Chapter 9 - Before the Showcase

Behind the Scenes

Sehun POV



Before I knew it, a few months had passed and we were backstage getting ready for our showcase. My heart was thumping loudly in my chest, and I was afraid Luhan, standing beside me, could hear it. I looked over at him nervously. He met my eyes and gave me an encouraging smile. I smiled timidly back.

“EXO!” I heard the photographer yell. “Gather together for a group picture!” Everyone came together. “Some people sit down in the front!” He ordered.

Jongdae, Minseok, Yixing, and Kyungsoo sat down and the rest of us stood behind them. I stuck to Luhan’s side and thankfully the photographer didn’t make me move. I think he knew about the HunHan shipping because he looked pleased when Luhan put his hand around my back and on my shoulder, although I think Jongin blocked it from view. I noticed Zitao keeping his stance next to Kris and grinned. Luhan had told me people shipped them too. I made a fist along with everyone else and the camera clicked a few times.

“Good, good! Now let’s take two separate pictures of EXO-M and EXO-K!” I frowned that he was making me and Luhan split up. I needed him by my side or else I thought I would have a nervous breakdown. Thankfully, Baekhyun pulled me over behind him, and we gathered in a semi-circle and put our hands in the middle. Finishing our picture, I saw EXO-M do the same. Then I noticed that Minseok ran off somewhere. [EDIT: Xiumin actually is in the picture! You just can't see his face... But his arm is there, between Baekhyun and Chen^^]

“Where did Minseok go?” I asked, catching up to Luhan.

Luhan shrugged. “He muttered something about the bathroom, but I’m pretty sure he’s getting something to eat. He eats when he’s nervous,” he added, grinning.

I smiled too, knowingly. Suddenly, the photographer, probably noting the success of our separate photos with hands in the center, called us together to take a group photo.

“What about Minseok?” Luhan worried.

“We can’t afford to wait. You’ll be on stage in a few minutes!” We reluctantly gathered in a circle without the cute steamed bun. I stayed next to Luhan again, but the photographer split up Kris and Zitao, pushing in between them to take the shot. Zitao put his hand in, and then Kris on top, fitting his tall height more comfortably.

We were all looking at our hands in the center when the photographer snapped the photo.

As the photographer looked down to check his camera, we heard a yell.

“EXO! ON STAGE IN 5!”

I jumped. Luhan, next to me, put his hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me. I noticed Minseok join us again, and we huddled up for real, not for the camera. This was it. We were finally performing for an audience together, as one.

 

---

I AM SOOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING YESTERDAY AND FOR THIS 

REALLY SHORT, LAME CHAPTER TODAY. PLEASE FORGIVE MEEEE T_T

I've been getting an average of 5 hours of sleep every school night for over a week now,

and it's really starting to hit me. Hard. And I have a tonnn of tests this week. It's going to be the death of me.

I've also had 3 hours of orchestra practice today and yesterday (each) and it took up a lottt of time. :P

I know, I know, I have so many excuses. .__. But please bear with me! 

I promise I'll try to put up a double update tomorrow for you guys!

Speaking of my lovely subs, I'd like to thank @Yworld for commenting after each of my updates--

you're too kind<3 (Sorry I didn't respond directly to them, but reading them makes me smile

and I'm happy that you like how cute they are^^)

See you guys tomorrow~

QUOTES: In the Beijing Showcase, Luhan said that Xiumin's nickname was "Golden (Steamed) Bun"

because he has a cute round face and likes to eat steamed buns.

In a live interview, Kris said that there is no real order of how they put their hands together for their cheer,

but he normally likes to put his on top because it suits his height.