The Deal

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

 

I'd just finished showering when there was a knock at the door. I wrapped my towel tight around me and opened the door, peeking my head around it.


"Oh hey JR." I smiled.

"Hey Minnie are you dressed?"

I opened the door wider and gestured to my towelled state.

JR stepped in and shut the door behind him.

"Well I guess you could stay like that." He said in a sly voice, pulling me closer by the knot on my towel.

"Oi, stop it." I slapped his arm off my towel. "What are you doing here so early anyway?"

"I've come to take you on a date!" He said brightly.

My mouth fell open.

"A date? As in a date date?"

"Well yes a date." JR said slowly.

"Today?"

"Well that is why I'm currently here." He laughed. I threw my pillow at him.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? I have nothing to wear."

"And as I've said before you can stay like that."

"Be serious!" I raised my hand to throw another pillow at him.

"Just put anything on!" He said, shielding his head with his arms.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

"Well then how will I know wear to wear?" I asked, exasperated. 

"Just wear something cute." He ruffled my hair. "But then you always look cute anyway."

I smiled at him and gave him a hug. 

"Now out out out." I stood up and shooed him out the door. "I have to get ready."
"Ah let me stay," He pouted. "I promise I won't peek."
"Hahahah." I laughed at him. "
You? Not peek? Pffft please."
"Hey!" He shouted, outraged. "I'm not a ert!"
"Not you're not." I agreed. "But you're a boy who likes to try it on."
Even he had to laugh at this.
"One day you won't be able to resist me..." He warned.
But until that day," I interrupted. "Bye bye!"
----------
JR and I left school at 3 o clock. It was a lovely sunny day and the breeze rustled by. He was wearing a red and cream stripy jumper and black jeans. I'd decided to put on my trusty dungarees. As we walked into the subway station, JR took my hand and swung it. 

I noticed that beneath his cool casual attitude, he was a true gentlemen. His Mother must have ingrained it into him for his manners were faultless. 
It was little things he did. Like let me go through the door first or made sure I didn't walk beside the road.

When we got on the train it was packed full of people like a can of beans. There were no seats and people were in danger of falling over at every turn.JR found a space beside the wall and pulled me towards it. With my back towards him. He gently pushed me back against him and curled an arm around my waist so I wouldn't fall. He held me steady like that for the whole journey. At the end I squeezed his hand in thanks.

Our date turned out to be go karting! I think I'd mentioned to him before how much I'd wanted to go.

"Are we really going go karting?" I said excitedly "Like really and truly?"

"Yes silly." JR laughed ruffling my hair. He looked the happiest I'd ever seen him, his eyes were shining and he kept laughing at me. 

" Oo this is all so exciting." I clapped his hands.

"Let's make it even more exciting and make a bet." JR said mischievously.

"What kind of bet?"

"If I win then you have to call me oppa and listen to everything I say."

"Oh yeah? And what happens if I win?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You decide." JR shrugged. He had a smug look on his face that told me he was sure he'd win.

"Okay..." I said slowly. "If I win then you can't kiss, hug or touch me until Valentines day. The only time we can touch is when we dance together at rehearsals." 

JR burst out laughing.

"Fine. I'm going to win anyway."

"We'll see about that." I stuck my tongue out.

The go karts were lined up at the start of the traffic lights. I glanced over at JR and he winked at me. I held up four fingers and he nodded. Whoever finished four laps first was the winner.

The thought of calling JR oppa made me cringe.

I had to win.

The traffic lights burst into life.

Red.

Amber.

Green.

I floored the peddle like I was driving a race car. My knuckles turned white as I gripped the steering wheel, twisting it viciously at each turn. JR whistled past but I caught up in the second lap. For the third lap we raced round the track neck and neck. For the final lap, I was gripped by a fierce determination to win and I stepped the peddle so far into the ground it was as if it was part of the floor. As the traffic lights came into view, signalling the finishing line, I twirled the go kart round to the side and skidded into first place.

"YES!" I jumped out the car and leaped around "I won!"

JR got out the car as if dazed.

"Bet you weren't expecting that!" I poked him triumphantly. He shook his head, still stunned.

As we left the go karting building, JR cleared his throat.

"So when you said no touching..."

He looked so horrified that I decided to be nice.

"I was only joking JR." I nudged his arm.

JR considered me for a second.

“No…”

“No?”

“We’ll stick to the bet.” He said slowly. I didn’t like the gleam in his eyes.

“Are you sure?” I said in surprise.

“Yes, why aren’t you? Don’t you think you’ll be able to do it?”

“No of course I will.” I said quickly. JR gave a small smile and leant towards me. I sighed when I felt his lips touch mine. He kept this kiss slow and gentle, each of his hands on the side of my waist as he gently nibbled my bottom lip, tugging it slightly. His hands cupped my face as he delved into the kiss taking it deeper until I felt dizzy. He broke away from my lips and sent kisses to the corner of my mouth and leading down into my neck. My head fell forward on to his shoulder and I closed my eyes, trying to focus on standing up right. Finally he gave me one last peck on the lips and stepped back.

“Sorry about that.” He said casually. “I was just showing you what you’d be missing for two weeks.”

Valentines day was two weeks away.

“I said the deal was a joke.” I dismissed, putting my arms around his neck. “Nu uh uh uh.” JR sang, stepping out of the way of my reach. “You won so I shall do what we betted. A deal is a deal.”

“To hell with the dumb deal.” I mumbled.

“I’ll make you want me.” He stuck his tongue out.

“Oh please, I can resist you JR.” I rolled my eyes.

“It didn’t seem like it just then.” JR laughed. I lowered my head, blushing.

I knew what JR was going to do. Tease me for two weeks. How the hell had he managed to turn it around so it was like he’d won? Manipulative fool.

JR lifted my head with his finger. As he came closer, I thought he was going to kiss me again so I closed my eyes. 
“I’m going to make you beg for it.”


---------------

I updated this chapter from ages ago but I forgot to un tick the Hide Chapter box LOL I'm so stupid.