Chapter 8 - "History" MV (EXO-M)

Behind the Scenes

Luhan POV



Chanyeol hit the lights again. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone coming toward us in the darkness. Squinting, I recognized Jongin. However, he hadn’t come over for me.

“Sehun, you must be getting sleepy. Take this,” he said in his normal, tired voice, extending his arm. There was a cup in his hand, and I distinctively smelled coffee. I scrunched my nose in displeasure.

“Thanks, Jongin!” Sehun said cheerfully, taking the cup.

“Sehun-ah, what did I say about drinking coffee?” I scolded. “You don’t need that kind of energy boost. And it doesn’t do good stuff for you body.”

“Oh just let him drink it,” Jongin said exasperatedly. “Think of it as a reward for our success in ‘History.’”

I frowned but didn’t continue to argue, crossing my arms over my chest. Sehun cradled the cup happily in his hands, taking a big sip. Jongin returned to his seat and I turned my attention back to the music video.

I had missed the beginning and started paying attention right when the first verse began. There I was, singing. The other members whistled and cheered. I blushed and lowered my head. Sehun slapped my arm playfully.

Then Zitao came on, and I heard Kris cheer. Jongdae was next, his clear voice amplified from the speakers. The chorus came and when our dance clip showed, Sehun squealed and patted my leg excitedly.

“Hyung! There you are, dancing in the front!”

“Shh, Sehun. Yes, it’s me,” I said, embarrassed.

Thankfully, the chorus ended and Jongdae started singing again. Then Yixing, and we all cheered for him. He was probably one of the people who had worked hardest to get to this point, and we were all happy for him that he could finally debut. Then my singing lines. I felt my face heating up, seeing myself on screen. Thankfully, it was quickly over.

Sehun had begun bouncing in his seat like a little kid. Aw, cute little maknae. But I knew it was from the coffee. I had tried weaning him off of it and he had gotten a lot better. I knew Jongin meant well, but Sehun would probably be better off without it. I bit my lip. Stop worrying, I told myself. You ARE like a mother.

I focused back on the TV and saw that the bridge had come around, and I was singing while the other members danced around me in a circle. The other members were cheering. Sehun was bouncing even more animatedly next to me, and he even grabbed my hand. I smiled but tried to focus on my singing to see how it turned out. Then Jongdae’s flawless lines came on.

I tensed as I heard myself singing again, but clapped along with everyone else as EXO-K’s members appeared on the screen. At Sehun’s image, I patted his leg.

As Kris’s rap started, we all cheered again. After Tao finished up their part, I heard them high five. We all watched as the video wrapped up. When it was done, we all burst into applause and cheers. I was glad we could all be so supportive of each other. Our hard days of training brought us together, and now we would never be inseparable.

I turned to Sehun and saw that he was bubbling with excitement.

“HYUNG!” He burst out. “THAT WAS AMAZING!! YOUR SINGING AND DANCING... DAEBAK!!”

I laughed and slung my shoulder around him. “Calm down, Sehunnie. I think the coffee’s getting to you. You really shouldn’t drink it anymore,” I told him with a stern face.

“But, Jongin drinks it all the time,” he whined.

“Jongin gets really tired if he doesn’t. You’ve seen him without his coffee--rubbing his eyes every few seconds. You don’t need it to have energy.” I patted his back affectionately.

Sehun pouted. “Fine.”

I gave him a warm smile, and his eyes softened.

“Let’s get to sleep now, guys!” Joonmyun ordered. “We need to wake up bright and early for training tomorrow!”

Everyone groaned but obeyed. One by one, the members stood up and filtered out of the room.

“Come on, dongsaeng,” I said, taking Sehun’s arm.

“But I’m not tired!” he complained, still bouncing.

“Of course not, with all that coffee you had,” I teased.

“Hyung, can’t you stay up with me for a while?” He looked at me with pleading eyes. Darn it, Sehun, why did you have to use those eyes on me? I can’t say no...

“Alright, alright.” Sehun’s face lit up like a little kid on Christmas. Precious.

“Yay! Thanks, hyung~” He dragged me to the kitchen.

“I’m hungry,” he announced.

“I’m sure there are some chips in the pantry. Yixing probably won’t mind if you have some,” I said.

“No, I want … kimchi!”

“Kimchi?” I shook my head in disbelief. “Sehun, it’s like midnight!”

“Please make it for me?” he begged with puppy dog eyes.

“...Fine.” Sehun clapped his hands happily. I smiled.

Tying an apron around myself, I began taking out the ingredients. Thank goodness Kris kept some basic groceries in the fridge so we can cook, although he mostly made ramen.

I cooked as quickly as I could because Sehun looked ravenous. Finally, I finished and presented him with my kimchi. It wasn’t very good to be honest. My fried rice was better. But he asked for kimchi...

“Yay! Thanks, hyung!!” Sehun squealed happily, picking up his chopsticks and scarfing it down immediately.

“Slow down, slow down!” I laughed. “You’ll get a stomachache!”

“It tastes good,” he said, mouth full of food.

“Don’t talk with your mouth full,” I chided mildly. Sehun stuck his tongue out at me with his cheeks puffed out, full of food. Too cute.

He swallowed and shoveled the rest of the kimchi into his mouth. With a small burp, he let out a sigh of content.

“Satisfied?” I asked, grinning.

“Yes.” He smiled sheepishly. Then he yawned. Was the coffee wearing off already?

“Hyung, I’m tired now...” Suddenly, his head dropped onto the wooden table.

“Yah, what are you doing??” I demanded, shocked.

No response.

“Sehun?”

He continued to sit there with his head on the table. His body was motionless.

“Are you...asleep??” I heard a light snore. Oh gosh, he really fell asleep. I laughed out loud. How could this kid be so energetic one second and just crash the next?

Shaking my head, I made a spur of the moment decision. I positioned him and lifted him on my back, giving him a piggy-back ride. Grunting under his weight, I put his arms around me and held onto his legs so he wouldn’t fall off. I made my way to his room. Kyungsoo looked at me with wide eyes.

“He fell asleep,” I explained. Putting him down on the bed, I pulled up the blankets around him. Aw, his face was so calm when he was sleeping.

“Goodnight, Sehunnie. Sleep well.”

 

---

Sorry for the long chapter... .__. I hope you enjoyed hyper Sehun lol,

I'd actually really like to see him like that in real life xD And Luhan cooking...^^ 

I wasn't sure what to use for the main image, so I just combined sleepy Kai and Sehun posing in bed lol

Thanks again for the subs and comments~ If you'd like to talk to me, post on my wall and I'll def respond!(:

LINK TO MV: http://youtu.be/i1xFTx8alMU

QUOTES: In a live interview of EXO-M, everyone agreed that Lay probably eats the most snacks.

Also, Tao said that Kris takes care of them by making dinner for them, for example.

However, he said the cooking isn't always that great, and he usually makes ramen. (xD)

In the Beijing Showcase, Luhan said that Sehun is very lively, although not to the point of being hyperactive.

[however, with coffee maybe...loljk]