Chapter 5 - W Live Photoshoot (con't)

Behind the Scenes

Sehun POV
 

We had been sitting on a couch, talking for maybe ten minutes when Luhan suddenly raised his head and looked around. Finding his backpack, he rummaged through it and finally pulled out his Rubik's cube.

"Ah, this again?" I asked playfully. "I see you take it out whenever you're alone. But you're with me right now, so why did you take it out?"

"To show off," he replied bluntly. Then he gave me his winning smile. My will to argue melted like ice cubes in the warm rays of the sun.

"Would you stop doing that," I complained.

"Stop doing what?" he asked, wide-eyed.

"Forget it," I muttered.

"Looks like I'll be showing off to a wider audience than I thought," Luhan commented, tilting his head in the direction behind me. I spun around and saw an advancing cameraman. These people were like hawks-- whenever they saw something interesting, they came right over to film it.

I sighed. "Well, I'll be sure to make it harder on you, then." I gave him an evil grin, but he just laughed.

"You're cute when you do that," he told me, still laughing.

"It wasn’t meant to be cute!" I protested, but by then the cameraman had come over.

"Luhan, are you going to solve that Rubik's cube?" he asked us curiously.

"Yes," Luhan replied. "Here, Sehun, mix it up for me."

I took his battered, worn-out cube and started twisting it in random directions.

"How fast can you solve this?" I asked him.

"Well..." Luhan hesitated for a moment and looked down.

"Hyung, within one minute?" I suggested.

"Ah, one minute? That's... I can't, I can't..." He suddenly became less confident on camera.

"One minute and thirty seconds?" I lengthened the time slightly.

"No, I can't do it in one minute and thirty seconds," Luhan stated.

"Two minutes?" I pressed.

This time, Luhan looked relieved. "Ah, two minutes, two minutes, yes."

"Okay!" I said cheerily. "Two minutes. He's going to do it within two minutes, everyone!"

Finishing my mixing up of the Rubik's cube, I handed it to him and said, "Here."

He looked at it, not sure what to do at first, but then took on a determined expression. "When does it start?" he asked.

"Right now, right now," I told him. "Right now... Start!" I slapped my leg with my hand to show that he should begin.

Immediately, he began twisting it quickly. "Ah, I'm very nervous," he confessed, eyes focused on the cube.

We both concentrated on the cube until he struggled with it for a second and said, "Ah, this isn't turning very well."

I laughed and he smiled. "You're just making excuses," I teased.

"Ah, why are you like this..." he teased back, embarrassed.

We turned our attention back to the cube and fell into silence again. He suddenly made some nice moves, so I said, "Good, good, good." Right after that, he spun it really quickly like an expert a few times, so I exclaimed, "Whoa, whoa!"

Then Jongin came over. He must have finished his photo shoot with Taemin. I didn't pay much attention to him though, because I was focusing on Luhan's Rubik's cube.

"You're just doing it randomly," I heard Jongin say.

"That's not it! Ah..." Luhan denied defiantly.

"One minute has passed," I announced.

After a few seconds, Luhan went into ultra-concentration mode. I knew this because he totally zoned out of everything around him and was even murmuring to himself silently while spinning the cube rapidly.

"It's coming out," I encouraged, placing my hand on his arm.

He smiled and focused again.

A little bit later, I asked, "Ten seconds left?" Then I smiled.

Luhan was finishing up, making a few final quick turns, and then he finished with each side all the same color.

"Wow," Jongin and I said at the same time, awed. I started clapping.

"Do you want me to do it again?" Luhan asked with a serious expression. "Very fast, right?" he continued, smiling slightly. He patted my leg with his hand.

"Yes," I agreed. "You did very well."

Luhan interjected with a "Psh..." and handed me the cube.

"A round of applause," I added, clapping again with the Rubik's cube in one hand.

"Don't break it," Luhan scolded mildly. "That's my baby you're clapping with."

I burst into laughter. The cameraman smiled too and lowered his camera. We all stood up and bowed, and he walked away.

"Your baby..." I repeated, shaking my head. "Precious."

Jongin got up and walked over to put down his empty glass, and I moved over to sit down on Luhan's right side.

"Ah, finally. No more cameras..." I began, but then Luhan tapped me on the shoulder and pointed. I looked to see what it was and saw Taemin coming this way, holding a portable camcorder. I sighed.

"Oh!" Taemin exclaimed. "It's this year's most anticipated new group: EXO!" He turned the camera to us and we waved.

I stuck out my tongue a little bit. We won't ever be alone, will we? I thought to myself. Especially not after we debut. And for that, Luhan and I will have to be separated. Oh why does EXO have to be split?

 

---

 

The video for this chapter has to be one of my favs for HunHan<3 Luhan with his Rubik's cube... Precious^^

LINK TO VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC-a4ZwEmwQ

(CREDIT) LINK TO ENGLISH SUB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqHyRsO2WeE

Thank you guys so much for subscribing and supporting~!(:

 

Gah, I've been staying up so late for EXO-M's live interviews (thank goodness I'm Chinese and can understand

what they're saying xD) and I feel so empty right now because there's no interview tonight... T_T

P.S. DID YOU GUYS SEE LUHAN'S BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR SEHUN??? GAHHHHHHHHHH