Choding

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

HyeSu’s point of view:

 

I had a plan.

This plan didn’t involve silly pranks in Su-Ji’s bedroom, or dying her hair a different colour.

This had taken revenge to a whole new level.

I’m sorry Minnie. I’m sorry I can’t promise you that I won’t do anything to Su-Ji.

It’s just that it’s incomprehensible to even think that I could allow Su-Ji to get away with hurting you like that.

So yeah, I had a plan.

But I needed some help first.

------------

After singing class on Monday, I was about to take a walk outside when a voice called my name.

“HyeSu-ah!”

I turned around. A tall boy came running up to me, brushing his light brown hair out of his eyes. He had a wide smile which lit up his whole face. I noticed he had several earrings lining his ear. I winced. Boy that must have hurt.

“Hello...sorry I don’t know your name.” I apologised.

“Oh!” He stepped back and bowed low. “I’m Lee Sungyeol, but everyone calls me Choding.”

I tilted my head quizzically.

“Why Choding?”

“Because people say I act like an elementary school kid. Apparently I’m immature. Can you believe it?” He gasped. His eyes were shining and round with indignation. He looks just like a child.

“No I can’t believe it.” I laughed. “Well anyway, it’s lovely to meet you Choding.”

“And you,” He agreed good naturedly. “Even though I knew you already.”

“So is there anything you wanted me to help you with?” I asked as we began to walk. Sungyeol was silent for a moment, chewing his lip and peeking glances at from behind his fringe.

“Well I heard what happened to your friend Minjae.” He said quietly.

I immediately stiffened.

“And what did you hear exactly?”

“About how that Su-ji girl got her brother to...uhm...”

How did everyone find out?

“Is it true?” Sungyeol said.

“Why do you care?” I shot back. “If you’ve just come to gossip then please go away.”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened and he quickly looked down. I felt bad for being so harsh.

“I didn’t mean it to sound like that.” He mumbled. “I thought maybe I could help.”

“Help?”

“Yes.” He looked up. His eyes were sincere. “I thought maybe I’d be able to do something to help.”

“Well, what did you have in mind?” I said slowly, confused.

“I heard that JR was gathering a gang to beat Su-Ji’s brother up,” Sungyeol rubbed the back of his neck. “I really don’t like fighting but I still want to help. Maybe there is another way?” His mouth drooped. “I guess you think I’m a coward because I don’t want to fight right?”

I shook my head and patted his arm.

“Now I think that it’s very mature of you Choding to decide not to fight.” I smiled. Sungyeol grinned happily.

“So is there anything you needed help with?”

“Why do you want to help Minjae? Do you know her?” I said softly.

“She’s in my dance class, I really admire the way she moves.” He nodded his head. “I’ve always wanted to talk to her but I’ve never worked up the courage. Plus she’s always around JR and he’s kind of scary.”

I looked at him carefully. He seemed to grasp what I was thinking.

“I don’t like her in that way,” He said hastily, holding up his hands. “No no no, I just want to be friends with her. Or like her big brother. She seems like someone who needs protecting.”

I smiled genuinely. Sungyeol was a sweet choding. He smiled back, rubbing the sleeve of his knitted jumper. An idea began to form in my mind.

“Actually there is a way you can help Choding.” I said slowly. He raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“Really?”

“Yes. I have to go to class now but meet me near the dance studio at the start of lunch okay?”

“Got it captain.” Said Sungyeol with a salute.

 

------------------------

I included everyone's faveourite choding Sungyeolieeee ^.^

Thanks for subscribing and commenting, and reading ^.^ Don't be a stranger okay? Tell me how you think it's going!

Oh yeah, I hope you'll support my other fan fiction Deliria High: Breathing Fire, it's going to become the proper sequel to The Dance Partner when it's finished -sob -sob. It tells the story of our dear friend HyeSu so you'll check it out right? =^.^=