Phase One

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

The plan was brilliant.

But it was so dangerous.

“We just have to be careful.” HyeSu kept saying. “Careful and sly.”

-------------

Phase one of the plan began on Monday morning. HyeSu and I were stationed in the girl’s bathroom down the corridor from Su-Ji’s room. At that moment Su-Ji was alone in the room; she refused to share it with anyone.
“You must make the call at the exact moment she opens the door.” Minhyun had stressed. Over and over again.

“What the hell is she doing in there?” HyeSu said. “We’ve been keeping watch for hours.”

“She’s probably putting layers of make up on.” I replied.

“More like throwing it at her face.”

I sat on the sinks, swinging my legs. HyeSu was drying her hands under the dryer for no reason at all.

“I’m bored.” I said. “I’m bored I’m bored I’m bored I’m bored I’m bored I’m bored I’m bored I’m bored I’m bored I’m bored-”

“I will physically zip up your mouth if you don’t stop.” HyeSu warned. I stuck my tongue out at her.

“You’re making the call by the way. The call to let Baekho and Aron know when to come.”

“I am not!” She gasped. “I can’t make an owl noise. You’ll have to do it.”

“But you told Baekho you would make the noise! How will he know when to come?”

“That’s easy: You’ll have to make the noise.”

“But you said-”

“And now I’m saying you’re making it!”

“You’re so annoying!” I sighed, flicking water from the tap at her face.

“Oh you want to start?” HyeSu cupped her hand under the tap and threw it in my face.

“You’re so immature!”

I was about to respond when we heard the click of a door.

Our heads turned towards the sound.

Su-Ji stepped out of her room, fiddling with her bag.

I motioned for HyeSu to make the call.

“You make it.” She mouthed.

Su-Ji was rummaging in her purse for her key card.

I pointed at HyeSu furiously. You make it!

She shook her head and folded her arms stubbornly.

Just as Su-Ji brought out her key card, I put my hands to my mouth and made a soft hooting sound like an owl.

Seconds later Baekho came charging round the corner with Aron chasing him. They thundered down the corridor. Su-Ji’s eyes widened and she moved to step out of the way.

Too late.

The collision was beautiful.

Baekho ran straight into Su-Ji as if he had thought she were thin air. She clattered to the ground, arms flailing, shrieking like a siren. Baekho tumbled over her and then Aron tripped over Su-Ji on the ground and practically forward rolled over her and on to the ground.

The contents of her bag scattered everywhere. Lip gloss, paper, photos.

Key card.

Su-Ji got to her feet, fuming. She couldn’t even speak she was that furious. She was glaring so angrily, the force of her look could have caused another collision.

“What the-What the actual-ing-What the.” She spat.

Baekho got to his feet, holding his hands in the surrender gesture. Aron was still on the floor rolling around with laughter.  HyeSu was holding on to my arm, tears of laughter in her eyes. I laughed silently, trying not to give our position away.

“It’s his fault.” Said Baekho, pointing to Aron. “He was chasing me!”

“I don’t care if a gunman was chasing you!” Su-Ji screamed. “How dare you knock me to the floor! I could have broken a bone!”

“Or you could have knocked some teeth out.” Said Baekho earnestly. “My Uncle tripped over once and bang! Half his teeth were gone. With just that one fall. He has to wear dentures now. Imagine if that happens to you! Maybe we should check...” Baekho moved towards her.

“NO!” Su-Ji shrieked.

“But what if they’re all gone!” Baekho gasped. “Emergency care is required!”

“DON’T TOUCH ME YOU FREAK!”

Aron used Su-Ji to claw himself up to standing. She wrenched away, banging in to the wall to get away from him.

“Do I smell or something?” Said Aron pouting.

“Oh my god I can’t breathe.” HyeSu whispered to me.

Baekho and Aron crowded around Su-Ji, both talking to her at once.

She didn’t notice Ren sidle up and carefully place his foot over her key card, kicking it deftly into the bathroom where he knew we’d be waiting. I picked it up, winking at HyeSu.

She winked back.

“Baekho and Aron were still bothering Su-Ji. Baekho was waving his arms around and Aron had his hands clasped as if praying.

“Can I touch your hair!” He said, blowing his cheeks out. “Please?”

Su-Ji was too horrified to speak.

JR strolled down the corridor, hands in pocket. Casually he dropped a key card on to the floor. Identical to Su-Ji’s key card that Ren had stolen.

As he walked off, Su Ji cried.

“Where is my key card! You stupid idiots made me drop it.”

Like the red sea, Baekho and Aron parted the way for her. Su-Ji snatched the key card she thought was hers from the floor, and jammed it into the sensor, ‘locking’ the door.

She stuffed the rest of her belongings in to her bag.

“ing idiots. Next time be more careful.” She spat, before stalking away. She was so furious, she didn’t see HyeSu and I lurking in the bathroom.

We waited a second, making sure she was gone, and then we came out.

“That was beautifully done Baekho.” I congratulated. HyeSu nodded, wiping tears from her eyes.

“Phase One of the prank complete!” Aron relished.

“Let’s check it works first.” I said anxiously, taking Su-Ji’s key card from my pocket.

“It will work,” Baekho dismissed my fears. “You should trust Minhyun’s intelligence. He can hack into anything.”

“But what if the fake card Su-Ji used to lock her door messed up the system. We won’t be able to get in using her card.”

“Stop mumbling and just try the door” HyeSu interrupted.

We all crowded round Su-Ji’s door. I slotted her key card in the sensor.

We waited.

Beep. With a small click, the red light on the sensor changed to green. Baekho pushed open Su-Ji’s door. It swung open to reveal the empty room, all neat and tidied.

Just waiting to be messed up.

Baekho rubbed his hands together happily as JR, Minhyun and Ren walked towards us.

“Quick.” Said Minhyun. “You want as much time as possible right? You never know when she’ll come back. I know I’m keeping watch but I won’t be able to stall her for long.”

“If she comes we can leap out of the window.” Baekho suggested walking in to the room.

We all looked towards the window. It was very small.

“Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.” Said JR, entering the room.

“I’m going to close the door so it doesn’t look suspicious.” Said Minhyun after Ren walked in. “Good luck!”

He closed the door. We looked at each other. I felt a mix of nervousness, terror and pure excitement.

HyeSu took a packet of itching powder out of her pocket. She tore the top off and then walked towards Su-Ji’s bed. HyeSu tipped the packet until the itching powder fell out like icing sugar, all over the bed.

Baekho had a bottle of ketchup in his hands.

Ren held a pair of scissors.

JR had a bottle of blue paint.

Aron had two bottles of tooth paste.

HyeSu had a thick black permanent marker in her hand.

And I had a bottle of hair dye clutched tight in mine.

I looked around.

Our weapons of mass revenge.

“Let the fun begin.”

-----------------------------

Sorry for any silly typos! I hope you enjoy and sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. Busy with school -.-'' Tell me what you think :) Take care -Wave <3

Just in case you didn't get Phase One of the prank:

Minjae and HyeSu were keeping watch outside Su-Ji's room. When Su-Ji came out, Minjae made the signal for Baekho and Aron to 'accidentally' knock her to the ground. This caused Su-Ji to drop her key card, which Ren secretly stole and kicked into the bathroom for Minjae and HyeSu to pick up. While Su-Ji was being distracted by Aron and Baekho, JR walked past, dropping a fake key card. Su-Ji, thinking this fake card was hers, picked it up and slotted it into the sensor. The fake key card changed the sensors light to red, making Su-Ji think her door was locked. When she had left, the others used Su-Ji's real key card to open her door!