First Kisses

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

 

Time: 10:00am. Location: Dance studio. Subject: JR and I's first dance rehearsal.

 I arrived early so I could do some stretches to prepare and gather my thoughts.

After that encounter with JR yesterday, he'd given me a hug and a final kiss on the forehead. Then we'd gone back into the living room to resume watching the movie. Everyone had been asleep so there'd been no awkward questions. My face was tomato red. JR hadn't even kissed me but by the way I was acting, you would have thought we'd dropped our trousers and gone the full way.

Great. Now I was blushing again.

I did a few hamstring stretches to loosen up and then jogged around the studio to warm up. Our dance instructor had left us an envelope containing the compulsory song we'd have to dance to, plus we had to choose another song to do as a duet and then a final song each for our solo.

The door swung open and JR walked in.

"You're late!" I said, pretending to be stern.

"Only by a few minutes." He protested, setting down his bag.

"You're slacking already JR! Slacking."

"Oh shush." He said coming over and giving me a hug.

" Mmm." He breathed in "You smell nice, did I ever tell you?"

"You won't be saying that by the end of the rehearsal." I laughed, stepping away and going over to the stereo. JR picked up the envelope.

"What's this?"

"The song they've picked for us. Open it"

JR ripped the top of the envelope and tugged out the letter. His eyes ran across the page and I was astonished to see a blush forming on his checks.

"What's up?" I frowned, "Is the song that bad?"

"N-No it's uh good." He passed the envelope to me. I scanned it quickly,

Compulsory song: First Kiss- Teen Top

Requirements: Passion, contact, tell me a story through your dance; pretend you are in love, contemporary movements and popping and locking. Listen to the lyrics and dance to them.

My eyes widened and I gulped hard.

"Have you heard the song before?" I asked. JR shook his head. I took out the CD and placed it into the stereo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9--SxJr_JmQ

Oh my God was my first thought. This song sounded like the type of slow song you'd hear at a club and people would be grinding on each other and practically getting . I was getting slightly panicked as the song progressed. It was filled with breathy sighs and light moans as if they really were doing it. I looked down at the sheet again. I'd passed panic now and was heading into hysteria. Passion, contact, pretend you are in love how the hell was I going to be able to dance this with JR, this song practically screaming .

 

JR was watching my reaction as he leant with a foot against the wall, hands in pockets. His favourite position it seemed.

Please give me the first kiss...

"Is he being serious," I squeaked "He wants us to dance to these lyrics? The lyrics are talking about kissing!"

"We don't have to kiss." He said quickly. Then he looked at me. "Not if you don't want too."

"We could hardly kiss on stage JR." I rolled my eyes.

JR pushed himself off the wall and came towards me. He carefully cupped his hand around my cheek. "I wasn't talking about on stage."

"Well you should be talking about on stage because we have to perform..." My words trailed off as he bent his head, tilted my chin and and leant in. He paused a breath away.

De ja vu.

"When are you going to stop teasing me?" I whispered. JR laughed softly, biting his lips.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do, you keep doing this."

"Doing what?"

"Being about to kiss me and then stopping."

"So you want me to kiss you then."

"I never said that," I denied.

"You implied it." His arm s around my waist, pulling me against him.

"Stop it."

"Stop what?"

"If you think acting clueless is going to work then you're mistaken." I warned.

"I'm not acting clueless, this my natural state."

"Well then you're just dumb." I laughed, stepping away.

All at once, JR tugged my arm and pulled me against his body hard.

"Say it again."

I gasped in shock as I felt cool fingers creep under my shirt.

"Remember what I said yesterday? About having control?" His finger traced my bra strap. "That control isn't going to last forever."

"Stop it JR." I said trying to be firm. His thumb rubbed against my stomach."We have a talent show and exams remember? We want to win and it's not going to happen if you keep doing this."

                After he showed no signs of moving I knew I had to change tactics. "I'm giving you three seconds to get   off me or..."

                "Or what?" He smirked, "I think I like the sound of this threat."

"Or I'll knee you in the balls."

To show I was serious I drew my foot back.

"Okay okay!" JR said hastily backing away. He held his hands up. "I surrender."

"I mean it JR!" I said, pointing my finger at him. "You keep your hands to yourself during rehearsals!"

"Okay captain I will." He laughedn smiling. "But remember the song we have to dance too. We're going to have to touch sometime."

"Yes well we'll figure that out that when we come to it." I sighed, "Just don’t take it too far.”

“I won’t.” He grinned. “For now.”

----------------------------------------

Thank you to the subscribers, the comments, the silent readers, you all truly cheer me up when I'm having a bad day <3