Kajima

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

All at once my eyes opened.

All I could see was white, the colour white all around me.

I closed my eyes.

The darkness enveloped me.

I opened them again.

And the whiteness was back.

Gradually I realised I was looking at the ceiling. I shifted my head to the right and saw an empty bed beside me.

I heard the clink of glass and the swish of water and then a cup was pressed against my lips.

“Here. Drink.”

I raised myself up and accepted the glass with my hands. Looking up, I saw JR sit back in his chair.

 “Hey JR,” I smiled. He smiled, but his eyes didn’t meet mine.

“I’m glad you’re feeling better.” He said, his voice was all formal and stiff.

“Yes I am.” I replied uncertainly. He looked at me almost curiously.

“Do you remember what happened?”

I closed my eyes and thought back. Like a jigsaw being put together piece by piece, it all came back to me. Tears were already falling down my cheeks when I opened my eyes.

“Is it true?” He whispered.

“If you’ll just let me explain.” I said, clutching his hands.

Without a word he turned and strode away.

-----------
“I’m really glad you’re okay.” HyeSu said, watching me anxiously. “But you’ve only just woken up; maybe you should stay and rest for a bit?”

“I’m fine. I’ve been unconscious for a long while, I’m sure I’ve rested enough.” I said shortly.

“But even the nurse was reluctant to let you go. I don’t think-”

“Well I don’t think it’s anything to do with you.”

HyeSu blinked, her eyes wide and big. I instantly felt awful.

“I didn’t mean that.” I ran my fingers down my face. “I didn’t mean any of that. I just really want to go to the studio. I’ll see you later.”

“He stayed by your bedside the whole time you know.” HyeSu said as I was about to go through the double doors. I paused. “From the moment we found you, he knew about you and Ren, but he still sat there and worried over you.”

I sighed and let my head fall on to the door.

“He’s hurting Minjae. Understand that.”

-----------------

He was in the dance studio, of course he was.

“What are you doing out of the hospital wing?” He frowned. “Did you get discharged?”

I nodded.

“I’m fine.”

He opened his mouth to say something but seemed to catch himself and closed his mouth, shrugging as if he didn’t care.

“Whatever.”

That hurt.

“We need to talk JR.” I said.

“No we don’t.”

He stopped me in my tracks. He leant against the mirror, his face leaning against the glass.

“It’s over Minjae.”

“No,” I whispered. All at once his fist hit the mirror,

“Don’t take me for an idiot.” He cried. “I’m not stupid.”

“I never said you were!” I gasped.

“How many times did you kiss?” He pulled at his hair. “Did you used to sneak off to him at night and get cosy? Was I even your first?”

My head jerked as if I’d been slapped.

“How can you say that? Of course you were my first!”

“Well how am I meant to know? I just don’t even know what to think any more.”

I ran over to him and took his hands tight in mine.

“I’m begging you to listen.” Tears were already falling down my cheeks. It’s like our relationship was a glass vase in mid fall, about to smash and there was nothing I could do to save it. “I kissed him once, to say goodbye, because I wanted to be with you. Please believe me, don’t throw away-”

“Don’t throw away?” JR wrenched his hands out of mine. “You’ve thrown this all away Minjae. I thought we were together…”

“We are!” I cried.

“…forever.” All the anger seemed to leave his body in one sigh. He came towards me and took my hands. Eyes closed, he kissed each one of my fingers and then drew me against his chest. I clutched him tight; burying my head into his chest, feeling his heart beat furiously. He drew back and gently my cheek, before latching his lips on to mine perfectly. His lips were soft and slow and his tongue gently flicked against mine. I hooked my arms around his neck and tried to tell him how much I loved him, hoping he was getting the same sensations I was, telling us we were meant to be together.

But all too soon I felt his hands unhooking my arms from around his neck and his lips broke away from me. His forehead rested against mine and I couldn’t tell if the wetness on my cheeks was from him or me.

“I loved you,” He whispered. “So damn much. You were everything to me.”

“It was just one kiss, I swear to you.”

“How can I believe you? How do I know that it was just one kiss? Whenever I’m with you I’ll always be wondering. It can’t work. I can’t let you do this to me.”

“I’ll beg if I have to JR,” I sniffed hard and wiped my eyes. “Is that what you want? For me to beg for your forgiveness?”

“What I wanted was to love you. It was as simple as that.”

He let go of my hands and walked over to the door of the studio, away from me.

“Kajima.”

The word slipped out from my lips, as the tears slipped down my cheeks. All of my emotions were in that single word. “Please don’t leave me.”

I stood with my back towards the door so I couldn’t see him.

There was a pause.

And then the soft thud of the door as it shut.

Silence.

I turned around.

But the room was empty except from me.

--------------

Hey guys sorry I havent updated in a while! It's because I've been really busy with college and stuff :'( I hope you're still enjoying the fanfiction and thanks so much for being patient and commenting! Hello to all my new subscribers, kisses for you! :3

Take care darlings <3