The Threats

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

I froze.

Baekho froze.

JR stiffened.

There was a look on Su-Ji’s face that frightened me too much.

“What did you mean by that?” Said JR dangerously. His eyes were narrowed and the veins were standing out on his arms.

I looked at Baekho.

“Maybe you should wait outside a second JR.” Baekho said slowly.

“What? I’m fine.” JR snapped.

“He’s worried about his poor, darling, innocent... .” Said Su-Ji patting my shoulder.

JR advanced towards her. Baekho quickly reached out and grabbed JR by the arm, bundling him outside the door. I could her JR muttering furiously.

“Well it won’t do her any good if you go and kill Su-Ji will it? Go and find the others.” Baekho said quietly.

“Don’t worry, I’ll look after her JR.” Su-Ji called sweetly. JR hissed under his breath. He glanced at Baekho for a long time.

“Look after Minjae.” He warned finally. Baekho nodded immediately.

“Of course.”

Not that I needed looking after, I refrained from saying.

After a moment of silence, JR turned away and walked off down the corridor.

Baekho turned back to Su-Ji and came to stand next to me.

“What did you mean by what you said earlier?” I said calmly.

           Su-Ji shrugged,

“Baekho’s right.” She said. “I shouldn’t tell the headmaster, I don’t want you all to get expelled.”

Baekho snorted.

“It’s true!” Su-iI protested sweetly. “If you all leave, how will I get my revenge.”

She stepped up close to my face.

“Getting you expelled isn’t enough.” She sneered. “I’ll make you wish you’d never even seen my face.”

“Don’t worry you make me wish that every day.” I retorted. Instead of getting angry, Su-Ji smiled.

“Keep going Minjae.” She laughed. “Keep on getting on my nerves. It’ll all add up.” She elegantly raised a hand and viciously sliced it against .

“You lay a finger on her and I swear...” Baekho said.

“Oh don’t worry I won’t lay a finger on her.” Su-Ji interrupted, wrinkling her nose. “I don’t want to get my hands dirty. I can’t say the same for others though. There are some people in this world that would just love the chance to get their hands on girls like you. Especially if I told them too.”

“Oh whatever.” I said, rolling my eyes trying to ignore the chilly feeling running down my spine.. I turned to leave.

“You’re not leaving until you’ve tidied this all up!” Su-Ji screeched. “Neither of you!”

I looked at Baekho. Together we stepped out of her room.

“Oh dear. Looks like we just left.” Said Baekho cheerfully. “See you later Su-Ji!”

We hurried away.

On our way back to Nu’est’s room, we met up with Ren, Aron, Minhyun and HyeSu.

“What happened!?” HyeSu gasped.

“Did she go mental?” Said Aron, his eyes gleaming.

“We’re all going to be in big trouble.” Minhyun said solemnly.

 “What did she say?” Said Ren.

I waved my hand dismissively.

“Nothing of importance. Just a load of rubbish...” My voice trailed off as JR came storming down the corridor.

“What did she say?” He demanded at once.

“Nothing.” I said quickly.

“Don’t lie to me.” He said looking intently into my face.

“I’m not lying!” I protested, biting my lip.

“Such a bad liar.” HyeSu said, shaking her head in despair. I shot her a look and she covered . “Oops.”

With an impatient click of his tongue, JR turned to Baekho. I frantically shook my head to Baekho, trying to tell him not to say the truth. If JR heard what Su-Ji had said about me, he’d get into even more trouble than he was already in.

“She’s not going to tell the head teacher.” Baekho said slowly.

“What?!” Everyone gasped in shock.

“She must be planning something.” Ren frowned.

“It must be something bad if she’s not going to go to the head master.” Said HyeSu uneasily.

JR was still looking at Baekho.

“She was just making useless threats.” Baekho said quietly.

“What kind of threats?”

“ShewasjustimplyingthatotherpeoplearegoingtogetrevengeonMinjae.” Baekho said really quickly.

I peeped a look at JR, hoping he hadn’t managed to catch the words.

He had of course.

“What kind of people.” Ren gasped.

Baekho, biting his lip anxiously.

“She wouldn’t do anything stupid would she?” HyeSu whispered, fear colouring her eyes.  Aron put his arm around her.

“We just have to make sure she doesn’t get a chance to hurt Minjae.” He said, smiling at me.

“Aron’s right.” JR said through gritted teeth. “From now on, Minjae doesn’t go anywhere without one of us boys beside her.”

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“I can look after myself JR.” I frowned. “What do you think she’s really going to do? Kidnap me?”

“JR is right.” Ren said earnestly. “We don’t know what she’s capable of. She could get anyone to do her bidding. It’s better if one of us is always with you.”

“Minjae could kick her any day.” HyeSu scoffed.

“I think the same should go for you too HyeSu.” Aron said.

“Me?! I don’t need protecting.” HyeSu said in outrage.

“I agree Aron,” Baekho nodded. “Remember she doesn’t exactly like you HyeSu since you slapped her. She might include you on her revenge spree.”

“And no arguments from you either Minjae.” Said JR stubbornly.

“I can take care of myself!” HyeSu and I cried in unison. The boys folded their arms and set their jaws. We weren’t going to change their minds. I sighed and rubbed my face tiredly.

“Fine. Fine.”

“As long as we’re with you nothing can happen.” Baekho said, ruffling my hair.

I nodded, chewing my bottom lip.

“You’re right I guess.” HyeSu sighed. “Just don’t be too protective.”

She moved to go into the toilet. Aron followed her. As he went to step in the girls toilet, HyeSu turned around and shrieked.

“What are you doing?!”

“I’m protecting you!” He said innocently. HyeSu buried her head in her hands in utter despair and Ren went and dragged Aron out of the toilets.

“When I said protection, I didn’t mean to that extent.” Said JR amused.

“What if Su-Ji’s waiting for them when they go in the toilet or something. We won’t be able to protect them.” Ren said seriously.

I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach. The laugher trailed off when I realized I was the only one who found it funny. JR and Baekho were staring at the toilet with thoughtful of expressions.

“You guys can’t be serious.” I said, shaking my head. “You want to follow us into the toilet. Are you actually kidding me?”

“Ren’s got a point.” Baekho shrugged. Aron started to move towards the door of the toilets but I grabbed him by his jacket.

“Stop right there!”

Turning to the rest of the boys, I looked at them hard.

“The toilet is out of bounds and that is that. HyeSu and I do not need protection in the toilet. GOT IT!?”

Stunned, everyone nodded.

“Good.” I smiled. “Su-Ji was probably bluffing anyway. We should just stay away from her for a few days and then she’ll have gotten over it. I mean, really, what can she actually do to us?”

------------

Enjoy my darlings! Saranghae <3