Chapter 13 - Showcase (Part 4)

Behind the Scenes

Luhan POV

 


As we walked backstage to prepare for “Angel,” I caught up to Sehun and grabbed him from behind in a headlock. He struggled against my grip.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” he demanded, voice muffled due to my arm under his chin.

“I won’t let go until you do ‘buing buing’ for real.” I grinned evily.

Sehun groaned. “Please don’t make me, hyung,” he whimpered. I tried my best to ignore the urge to just let him go.

“No, I know you can do it. You were just embarrassed on stage, so now the fans probably think you can’t do aegyo, but I know better than that.” My eyes gleamed. This kid used plenty of aegyo at home, around me at least. I wasn’t sure if he used it on the others.

“Come on, Luhan, we need to get ready for ‘Angel’!” he complained, finding an excuse.

Right on cue, our managers shouted, “EXO! GET READY!!”

I sighed and let him go. “Fine, but you’re doing it after the showcase, whether you like it or not,” I warned.

Sehun also sighed in defeat. “Alright, alright.” I smiled widely. He laughed at my happiness.

“Do you want to see it that badly?” he asked, amused.

“Of course,” I replied with a straight face. “I want to see my maknae’s aegyo.”

He did a double take at my serious expression and stammered, “A-ah, o-okay...”

I chuckled at his reaction. “Go get ready,” I told him, patting his shoulder. He nodded and left.

Soon enough, EXO-K was on stage for “Angel,” and EXO-M joined them later. Everything went smoothly. I caught Sehun dancing well out of the corner of my eye, but tried to focus.

The song ended and we went backstage to prepare for our last song and title song -- “MAMA.” Leeteuk took up some time for us while we wiped sweat, drank more water, and got changed hurriedly. I barely had enough time to pat Sehun on the back and give him a few words of encouragement before we were whisked out of the room to get ready to go on stage.

This was it.

Here is the title song of EXO!!” Leeteuk ran off stage and EXO-K started to go on stage in the darkness. The members of EXO-M patted their backs as they headed out. Hearing the intro music, my heart started pumping rapidly.

I glanced at the playback TV screen of our intro video and saw Sehun standing on the clock -- Twelve hours. Twelve members. The first teaser that showed all of EXO together.

I continued watching as the video highlighted our teasers. I felt my throat choke up as I realized how hard we’ve been working over the past year. And today was our hundredth day since the release of our first teaser. So much time has passed already, and yet this is only the beginning.

“EXO-M, GET TO YOUR PLACES TO PREPARE!” our manager shouted, taking precaution so we would not miss our cue. Thankfully, I would be entering from the left side of the stage so I didn’t need to walk all the way around again. Kris, Zitao, and Yixing left to go to the other side.

I turned my eyes back to the screen to see that the intro was ending. Suddenly, the screen burst into flames -- electronic ones, that is. And I heard our strong chant in the beginning of the song start.

Careless, careless, shoot anonymous, anonymous...”

I watched the screen closely, eyes only on Sehun. He was doing really well. All too quickly, our manager reminded us to get ready to go out on stage because we would be entering soon. I gulped. Get into the attitude you need for the stage, I commanded myself. Then I waited.

“...Saranghaji anheulkka...” That was our cue to prepare to go on stage.

I reluctantly tore myself away from the TV screen and lined up with Jongdae and Minseok.

“...Apeun hyeonsire dasi nunmuri heulleo...” Now! After this line, we started making our way on stage to the center.

“...Bakkul su itdago bakkumyeon doendago malhaeyo MAMA, MAMA...” Now we were on stage and EXO-K was leaving. Sehun passed in front of me, and I sent him a silent word of praise. He gave no sign, but I think he heard me in his mind.

Thankfully at this part of the song, I had no lines, so I could focus on my dancing. At the chorus, the other members danced around me in a circle until we moved to our positions again, me still in the center.

...Gao su wo MAMA, MAMA.” I saw the EXO-K members come back onstage. Now it was time for the dance break. I took a deep breath. Concentrating, I went through the motions, trying my best not to look at Sehun dancing next to me.

Turn back.” I tried not to let Sehun’s voice distract me.

Zitao did his amazing wushu flip and soon afterwards, Kai was doing his screamo. Then the fast feet dance. I tried not to trip. Curse these shoes. Thankfully, that part ended and we moved onto the bridge. I took my place at the corner on the right in the front.

For the last chorus, EXO-M faced EXO-K and danced as if in a dance battle. I thought this part was so cool, and I did my best. However, by now fatigue was starting to overwhelm me. I pushed on and made it to the end of the song. As it ended, I could hear Jongin’s heavy breaths behind me and knew he was worn out too. The lights faded out and we walked off stage quickly and quietly.

Backstage, we erupted again.

“YES!!”

“WE DID IT!”

“CONGRATS, EVERYONE!!!”

We were slapping each others’ backs, hugging each other, laughing. The helpers came over to us and began mopping our sweat. Taking some gulps of water, I caught Sehun’s eye and gave him a thumbs up. He smiled. Now we only have our closing left.

After a minute or two of cooling down, we lined up and Zitao led us out on stage, looking kind of nervous.

Sehun was behind me in the line, but he walked quickly to stand by me.

“Sehun, what are you doing?” I whispered, taking his arm to stop him from coming any closer. “I’m sorry, but you need to stay in your spot!”

Sehun pouted. My heart lurched. Aw, I wish you could stand by me dongsaeng, but SM put you far away.

“Fine.” Sighing, he walked back to his place. I smiled slightly but quickly regained my composure.

Standing on my spot, I looked down and flipped my hair a bunch of times until it was out of my eyes and felt right. Then I stood up straight. I also fixed my shirt nervously a few times.

Joonmyun voiced all of our feelings of gratitude as a closing and we all bowed, although at different times. It made me smile. Then we exited the stage. I could hear people calling my name. In my head, I blew them all kisses. Thank you.

 

---

Whew, done the Seoul Showcase! :D On to Beijing...and the airport^^

Hopefully that will make up for my lack of HunHan action in this chapter><

This was a chapter of Luhan because his birthday was yesterday(: Oh did you guys see the

newly uploaded YinYueTai interview? Omg so good, I learned a lot of new stuff from it!

(...that I shall be using in my fanfic teehee. I can't wait to get to the interviews... ;D)

And I saw on tumblr something about SM officially announcing HunHan as a ship?

PLEASE TELL ME IT'S TRUEEEEEEEEEEEEE<3

Oh and I may not update tomorrow... Busy all day with back-to-back events D:

Please forgive me!! I'll try to do a double update the day after tomorrow... .__.

Thanks for the support~!

LINK TO VIDEO: http://youtu.be/umzMkXK4yIY