Thoughts of Revenge

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

I gradually awoke, yawning and rubbing my eyes. As I took a look around my face broke out in to a soft smile. The sleeping arrangements had certainly changed.

Ren was completely hugging my legs, clutching my left hand as he slept, making little snuffling sounds. Aron had managed to manoeuvre HyeSu until she slept against his chest. There was a little triumphant smile on his face as he slept. Baekho had completely rolled off the bed and onto the floor by the door, his thumb. Minhyun was half off the bed and half on the floor, sleeping with his head in his hands. As for JR, he’d managed to worm his way up beside me until his head was on the pillow too, arm draped around my waist, our faces practically touching. If he’d happen to bend his face while sleeping then we would have accidentally kissed.

He actually looked very innocent when he was sleeping. His dark eyelashes spread out against his skin and his hair was sticking up slightly. I could tell he was having a bad dream because his eyebrows were furrowed and his face kept twitching. All of a sudden he woke up, breathing heavily. I quickly closed my eyes.

“Damn, it was just a dream.” I peeked out from under my eyelashes. He was looking at me. “Get a grip JR, she’s safe.” He mumbled to himself. I felt my heart contract slightly; he was having a bad dream about me. I could feel he was staring at me so I tried to even my breathing as if I was a sleep for real.

“I really wish I could protect you always.” He sighed softly. No one will be able to, I wanted to answer, I guess I’ll have to protect myself.

JR tightened his arm around me and gently slid me along until I was fully in his arms, my face pressed against his neck. I’m sure he could feel my eyes widen. He rested his chin on my hair and within a few seconds his deep breathing told me he was sleeping again.

-----------------

Time passed and my physical scars began to heal. Soon I was able to get back into dance practice lessons.

From that day on I was never able to sleep in the dark though and I avoided Su-Ji like the plague.

“Leave her to me. I have a plan.” HyeSu kept saying, grim determination on her face.

“Remember what happened last time someone had a plan.” Ren said, chewing his bottom lip.

“That was my fault.” Minhyun said in a small voice, looking down.

“No it wasn’t.” I said, squeezing his hand. “Your plan was brilliant.”

“Look how it ended up.” He sighed, rubbing his thumb over the bruises on my hand.

“It would have happened anyway.” I said, drawing my knees to my chest. “She just wanted an excuse for it I guess. We should just leave it now.”

“Do you really think I’m going to let her get away with it Minnie. Do you think we’re going to let her get away with it? JR is already planning revenge on Su-Ji’s brother.” HyeSu said.

“He won’t be able to move again when we’ve finished with him.” Ren hissed.

“That’s where they are now,” Minhyun said. “Trying to round up a gang to beat Su-Ji’s brother up.”

“What?” I gasped. “Have they lost their mind? They’re rounding up a gang?!”

“Look what she did to you Minnie!” HyeSu cried. “You don’t know what it was like, seeing you like that.”

“I thought we’d never find you.” Ren whispered.

“Su-Ji and her brother are going to get what they deserve.” HyeSu said, punching her fist.

“But you don’t know what she could do next!” I said, starting to panic. “What she could do to you! What if she does to you what she did to me? If we carry on getting revenge on each other it will be a never ending ing circle. You haven’t seen her brother...”

“But Jr described him to us...” Ren began.

“But JR wasn’t in the forest was he? He didn’t see what that man was capable of, how many henchmen he had, just willing to do whatever he wanted. I am telling you, that man has no sense of compassion, none at all. He will not hesitate to kill us all. Or drag one of us into the forest again!”

I rocked backwards and forwards, gasping for breath as images from that night crowded my mind.

“What are you hiding underneath there?” Hyun said. Reaching out with a strong hand, he ripped my shirt clean down the middle. “Get off me!” I screamed. His henchmen jeered as Hyun bent down, the palm of his hand advancing closer. Suddenly they were all their in front of me, faceless men in the dark, touching and groping...

“Minnie,” Ren was saying, holding my shoulders. “Don’t think about it. Come on, think about now, don’t think about what happened then. You’re safe now.”

He pulled me close to him and sang softly while my breathing returned to normal. I saw my scared face reflected in HyeSu’s eyes.

“Please.” I said. “Don’t do anything. Promise me.”

“I can’t Minnie.” HyeSu said sadly. “I can’t promise that I won’t do anything, because I know if I got the chance, I’d her up without a second thought.”

“The same goes for all of us Minjae.” Ren said. “We can’t let what she did to you go unpunished. In our eyes, Su-Ji and her brother are dead meat.”

 

-----------------

I hope your enjoying these updates! Thank you so much for supporting me, I can't thank you all enough! Just know that you are forever in my heart why are you so cheesy Channie.

Just thought I'd let you know JR is winning the poll! 13 votes for JR and 7 for Ren! 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/23504

Please support my other fan fictions too! I'm dreading the moment when I have to end this one :'( But the ending is on the horizon my dears. Okay so the ending is on the horizon buuuuuuuut we still have far to go, so don't worry =^.^= Stay safe everyone :)