a few more seconds maybe...

Suddenly, it turned to 23:00. [A/N]: There’s a one hour time difference between Beijing and Seoul, so EXO-M would’ve waited until 11pm to call EXO-K for it to be 12am for them, which was officially Sehun’s birthday.

I screamed. The other members jumped. I hastily selected EXO-K’s username in the contacts list and hit the “call” button.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Why aren’t they picking up??

Then it stopped ringing and an image of EXO-K flickered on the screen. I watched closely as the image focused and all the members could be seen. My eyes automatically found Sehun, who looked somewhat surprised. We had decided to keep it a secret, so Joonmyun told me he would pretend to want to show them all a video so they would get around the computer, and then they’d pick up my call.

I whispered, “One, two, three...”

And EXO-M and EXO-K shouted “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” to Sehun, who jumped slightly in his seat. We laughed and broke out into cheers and applause.

“You’re eighteen, well nineteen, now. How do you feel?” I asked him, grinning.

“Not...very...different,” Sehun admitted slowly, still looking dazed.

“Let’s all exchange individual birthday wishes to Sehun,” Joonmyun suggested, smiling widely.

“Sure!” we all agreed.

EXO-K started off. Then it was EXO-M. Each member spoke very specifically and each message was heartfelt. Sehun’s face was really red, but I could tell that he was really touched. I love this, how close we all are, and how we truly love each other. It’s difficult to be apart, but really, we’re still together. We are one.

All the other members finished speaking. I guess they saved me for last. I swear, the other guys ship HunHan too. Especially Chanyeol, that kid.

Sehun looked down. “Yah, Sehun-ah, look at me when I’m speaking to you,” I said jokingly. His head jerked up sharply, and then he rubbed the back of his head in pain.

“Owww, that hurt.”

I burst out laughing. His awkwardness was just too cute. After I calmed down, I began speaking.

“Sehun-ah, first of all, happy birthday! Since you’re older, maybe I won’t have to take care of you as much, but I think I probably still will, you little maknae.” I saw Sehun stick out his tongue, but I continued, smiling. “I wish you good luck in this coming year, and I want to make sure you’re happy. And talk more, okay? Let everyone see your wonderful personality, the personality that made me fall for you. Otherwise, how do you think I could put up with you all the time?” I teased. He snorted, but didn’t interrupt. “I guess what I mean to say is, Sehun-ah, you’re my best friend. I don’t know what I’d do without you. I love you~” I made a heart with my hands.

Sehun looked down shyly, while the other members clapped and cheered. We talked some more, but soon we had to hang up (although very reluctantly) because it was late and we both had busy schedules the next day.

I wish I could be there with you on your birthday. I hope this was enough.

 

---

 

Sorry guys, hope this is enough for you too T_T It was pretty short gah... And I'm not sure if I can update tomorrow,

nearly four hours of orchestra rehearsal straight (as per usual for my Mondays ><)

I'll try to keep this A/N's shorter... They've been really long lately filled with my excuses and apologies :P

QUOTES: Directly from a post on tumblr: "Tao said that sometimes Lay is really a blur,

when he talks to him sometimes it takes really long for Lay to respond"

From my understanding of a Chinese translation of an audio recording of Tao and Luhan's birthday party,

the EXO members confessed that they had already said a lot in their video message on Luhan's birthday.

From a fan account of Tao's birthday party, she said that the EXO members like to call Luhan "Lu-honey."

From my understanding of a Chinese translation of an audio recording of Tao and Luhan's birthday party,

Chanyeol was chanting "SeLu" when it was Sehun's turn to give his birthday wish to Luhan.

(basically confirming that he ships them xD)

From my understanding of a Chinese translation of an audio recording of Tao and Luhan's birthday party,

Sehun said "I love you" to Luhan. (so it's not unnatural for them to say it)