Chapter 10 - Showcase ("History")

Behind the Scenes

[A/N]: I’m going to be switching from Luhan to Sehun in this chapter, just a heads up!^^

Luhan POV

 

We broke up our circle and gave some final wishes of good luck as we made our ways to opposite sides of the stage in preparation for the start of the showcase. I lingered behind.

“Sehun, I know you’ll do well!” I smiled at him, patting his back. He looked particularly nervous. To anyone else, it would seem like he had a blank or serious expression, but to me I knew that deep down, his stomach was churning with anxiety. I learned a while ago that no matter what was on his face, you could know what was on his heart by looking at a certain part of him, the door to his soul -- his eyes.

He looked up at me and forced a weak smile, his eyes screaming fear. Unable to bear his tense appearance, I threw my arms around him in a tight hug. He gave a soft sound of surprise but was held in my embrace, unable to move. He chuckled slightly and I let him go, grinning sheepishly.

“Don’t worry,” I encouraged. “Just go with it. You could do this in your sleep!” It was true. We had practiced so much over the last year that it was ingrained in our systems, perfected.

He nodded and looked more relaxed now at my words, so I was relieved.

“I have to go now,” I told him unwillingly. “I’ll see you on stage!” I ruffled his hair.

“See you, hyung,” he replied quietly. My heart nearly broke at his voice, but I just swallowed and waved to him as I walked to the other side of the stage from the backstage passage.

I stuck out my tongue. Whose idea was it anyway that EXO-M would go on stage from the opposite side of EXO-K?

Reaching the other side, I saw the rest of EXO-M nervously standing around. Kris had an extra stoic face, and Zitao’s eyes were darting around. Minseok was biting his lip, while Jongdae looked expressionless or at least really focused. Yixing was pacing back and forth, wringing his hands.

I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder. “Yixing, calm down. You’ll be amazing.”

He looked at me and gave a sad look. “I just hope...all my years of training won’t be in vain.”

“Of course not!” I urged. “You’ve worked so hard for this, you truly deserve this. Be careful, and just enjoy yourself out there.”

He gave me a terse nod but stopped pacing. My breath caught as I watched the live feed from the cameras on the small TV screen of our intros. Then it cut to the narration in the beginning of the MAMA music video.

Not much longer now...


 


Sehun POV
 

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

I tried to clear my mind, only focusing on my breathing. My chest was heaving painfully as I tried to stop myself from hyperventilating. My breath caught in my throat and I choked, coughing.

“Dude, are you okay??” Jongin asked, concerned, patting my back.

“I’m fine,” I mumbled. Breathe in. Breathe out.

“You don’t look okay...” He eyed me with a worried expression.

I managed a small smile and repeated, “I’m fine.”

“Alright, if you say so...” He glanced at me hesitatingly again. “If it helps, think about the fans. We’re finally giving to them, like we’ve always wanted, right?”

I bobbed my head up and down.

“I know you’ll do your best. For the fans.” His voice was forceful and confident. It made me feel stronger.

“Thank you,” I whispered, gratitude filling my heart.

“No problem, maknae.” Reassured, he smiled and walked over to comfort Joonmyun who also looked really tense.

I instinctively reached for my pocket to pull out my phone and shoot Luhan a text but realized I left it in the changing room with my normal clothes. I sighed. Oh well, we aren’t supposed to have our phones during performances anyway.

I glanced over at the TV screen and saw that the narration from the beginning of MAMA was already playing. Realizing that we would be on stage soon, I began to panic again.

Calm down, Sehun. You can do this. For the fans.

I took a deep breath.

“EXO-K! PLACES!” Our manager yelled.

We shuffled to our positions and got ready for “History.”

I smiled as I remembered how we would always joke that we were “making ‘History’” whenever we danced to the song. Well, now it was really time to make history.

A new world shall open up!”

I heard fan screams as “History” began playing. My heartbeat quickened but I became determined. I focused on the dance, but at the same time, I let go. I let my body do what it was trained to do; it was natural now. I fell into the music. The sweat poured onto my face, and when the chorus came I could feel the heat coming from the plumes of fire bursting out in front of us.

Still, the dance was quick and before long, EXO-M’s entrance came up.

Luhan... I wish you good luck.

 

---

Yay, an update! :D Sorry again about the short chapter yesterday... I feel so bad .__.

This chapter wasn't extremely eventful either. But stick with me, because the good stuff is coming up!

Particularly, the interviews and airports hehe^^

Watch out, because in a little while, I'll be posting the next chapter... That's right! Double update!(:

LINK TO VIDEO: http://youtu.be/mVNDd1qdCog

QUOTES: In EXO-M's Tudou interview, Kris said that they prepared for their MAMA album for almost a year.

In a live interview of EXO-M, Lay said that he was scouted for SM in 2008 and practiced 12-14 hours a day.