Chapter 30 - Tao's Birthday

Behind the Scenes

[A/N]: Sorry, I skipped quite a bit of time... maybe it's suiting since I haven't updated in so long >< I wanted to get to the main events!^^

 

Luhan POV

 



“Shh, don’t wake him up!” Jongdae whispered sneakily. “I wanna see the look on his face.” His eyes glinted.

I smiled. Oh Jongdae, everyone in China thinks you’re some shy, sullen guy, but in reality, you’re such a troll...

We all crept up to the room Zitao was sharing with Minseok. Thankfully, we had remembered to let Baozi in on the secret beforehand so he could slip out of the room before we woke him. He was now standing behind us, clinging onto Jongdae’s back.

Suddenly, I heard a buzz. Our heads whipped around to Kris. He looked down guiltily and pulled his phone out of his back jeans pocket.

“Sorry...” He looked at the text message and his eyes widened. Then he raised his head and turned to us.

“EXO-K wants to join us. They’re outside the door,” he stated, voice showing his disbelief. “Did one of you tell them we were doing this...?”

We looked around at each other. Who could have done that... I mean, that’s so … wait. My mind flashed to last night, when I was video-calling Sehun. I had mentioned that we were going to surprise Zitao in the morning for his birthday... Whoopsies.

I gave a small shy smile and peeked up at Kris.

“Ah, I might’ve slipped something to Sehun...” I said meekly.

Kris looked at me, reminding me of my father.

“Sorry, duizhang...” I lowered my head. But the others laughed.

“I’m sure it’s fine, right duizhang?” Minseok reassured, clapping his hand on my shoulder.

Kris blinked once, then waved dismissively. “Yeah, no problem. I’ll let them know we’re upstairs...” He swiftly texted back on his phone and slid it back into his pocket. “Luhan, why don’t you lead them up here then. Minseok, you too.”

“But they know our dorms as well as their own...” Minseok mumbled. But we went down the stairs as softly as we could. Reaching the front door, I peeked through the hole to see EXO-K standing around outside, looking impatient. I chuckled and unlocked the door, twisting the knob slowly. As soon as the door opened a crack, someone on the other side pushed it open and they flooded inside.

“About time!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“SHH! Don’t wake him up,” Minseok hissed pointedly.

Chanyeol’s face dropped, and he twiddled his thumbs. “Oops, sorry hyung...”

“Let’s go upstairs,” I said quietly, looking behind me at Sehun. He smiled, and I reached my hand out to grab his arm, pulling him closer to me. I pushed him in front of me and put my hands at the sides of his arms, near his elbows, leading him forward. The other members trailed behind.

When we reached the stairs, Sehun’s height only increased as he stepped on the stair above me, so I lowered my hands to rest on his waist gently. He froze, and then brought his hands back to be on top of mine. He peeked back at me, and I chuckled at his cute expression. Oh Sehun...

When we reached the top of the stairs, we joined the other EXO-M members who were waiting for us. Kris raised his eyebrow at Sehun and me, but I just looked back at him innocently. He snorted, amused, and looked back.

“Guys, let’s all gather around. On the count of three, we’ll open the door and jump into his room, shouting ‘Happy Birthday,’ okay?” We all nodded.

“Poor little peach, he’ll probably get scared.” Kyungsoo commented.

“Ah, he’ll be okay. He’s older now,” Baekhyun replied, grinning mischievously.

“Alright, on the count of three.” Kris looked at us. “One...” He put his hand on the doorknob. “Two...” He began to twist it. “...THREE!” He pushed the door open and we sprung inside.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZITAO!!” we yelled, clapping really loudly.

Zitao, who had been lying down on his bed facing us, suddenly jerked awake and his eyes flew open. Then he rolled forward in shock and threw his arms out in front of him, but it was too late. He was already rolling off the bed and...THUMP.

We all stared at him, flabbergasted. He was laying on the ground, flat on his back. His expression was one of shock as well, and he just lay there staring upwards at the ceiling, mouth open.

^[A/N]: That expression, but minus the water hehe xD

Then he scrunched up his eyes and began to cry.

“WAHHHHHHH, HYUNGS, THAT HURT!!!!” He rubbed his eyes.

Kris immediately stepped forward and kneeled on the ground next to him.

“Zitao, are you okay?” Kris looked really concerned. He lifted Zitao’s head off the ground in one hand as Zitao continued to wipe away tears.

“W-what do you think?” Zitao sniffled. “You guys m-made me fall out of b-bed...”

We couldn’t help ourselves. We burst out laughing.

Baekhyun walked over and pinched Zitao’s cheek.

“Aww, you little Kung Fu Panda, it was all good fun. Don’t cry, okay?” Baekhyun crooned. Then he broke out into singing “Baby Don’t Cry.” Laughing, Jongdae and I joined him. Kyungsoo was still standing there, eyes round.

Zitao pouted. “I’m not a baby!”

“You’ll always be the maknae to us,” Kris said affectionately, patting his head.

“What about Sehun?” Zitao said indignantly.

“What about me?” Sehun demanded, but he smiled, showing he wasn’t being serious.

“Well, you’ll always be my little brother,” Kris corrected himself. “How’s that?”

Zitao continued pouting. We chuckled.

“Loosen up, Peachy,” Minseok teased.

“Alright, alright,” Zitao grumbled. “But you guys better have gotten me Gucci.”

 

---

 

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. -SOBS REALLY HARD- 

Gah I feel like I apologize to you guys a lot. SORRY- loljk xD

But this chapter was dedicated to little peachy, Tao! :D I didn't get to give him a special chapter for

his birthday, so I hope this makes up for it... Even though I'm like three weeks late

Sorry, not a lot of HunHan action here... But you guys got plenty of that from Disneyland and SMTOWN<3

My excuse for not updating? I was dead. Because of the pictures lolol.

jk I took too much time saving them and sorting them out :P

See you soon for the next chapter...which will be Tao's birthday party!(:

P.S. I reached 30 chapters!!! I wonder how long this is going to end up...lol

I also hit 70 subs, but I've been losing one or two subs every day T_T so I won't announce it officially

...just in case...

QUOTES: In an interview in China, the members said that Tao cries the most.

In an interview in China, EXO-M said that Tao rooms with Xiumin.