The HeadMaster

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

The Headmaster made us walk ahead of him all the way to his office. I took HyeSu’s hand and squeezed it, smiling slightly. It’ll be okay.

I had a plan.

Not a very good one, but still a plan.

The Headmaster led us in to his office and sat behind his desk. He motioned for us to sit. Su-Ji perched on her chair like she was royalty.

I resisted the urge to kick her.

“Now girls.” The Headmaster began. “Su-Ji has told me some disturbing information. Apparently she was attacked by a girl called HyeSu.” He squinted at us. “Which one of you is that?”

“That would be me.” Said HyeSu.

“And did you attack this girl?”

“Yes.” HyeSu said immediately. “I slapped her around the face.”

“I see.” The Headmaster grimaced. In that moment he let his face betray his feelings and I realised, he didn’t know what to do with us. He had no clue.

“It was a vicious attack Sir!” Su-Ji cried. “She even brought religion in to it Sir! Religion! She said Jesus said if someone slaps you on the left cheek, turn and let them slap you on the right.”

“Well now that is disgraceful.” The Headmaster frowned. “To use religious references as an excuse, really HyeSu...”

“I don’t use that an excuse.” HyeSu said.

“Well then what is your excuse?”

“I don’t have one.” HyeSu said simply.

“Well then why did you hit her?”

“Because at that moment, I had such an urge to just slap her.”

I wanted to laugh so badly. HyeSu was saying it as though it were perfectly normal. The Headmaster stared at her, evidently wondering if she was sane. Su-Ji looked fit to burst. The Headmaster turned to me.

“And you are... Minjae, is that right?” I nodded. “And you are a new student?”I nodded again. “Can you explain what you saw?”

Time to put this plan into action.

 “Saw when?” I asked casually.

“What you saw this afternoon. The disagreement between HyeSu and Su-Ji.”

“ Disagreement?” I blinked. “There was a disagreement?”

“The fight...” The Headmaster prompted.

“I didn’t see a fight.” I shrugged. “I’ve been in my room the whole day!”

“It’s nearly 5 o’clock in the afternoon.” The Headmaster’s eyebrows furrowed.

“No way!” I pretended to gasp. “Well just look at how time flies!”

Su-Ji looked like she was about to explode.

“She’s trying to be smart Headmaster.” She snarled. “She was there.”

“I’m afraid I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said, blinking innocently.

“Are you feeling okay Minjae?” Said the Headmaster. He didn’t know what to do with me.

“I’m quite fine thank you.” I smiled. “And how are you on this fine spring day?”

He didn’t answer. Only stared at me. HyeSu snorted with laughter but quickly disguised into a cough.

“You can’t believe her!” Su-Ji shrieked. Even the Headmaster winced at the shrill tone of her voice. “They were both there! Being horribly mean to me.”

“Oh poor you” HyeSu muttered rolling her eyes.

“It’s their word against yours Su-Ji. The rest of the witnesses are your best friends. Minjae is the only unbiased one.” The Headmaster reasoned.

“No!” Su-Ji rocketed to her feet, pointing at us angrily. “They’re best friends!”

“Who us?” I said pretending to be astonished.

“I’ve never met this girl in my life.” HyeSu said pointing to me.

“You share a room!” Su-Ji cried in disbelief.

I looked over at HyeSu and then slapped my head in realisation.

“Oh yeah! We do share a room!” I grinned.

“I don’t think I’ve introduced myself. I’m HyeSu.” We shook hands and then turned back to the Headmaster expectantly. I had to bite my lips together to stop from laughing.

“Minjae you’ve been a student since August and you’ve been sharing a room with HyeSu and you’ve never met her? Is that what you’re saying?” Said the Headmaster.

I nodded happily. “I keep myself to myself. I don’t really socialise.”

“They’re lying!” Su-Ji screamed, any moment now she was going to throw a tantrum.

“Why would I lie?” HyeSu said. “Minjae seems like a delightful person, I’ve no reason to lie about being friends with her.”

“Aw!” I smiled at HyeSu and fanned my face. “You’re making me blush. You don’t seem to bad yourself.”

“Maybe we could hang out afterwards. We can be best friends!” HyeSu grinned.

The Headmaster looked at us in disbelief.

“You can’t believe them Sir!” Su-Ji shrieked. “They’re lying to your face.”

“Lying?” I gasped.

“To the headmaster!” HyeSu shook her head. “Who would do such a thing.”

Just then, the door opened and the receptionist came into the room.

“It’s time for your meeting Sir.” She said before bowing and leaving the room.

The Headmaster stood up, his relief palpable.

“I’m sorry girls, I have a meeting to attend too.”

“WHAT!” Su-Ji screamed. “Aren’t you going to punish them?”

“Ah yes.” Said the Headmaster distractedly. He looked at us sternly. “If I have any more of this fighting from you girls, I’ll have no choice but to ring your parents and ban you from the talent show.”

We bowed our heads meekly, stifling laughter.

With a shriek, Su-Ji stormed out of the room, her cheeks blazing with anger.

-----------------------------------

“I should have been there to see her face.” Baekho said shaking his head with laughter. We’d just finished telling him what had happened. HyeSu hadn’t mentioned what was on her medical records still.

We were all chilled out in the boy’s room. Minhyun was playing his guitar and JR was writing some rap lyrics.

“I’ve seen her around, that Su-Ji girl, she seems annoying.” Said Ren distastefully.

“She is.” JR agreed.

“She thinks the whole world revolves around her.” Aron said rolling his eyes.

“Someone needs to teach her that it doesn’t.” HyeSu frowned.

“What if we taught her.” Said JR suddenly. We all looked at him. “What if we taught her a lesson.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“He means we could pull a prank on her.” Said Baekho, slowly beginning to grin. JR nodded. “We could show her not to mess with you and HyeSu.”

HyeSu and I looked at each other.

“Wouldn’t that be causing more trouble?” I said cautiously. HyeSu chewed her lip thinking and then shrugged a grin lighting up her face.

“Who cares? It’ll be worth it. And as long as we’re extra careful, we might not get caught.”

“What prank should we do to her?” Said Baekho. We all looked at each other thoughtfully.
“I have a plan.” Said Minhyun, his slanted dark eyes wide and mischievous. 

------------------------------

Thanks for reading! Sorry if there are any typos and I hope you enjoy it :D Please let me know what you think! Take Care -Wave <3