Something smells

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

-HyeSu's point of view

On our way to the monkey enclosure we met a boy walking towards us. He grinned at Woohyun and the two of them did some high five shenanigan. Then he turned to me and gave me a big smile.

“Wassup I’m Dongwoo!”

“We can’t stop now Dongwoo!” Woohyun announced importantly, “We’re on a misson.”

“What kind of mission.”

“Opearation monkey pee.” I laughed at my own lame joke.

“That sounds disgusting.” Dongwoo wrinkled his nose. “But... I still want to join in!”

“You’d join in if we were going sledging in dog poo.” Woohyun rolled his eyes.

“Come on now, I do have limits.” Dongwoo protested. “What does this mission involve anyway?”

I quickly told him what I'd thought of. He clapped his hands, jumping up down excitedly. 

"You have to let me help. The look on her face..." He was already anticipating the end result.

"We can't have too many people otherwise she might get suspicious..." I nibbled my bottom lip.

Woohyun clicked his fingers. If this was a cartoon he would have had a lightbulb flashing above his head

"Are you sure you want to help Dongwoo?" Woohyun asked with a sly look on his face. Dongwoo, not suspecting, nodded earnestly.

--------------------

"Okay when I said help, I didn't really mean in this way." Dongwoo whispered. 

Woohyun was bent over laughing silently, clutching his stomach. He tugged on my arm.

"Doesn't he look hilarious!" He gasped, tears of laughter streaming down his cheeks. Dongwoo looked at me, silently pleading for me not to laugh.

He was standing on the roof of the girls toilets holding a monkey around the stomach directly above the roof window into the girls toilets.

I couldn't help it. My face controted and I began to shake with laughter. 

"Imagine if someone walks by and sees him standing there." I breathed.

"No..Stop..Stop" Woohyun begged, puffing, "I can't breathe. My stomach is hurting from laughing."

"Good!" Dongwoo snapped. "When is this stupid monkey going to pee."

I regained control and checked my watch. It had been 6 minutes.

"Are you sure it really pees every 5 minutes Woohyun?" I said. "We gave him the minamino like 6 minutes ago."

"Just be patient." Woohyun said calmly.

I bent down and peered down into the bathroom. The window was directly above the mirrors which was fortunate as Su-Ji was likely to spend most of her time there. She was currently trying to dry her hair.

"It's peeing!" Woohyun said suddenly. 

Sure enough, the monkey was peeing in a long steady stream through the window.

Dongwoo jumped and automatically let go of the monkey.

I gasped.

The monkey went sailing through the window. In my head I counted to 3.

1.

2.

3.

And then...

"ARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHH!" The most bloody curdling scream rang out through the zoo. I peered over into the window.

The monkey was clutching Su-Ji by the head as it squawked. Su-ji was whirling around the bathroom, clattering in to the sinks, and into the wall in an effort to dislodge the monkey from her head.

And the monkey was still peeing.

“You let go of the monkey Dongwoo!” I hissed. Dongwoo looked at his hands in disbelief.

“But but, it was in my hands...”

“And then you let it go.” Woohyun finished, shaking his head.

“SOMEBODY ARRGGHHH HELP ME.” Su-Ji bellowed. With a vicious shake of her head, Su-Ji managed to flick the monkey of her head. The monkey leapt onto one of the pipes and scattered out of the bathrooms.

Su-Ji took a deep breath and screamed again, stamping her foot and waving her fists. A true tantrum was taking place. The smell of monkey pee wafted up through the window from her hair.

“Do you smell that my friends.” I grinned. “That is the stench of revenge.”

------------------------------------

I hid behind the toilets after having whispered the last stage of the plan to Woohyun and he went with Dongwoo to Su-Ji. I watched the scene from my hiding place.

“We heard screams coming from the toilet.” Woohyun began politely. “Is everything okay?”

“Does everything look okay?” Su-Ji hissed. “I have just been peed on and attacked by one of your rabid ing monkeys.”

“We are extremely sorry...” Dongwoo tried.

I don’t care if you’re sorry!” Su-Ji exploded. “I am going to get this zoo shut down and you bastards locked up. This is so ing ridiculous it’s unreal.”

“We understand,” Woohyun apologised. “We’ll offer you a full refund and you can complain to the manager.”

“Too right I’ll complain.” Su-Ji sneered. “Take me to him at once.”

Hearing those final words, I smirked to myself. Su-Ji was going to get taken to the manager alright.

The manger of kicking her .

I quickly got up and scuttled to the stables, keeping out of sight of Su-Ji as she made her way there accompanied by Woohyun and Dongwoo. Thankfully Woohyun was taking her the long way. As I got closer, I heard squeals coming from the stables. I approached more cautiously.

Poking my head inside the door, I saw the source of the nose.

A beautiful boy was half heartedly scraping manure into a bucket. He whimpered every time the shovel made contact with the smelly brown piles.

“Why me. Why did they do this to me?” I could hear him whimpering. He leant the spade against the door and straightened up, brushing his black side fringe behind his ear. “Come on Jongie, you can do this.”

I cleared my throat and stepped into the room. The boy’s eyes swivelled to me and they widened. He really had amazingly shaped eyes, almost like a cat or a tiger.

“Oh hello!” He smiled to me. “You must be HyeSu right?”

“Hello!” I greeted back, confirming that I was indeed HyeSu.

“I take it your Sungjong? The others told me you were cleaning manure.”

Sungjong nodded, bowing his head.

“They made me do it because I’m the youngest.” He sighed.

“Well you don’t have to do it anymore,” I said gently, patting his shoulder. “I need to use the stables for something now.”

Sungjong’s eyes lit up and he grinned.

“Phew! I can’t stand to be in this room a second longer!” He breathed a sigh of relief and gave me a quick hug. “Thanks HyeSu!”

“See you later Sungjong.” I laughed. He was so cute.

I heard voices coming towards the stable.

“You have to go through the stables to get to the office.” Woohyun said.
“Don’t worry it’s completely safe.” Dongwoo added.

I positioned myself beside the door. Su-Ji stalked into the stables.

Leaping from my position I grabbed Su-ji around the neck. We crashed to the floor together. I held her down long enough for Dongwoo to shut the stable doors and lock them.

“It’s you!” Su-Ji’s eyes widened in disbeliefe.

“It’s me!” I agreed, smiling.

“You really did set me up.”

“I sure did.” I said, dusting my hands and standing up.

Su-Ji got to her feet and ran to the door. It was locked of course.

“Let me out now.” She said through gritted teeth.

“Sorry.” I faked regret. “I can’t do that.”

“Well what are you going to do to me then?” She said rolling her eyes.

I picked Sungjong’s shovel and began shovelling manure into the bucket. The smell was awful and I had to fight not to gag.

“I haven’t really decided.” I said thoughtfully.
“Well while your deciding I’m going to ring my brother for a round two with Minjae.” Su-Ji smirked.

Reaching down quickly, I picked up a stone and threw it. My aim was perfect. The stone knocked the phone out of Su-ji’s hand and it fell to the ground, smashing into pieces.

Su-Ji looked down at the phone in shock.

She looked up at me again and I was glad to see some fear in her eyes. For once, she wasn’t the one dealing out the fear.

I took aim and threw another stone. It skimmed the top of her head and clattered against the wall beside.

“I really don’t like you Su-Ji.” I announced casually. “First of all you have the audacity to piss me off. And then you think you can piss of my best friend? Make her terrified?” I gave a short sharp laugh. “Did you really think I was going to let you get away with that? Really and truly? Did you think I was going to let it go?”

She glared sullenly at me. I marched towards her.

“Answer me then.”

“I don’t answer to s.” She hissed.

Drawing back my hand, I slapped her full in the face. She dropped to the floor satisfyingly, cradling her cheek.

I shook my hand out and walked back over to the bucket.

“You really don’t get it do you Su-Ji.” I snarled. I picked up the bucket full of manure and walked back over to Su-Ji. “You’re not going to get away with it anymore. Treating everybody like . Because I will be there to kick your .”

“Don’t make me laugh” Su-Ji spat, “I’d like to see you try.”

I tilted my head thoughtfully.

“Okay so maybe I exaggerated.” I admitted. “Maybe I can’t kick your . But I can do this...”

Lifting the bucket high I tipped it over.

The horse poo almost fell in slow motion...
Right on to Su-ji.

I quickly whipped out my phone and took a picture.

“Oh and if you try and get this zoo closed down, I’ll spread this picture around school. Then we’ll see how much of a Queenka you are then.”

The brown mess was in her hair, on her clothes, even on her face.  

She was literally covered in it.

She went totally still from the shock.

I set the bucket down and went over to the door. Rapping sharply on it 4 times, Sungyeol opened the door. His eyes bulged at the sight of Su-Ji on the floor in total shock, covered in manure.

“I think our work here is done Choding.” I smiled, dusting off my hands.

-----------------------

Su-Ji didn’t return to school the following day. Or the following week. Her friends seemed like lost sheep without her. Everyone said that she had family problems and had to leave school.

I knew otherwise.

She didn’t try and pursue the closure of the zoo. No doubt she remembered the certain picture I had saved on my phone.

I hoped Su-ji had learnt her lesson.

When you think you’re the ...

 And treat people like ...

You will get covered in .

Something tells me we’d seen the last of Su-Ji for a very long time.

------------------

A long update, signalling the ending of getting revenge on Su-Ji.

But don't forget we still have revenge to get on her brother... ^.^

Nu'est are back in the next chapter, hurrah!