Chapter 14 - Airport

Behind the Scenes

Sehun POV
 

As we rode in our vans to the airport, I felt really tired. The adrenaline definitely wore off. I sighed. I was riding in EXO-K’s van. Why did we have to split up, even for this?

When we got to the airport, I saw EXO-M get out of the black van in front of us first. Then when we stopped, I jumped out and walked over to Luhan immediately. Our managers had told us to pick a partner so we could keep track of each other and not get lost easily. Luhan and I had automatically chosen each other, of course.

Reaching Luhan, I saw him smile and wave. I waved back, grinning. I suddenly wasn’t so tired anymore.

“Hyung, ready to go?” I asked, bouncing a little.

He laughed at my excitement. “Ready to see Beijing?” he asked.

“Yes!” I answered happily. “I want to see your hometown!” He smiled at me.

We waited for the other members to gather around, and then we started walking. I noticed fans taking videos and pictures with their phones and cameras. I was surprised that our fans were already at airports and felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude that made me shy.

We waited to cross the street. The other members were still behind us. Luhan reached his hand over toward me and picked a piece of lint off of my jacket. I smiled in thanks. He smiled back. I slid my arm through his. He didn’t say a word, but looked at me and smiled. I saw Zitao looking at our linked arms, and then he glanced up at us and smirked.

“You guys are good at fanservice,” he commented playfully.

“You’re doing well with Kris too,” Luhan responded, eyes twinkling. I whistled and Zitao’s cheeks reddened.

“It’s not just fanservice...” he mumbled, voice getting slightly whiny.

“Ours isn’t either,” Luhan told him. Then he patted Zitao on the back. Zitao seemed to forgive him and gave his crooked smile, but he still looked gloomy.

We crossed the street and headed into the airport. Entering the airport, fangirls greeted us. Or rather, they screamed at us and pushed to see us. I was grateful for their support, but I felt kind of scared too. At least this will be a quick flight, I thought.


⁓⁓⁓


On the plane, Luhan fought to stay awake. His eyes were fluttering closed every few seconds.

“Just sleep,” I urged.

But he shook his head. “No, if I sleep, I won’t want to get up. And we’ll be landing soon anyway.” I sighed and decided not to force him.

When the flight attendant came around, he ordered coffee. I was shocked. Was this the same guy that had scolded me for drinking coffee?

“Hyung! I thought you said coffee was bad for you!” I accused.

“Well, I’m not really growing anymore anyway. And I need this coffee to stay awake,” he replied, looking slightly guilty.

“I’m not that young! I’m not really growing either,” I huffed.

He snorted and took a sip. I let out a “hmph” and crossed my arms over my chest, glaring at the Sprite I had ordered instead.

“Oh don’t pout. You can have some if you want.” He looked at me with wide eyes, which made me forgive him immediately. I groaned; I hadn’t wanted to forgive him yet. But those eyes...

“Fine,” I snapped, taking the cup. He laughed at my annoyed expression.

I took a big swig of the coffee, savoring the taste. Luhan looked at me displeased, but I ignored him. He offered it...


⁓⁓⁓


After our plane landed, we grabbed our luggage and made our way off the plane. As we began walking, fans surrounded us. My throat tightened, fearing my own safety and my hyung’s as well. I hoped our Chinese fans were nice. I believed them to be so. Luhan, seeing my nervousness, grabbed my hand. I looked at him, surprised, but he just smiled.

“What? We do it all the time,” he said nonchalantly.

I opened my mouth a little in surprise, but then snorted.

“So it’s not for the shippers?” I teased.

“Well, I guess that too. But I really meant to do it for you,” he replied honestly.

My heart swelled. “Thanks, hyung,” I whispered.

“No problem.” He beamed at me.

As we walked through the airport, I didn’t want to let go of his hand, ever. But after a little while, Luhan loosened his grip. I looked at him, and he was looking away. Is he...embarrassed?? To hold my hand??

I grabbed his hand again. But he pulled away gently. I pouted, reaching for his arm and sliding my hand down into his. He looked at me and got the message. Don’t let go.

However, I was pulled away for a second. Luhan immediately caught up to me and grabbed my upper arm to get my attention. I turned to him. He was looking at me, confused, expression asking: I thought you wanted us to keep holding hands?

I grabbed his arm and slid my hand down into his again. I heard Kris snort behind us. I glanced back and saw him smirking gleefully. First Zitao, now Kris too...? Yixing was also looking at us. At least Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn't comment, but they were preoccupied with their phones. I brushed it off and turned forward again. Luhan was still turned around slightly. I pulled his arm, and he turned back.

Then, I heard our managers shout something. I turned around. Luhan probably hadn’t heard him and was still facing forward, holding my hand at his stomach.

“EXO! LET’S TAKE A PICTURE OVER HERE IN FRONT OF THESE WINDOWS!” our managers yelled.

I sighed. More pictures. We walked over anyway, struggling through the throng of people. Most of the other members were already there, waiting. Luhan and I joined at the very right side of the group, holding up our passports with our tickets stuck inside. Luhan had his arm around my shoulder.

After the picture was taken, the photographer began snapping pictures of us separately. He came over to Luhan and me, so we put our arms around each other’s shoulders, and I flashed a peace sign while Luhan showed his passport again. I was kind of annoyed at the pictures, so I think I might’ve glared at the camera. Luhan was probably as baby-faced and cute as ever. That lucky guy, so photogenic.

The photographer stopped taking photos and we made our way into the crowd of people again. Luhan had kept his arm around my shoulder but now tightened it to hold me around the neck protectively. At one point, he even put his other arm across my chest as we pushed forward. With Luhan protecting me, I felt safe.

No one can harm me when you’re around...


⁓⁓⁓


We finally got out of the airport and boarded our vans. This time, they didn’t make EXO-K and EXO-M split up. Yay! I followed Luhan onto one of them. We had gone in first, so we had to climb onto the back row. Minseok followed us in and sat beside us. Luhan was in the middle.

I heard Luhan yawn beside me and looked at him just in time to see his mouth opened wide. So cute.

“Sleep on my shoulder,” I suggested. Or maybe it was a command.

Luhan obliged, putting his head down on my shoulder. However fans, seeing it from the window (darn you Minseok, why didn’t you block it), started screaming extremely loudly in response. Luhan jerked his head up, embarrassed. I sighed. He really did need to sleep.

His eyes fluttered shut again and he instinctively leaned down to put his head on my shoulder, but then his eyes flew open and he lifted his head again. I looked at him, concerned. He managed to keep his eyes open, but I could tell he was spacing out.

“Don’t strain yourself,” I said to him quietly.

He gave me a weak smile. “I’ll be fine,” he insisted.

I shook my head. You’re not the only one who worries.

 

---

SO SORRY I COULDN'T DO A DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY T_T I hope this longer chapter makes up for it ><

And again, SO SORRY I COULDN'T UPDATE YESTERDAY): Argh, stupid busy schedule.

Hope you like this chapter! I was so excited to write about this teehee. They're just TOO cute.

I hope you liked alllll the pictures. That was everything I found from the airport, basically. ^^

Yay, GIFs!<3

^At the Beijing Airport(:

EDIT: OMG I REACHED 50 SUBS, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH~<3

 

LINK TO VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBBPFGZG3Yw

QUOTES: In an online interview of EXO-M, Luhan said that his hometown is Beijing. 

FAN ACCOUNTS:

“They walked hand in hand. They never relaxed hold when they were waiting for Kai. Kai was assisted by D.O. and staff, they walked slowly. During this time, Lu Han began to dance, the photos I took full of his reflection. Others just stayed where they were. After everybody was there, Se Hun hooked on to Lu Han’s arm and Kris laughed at them. Baek Hyun and Chan Yeol were playing with their phone all… the time. I don’t know whether they photographed each other or just took photos of the airport. Kai and D.O. laughed joyfully. Tao seemed in low spirits.”

“As they were walking, Luhan would let go of Sehun’s hand, but Sehun would try to reach for Luhan’s hand again. If he couldn’t grab Luhan’s hand, Sehun would grab Luhan’s sleeve instead and slowly follow his arm down until he reached Luhan’s hand.”

“Luhan and Sehun were sit side by side in the van and because Luhan was tired, he put his head on Sehun's shoulder. Outside, the fans screamed loud so Luhan, embarrassed, withdrew his head from Sehun's shoulder.”