Chapter 12 - Showcase (Parts 2 and 3)

Behind the Scenes

Luhan POV

 


Jongdae and I sang our souls out in “Baby, Don’t Cry” which had to be one of my favorite songs. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo followed up with “What Is Love.” Then, I heard Chanyeol and Kris rap to “Two Moons.”

“Ayo whaddup, Krees?”

“Ayo wassuup?”

I started laughing. Kris wasn’t going to live this one down.

Jongin and Yixing danced perfectly to their rapping. Afterwards, a clip of some teasers played again as we got changed. Jongin and Sehun were up next for their dance of “Run and Gun.”

Before Sehun left to take his place on stage, I gave his shoulder a reassuring squeeze. He smiled weakly at me and then took on a serious face as he stepped out to get to his position.

I watched the TV intently, monitoring his moves. He was good. Really good.

“LUHAN! GET READY! YOU’RE UP NEXT!” our manager reminded me.

I jumped but lingered in front of the TV, wanting to watch all of Sehun’s performance.

“GO TO YOUR POSITION, NOW!”

I sighed and, stealing a final quick glance at the screen, walked to my position.

As “Run and Gun” ended, I went on stage for “Time Control.” My body reacted to the song naturally, and I enjoyed the dance. I wonder if Sehun is watching me.

When I walked offstage after our dance had finished, I looked around, trying to spot Sehun. Where could this kid be?

AHHH! I felt someone jump on top of me and land on my back.

“Oof!” I grunted, bending forward. The person wrapped his arms around me tightly so I couldn’t shake him off.

“Hyung! Good job in ‘Time Control!’” I knew that voice. It was...

“Sehun?? What are you doing on my back?” I exclaimed.

“Congratulating you!” he responded cheerfully.

“Ugh,” I grunted again. “You’re not exactly light, Cinderella.”

“Hmph.” Sehun slid off my back.

“Don’t expect me to give you piggy-back rides all the time!” I warned.

“Sure, sure.” Sehun waved his hand dismissively. I smiled.

“Ready for the interview?” I asked, eyes twinkling.

Sehun groaned. I laughed.

“Just have fun and be yourself,” I encouraged. “Let’s get ready to go on stage!”



Sehun POV



The interview was going well until Baekhyun decided to step up and answer a question. And he had to use me as an example.

Leeteuk had relayed the question, “What is the most fun experience while staying together and who is the most humorous member of EXO?”

When Baekhyun began talking, I had to stop myself from facepalming, because I could guess what was coming next. I still prayed for him not to say it though.

Please don’t talk about the commercial practicing, please don’t talk about the commercial practicing

Baekhyun continued. “...Let me tell you an episode. After the practice, Sehun and I shower together...”

I turned away in my seat, but turned back because I was on camera. I shifted in my seat awkwardly. He’s going to talk about the commercial practicing.

“...After making our debut, we may have chances to film a commercial etc. so after taking a shower, we practice posing in front of the mirror.” I dropped my head in despair. He said it.

If that wasn’t bad enough, Baekhyun added, “Can I show you?” I turned in my chair again and bent over and back up, embarrassed and laughing. To Baekhyun’s credit, he actually proceeded to imitate how we “practice” in the mirror. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. He’s got guts.

Leeteuk asked if he was the funniest member.

“Yes,” Baekhyun agreed. “I think Chanyeol, Sehun, and I are the most humorous members in EXO.” Joonmyun also agreed.

I felt my face heating up. I caught Luhan’s eye and saw him wink at me. I blushed even harder. Why must I be so shy on camera?

I composed myself as the next question was asked. Thankfully, Kris answered.

The next question interested me. “Which member has the most different personality from the first impression?”

Joonmyun answered, talking about Zitao. I agreed with him; Zitao was so fierce at first, but he was really sweet and had a ton of aegyo. He actually fit the maknae role well. Me? ...Not so much. Yet I was even younger than him...

Focusing on the questions again, we eventually talked about any members we wanted to get closer to because of their appearance. After Baekhyun talked about Kris, Leeteuk asked Joonmyun.

“I...” Joonmyun began. “...had a crush on Luhan from EXO-M...”

Hearing this, I scoffed and looked down. Psh. What does he mean he “had a crush on Luhan”? Not for real, right? RIGHT??

“I love you~”

Wait. Did I just hear Luhan tell Joonmyun “I love you”??? WHAT IS THIS??

“...at first sight.” Joonmyun added.

I snorted. Whatever. Thankfully, Leeteuk asked Jongin next.

“With Sehun...” Jongin began.

Wait. Jongin is talking about ME? I automatically gave an embarrassed smile and looked down shyly.

“...I didn’t know Sehun was handsome three years ago, but then I realized that he got more handsome,” Jongin finished, laughing.

I knew my face was probably bright red, so I kept looking down.

We moved on to the next question. A girl asked which one of us has the most aegyo. Crap. Please don’t let me be chosen just because I’m the maknae...

Thankfully, Joonmyun chose Zitao. I let out a sigh of relief.

“Sehun, the maknae of EXO-K, also has much aegyo,” Baekhyun cut in.

WHY, BAEKHYUN, WHY?? WHY MUST YOU EMBARRASS ME SO MUCH??

Leeteuk sprang on Zitao first, asking him to show his aegyo. He did his signature “buing buing.” He seemed really embarrassed afterwards, though he does it pretty naturally for Kris. However, I was watching Leeteuk make his way toward me.

“Where are you, Sehun?” Leeteuk asked, walking over.

I buried my face in my hand, embarrassed but smiling.

He asked me if I was the maknae, and I responded that I was.

“The youngest is born to have much aegyo!”

Not me... I thought.

“Tao showed us such beautiful aegyo. Are you ready to show us?”

I looked up at him, “Yes, just a little...” I responded hesitatingly. I touched my hand to my face, really embarrassed.

“Good!” Leeteuk continued. “Female fans are very much looking forward to you.”

I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Chanyeol was looking pretty excited to. You and Baekhyun are going to get it after the showcase, I vowed.

Leeteuk held a paper to cover my face and began counting down. “3...”

I my lips, nervous.

“2...”

I can’t do this...

“1!”

Leeteuk took the card away and I raised the microphone to my mouth, putting my fist next to my cheek.

“Buing bu--” I laughed before I could finish, bending over until I was resting my elbows on my legs, head completely down. I felt utterly embarrassed. I looked over to see Luhan’s reaction. He was laughing and caught my eye again. His eyes were gleaming.

I’m never going to live this down.

 

---

IT'S LUHAN'S BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY<3 HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUHAN! :D

Anyways... Ayo whaddup reeeeaders? Ayo, wassuuup! xD

I'm happy that I could finally write about Sehun's aegyo^^ Sorry this chapter actually wasn't that long... .__.

I have a few more GIFs to share that go along with this chapter...

^Sehun's jealous reaction to Suho's confession to Luhan xD

^Sehun's (failed) aegyo WHICH IS STILL SO CUTE OMG

Happy birthday (again), Luhan~!

LINKS TO VIDEOS: (PART 2) http://youtu.be/L0ieURL8o6o

(PART 3) http://youtu.be/ri4Z4DcicsE

QUOTES: All quotes were taken from the English subs of the showcase videos.