Chapter 31 - Tao and Luhan's Birthday Party

Behind the Scenes

Sehun POV



After our performance, it was time for Zitao’s birthday party! Well, it was technically also Luhan’s since his birthday passed while EXO-M was still in China and we didn’t get to hold a party for him. I was excited.

When we got to the location, randomly chosen fans were already in the room waiting for us. First, EXO-M walked in and greeted them, while EXO-K waited outside. We were huddled near the closed door, chuckling to ourselves at the fangirl screams. After a little while, one of the coordi noonas gave us the signal that it was time for us to enter, so we gathered together and walked in, holding the cake. The fangirls started screaming.

At the sight of us, Zitao broke down crying. Shhh, maknae, don’t cry. He’s so cute, I thought affectionately. He and Luhan made wishes and blew out the candles.

I was so happy that we were all together again, especially now that I’m with Luhan hyung. Hm...maybe I should grab this opportunity to celebrate while doing some fanservice at the same time, I thought slyly.

Slowly, I made my way to Luhan. He didn’t seem to notice, although Jongin saw me as I edged past him and gave me a smirk. I looked at him with wide, innocent eyes and continued to get closer to Luhan. When I finally reached him, I held my breath as I stood quietly behind him, trying to be as quiet as possible so I could surprise him. Then, I suddenly s my arms around his waist so I was holding him in a back hug. The fans screamed in response when they noticed.

At first, I felt him stiffen in shock. He turned his head around as far as he could to look at me, eyes wide and mouth open. I gave him my innocent look, and he continued gaping at me. I couldn’t help it. I smirked. That pulled him out of his shock and he snorted.

“Fanservice?” he whispered in an amused tone.

“No. I want to feel you in my arms,” I deadpanned.

There was a pause.

Then Luhan broke out into laughter. He doubled over, but I didn’t loosen my grip on him. I felt a smile spread across my face. Kris shot us a look because he had been talking. I looked back at him apologetically. Thankfully, Zitao grabbed his attention so we were saved from a scolding.

“Good one, Sehunnie.” Luhan wiped his eyes.

“Hey, I was telling the truth,” I said, but he heard the smile in my voice.

“Sure, sure.”

A few minutes later, we were all surprised when Amber sunbae came in. She brought cake and wished Zitao and Luhan a Happy Birthday. She cracked some jokes and teased us, and it was all good fun. She and Luhan were close, and I could tell that he was glad she came.

After she left, we each took turns giving Zitao messages for their birthdays. When it was my turn, I decided to speak formally to be more polite since it was his birthday and all.

“Tao-hyung,” I began. But he cut me off.

“‘Hyung’??” he said in a shocked voice. “Don’t you normally speak informally to me??” he demanded in disbelief.

Everyone burst into laughter. Even EXO. I saw Chanyeol doubling over, clapping his hands. I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly as I looked down.

“Tao hyung...we are really close as trainees, really~” I tried to come up with an excuse. But of course, the breakfast couple teased me, as expected.

“‘Hyung’?” they quoted. “Hey, we thought you guys were friends!” The fans laughed again. Despite my annoyance at being teased so much, I had to hold back laughter, although it was creeping into my voice.

“No, no,” I disagreed. “It’s hyung~”

But once again, after a few more words, Baekhyun teased me again, saying, “Looks like they really aren’t close.”

“Really close, really!” I emphasized. “Happy birthday to you, I love you~” I closed the distance between Zitao and me, wrapping the maknae in a hug.

“Thanks,” he whispered in my ear. The fan screams were so loud that I almost didn’t hear it. I smiled to say “You’re welcome.”

After we finished, it was time to give our birthday wishes to Luhan. Joonmyun confessed that we sent a birthday video to Luhan and asked the fans if they wanted to see it. They screamed “yes” in response, but then he just trolled and told them they couldn’t see it lol.

Poor fans. But there are some things that are just a little too personal to share... I felt my ears turn red at the thought of the fans hearing Chanyeol chanting “SeLu.”

Joonmyun started out. “Luhan, didn’t I say before at the showcase? I love you~” Luhan was grinning stupidly and I just scoffed. Hey hey, leader, back off. I don’t want people shipping you guys. Luhan is mine. There are enough fans shipping him with that little bun and the bag of chips because of Luhan’s touchy-ness and all his skinship... I frowned.

After Chanyeol went, Baekhyun told the fans that they looked alike, which the fans denied. I laughed inwardly. People can only say that WE look alike, but nice try, Bacon. Then Kyungsoo went, and after him it was Jongin’s turn.

“Uh... Luhan-hyung~” The fans screamed. At every pause, they would scream. I rolled my eyes. Don’t tell me there are KaiLu shippers here.

“Uh...” Jongin paused again and the fans laughed. “Uh...” he repeated, and the fans laughed again.

Baekhyun cut in. “Pass if you don’t have anything to say,” he said in a flat tone, but his eyes were teasing. THANK YOU. For once, I’m grateful for your teasing.

But Jongin said it was because he already said a lot in the video. The fans must be dying to see it.

“I wanted to tell Luhan hyung...” Jongin began. I glared at him fiercely. He turned his head slightly to me and saw my expression. “...Nevermind.” He backed off. I smiled. “Happy birthday,” he finished.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Now the other members are finished... But then, the fans started cheering “SeLu” ...lead by Chanyeol.

EFFFFFF. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, YOU LITTLE HAPPY VIRUS. I SPECIFICALLY DIDN’T WANT YOU TO CHANT THAT TODAY. I BET YOU TOLD THE GUYS TO SAVE ME FOR LAST ON PURPOSE. YOU’RE GOING TO GET IT-

My murderous thoughts were cut off as Luhan peeked at me shyly. I melted at his glance, and ended up smiling.

“Luhan hyung looks like me, right?” I teased, imitating Baekhyun as I slung my arm across his shoulders. The fans cheered as we doubled over in laughter.

I continued my message. “Luhan hyung, really, happy birthday~! He really is a good older brother, really. Uh...” I paused for a second. Should I say it? ...Sure, why not? I say it all the time anyway. And everyone’s been saying it. And the fans will like it, I thought, giggling inwardly to myself. “...I love you~” The fans whispered among themselves and then everyone started clapping. I looked down shyly, ears turning red.

But then, all too soon, it was time for EXO-K to go. Reluctantly, we left after a final closing. Luhan walked us all the way to the door and gave each of us a hug. I’ll see you afterwards, hyung.

 

---

 

I AM SOOSOSOSOSOSSOOSOSOSOSOSO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING -CRIES A RIVER-

I finally had my orchestra audition today... (It was ehh.) I was restraining myself until it was over. 
I haven't checked tumblr all week. -dies on the inside- I wanted to update before I checked it,

so I shall check it tomorrow (since it's 3am as I'm writing this... so I guess later today? :P)

But anyways, hope you liked my chapter... I'm going to be fastforwarding a lottttttttttt

for my next chapter, hope you guys don't mind? .__. 

Thank you so much for sticking with me<3333 I even gained subs!!! :DD

Which reminds me, an author recommended my fanfic (-cries out of joy-) in his Taoris fanfic

(http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/185867/revenge-exo-exom-luhan-tao-chen-kris-taoris)

so definitely check it out if you ship Taoris, and even if you don't!! I recommend it(:

Ah, I died listening to the birthday party (only audio, sorry ): Link below, with English subs!)

Gah. Hehe, I added Sehun's reactions since I couldn't see them... Jealous Sehun is jealous.

P.S. You won't believe what I saw in Chinatown today...

http://madetofangirl.tumblr.com/post/23850031640/im-pretty-sure-people-were-staring-at-me-like-i

 

QUOTES: Quotes were taken from the English subs of the audio recording of Tao's Birthday Party.

From a fan account of the birthday party, "Sehun's hands were always either on Luhan's shoulders or on his waist."

According to the same fan account:

 

"The last one was Sehun. When Sehun stepped out, Chanyeol immediately began shouting “SeLu, SeLu, SeLu”. Sehun put his arm around Luhan’s shoulders again and said, “Hyung and I really look a like right?” Haha, he’s so funny. You’re also very good looking!

He seemed go have gotten lost himself as he was talking, and then and he Luhan both bent over and started laughing. “Happy birthday Luhan hyung, you’re really a good hyung, I love you.” And then of course they hugged.

When EXO was doing their greeting together, Sehun and Luhan forgot the hand sign. When K left, Luhan walked them all the way to exit and hugged each of them before saying goodbye T_T"

 

LINK TO VIDEO: http://youtu.be/mmL227BJX3g