The Revelation

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

HyeSu and I thought we had seen the last of that .

It was not to be.

The next afternoon, after spending a relatively calm morning with the boys, me and HyeSu went to the dance studio, planning to practice our talent show routine.

We opened the doors to reveal a sight we didn’t want to see.

Su-Ji was dancing by the stereo. I had to admit she was good, she faultlessly followed the rhythm like they were related. Her hair whipped back and forth in a dance of its own. She was wearing tiny little shorts and a cute off top showing off her stomach. One of her friends was singing along to the song, hitting all the high notes riding the low ones.

I felt HyeSu stiffen beside me.

“Seems like we have competition.” I remarked casually, walking over.

I met Su-Ji’s gaze in the mirror. She didn’t stop dancing, she turned it up a notch, twisting her hands and body in ways that looked like she could dislocate all her bones in one go.

“Such a show off.” I mumbled grumpily. Su-Ji turned to me.

“A show off did you say?” Grinning, she leant against the mirror.

“I see you’re keeping your distance.” I said eyeing her.

“I don’t want your dity hands in my hair again. I had to wash it for hours.”

“You should be careful Su-Ji.” HyeSu said casually. “When you wake up one morning, you justmight be a tad short of a bit of hair.”

I laughed, imagining Su-ji bald.

“Witty remark HyeSu.” Su-Ji said. “But I have more things going for me then my hair. What do you have apart from a smart mouth?”

“A sharp slap.” HyeSu shot back.

“Such a pair of animals,” Su-Ji tutted pouting. “If you can’t think of a comeback then you resort to violence. Did your parents not teach you manners?”

“Oh yeah my parents taught me manners. And they taught me how to dress.” HyeSu looked pointedly at Su-Ji’s revealing clothes.

“If you’ve got it, flaunt it. That’s what I always say.” Su-Ji smirked

“If you’ve got the real it, then flaunt it.” HyeSu corrected. “Not the padded bra it.”

I had to bend down and hold my stomach while laughing. Su-Ji’s face flamed red and she crossed her arms over her chest protectively.

“You know what HyeSu you’re a .”

“Oh don’t shower me with compliments.” HyeSu said fanning her face.

“I could say one tiny thing, and your reputation as a singer would be ruined forever.” Su-Ji snarled.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” HyeSu replied.

“What is your problem Su-Ji, getting into everyone’s business.” I said.

“Oh that time it was entirely accidental.” Su-Ji dismissed, “Let me tell you a little story.” She sat down on the ground and crossed her legs. “One day when I was in second year, I had to go to the reception for something. The receptionist, clumsy idiot that she is, came into the office carrying a couple of files and managed to drop them all.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Where is this story going Su-Ji.”

“Wait, we’re getting to the good part. The of the story. So anyway I offered to help this ditzy receptionist pick up the files. Some pieces of papers had fallen out, and one of them had the most peculiar information in it.” She turned her eyes on HyeSu. “What’s on your medical records HyeSu?”

I looked at HyeSu. Her face had lost all colour and I could see her physically shaking.

“You...you can’t know.” She whispered.

“Oh believe me I do.” Su-Ji confirmed.

“HyeSu what’s she talking about.” I said uncertaintly.

In one movement, HyeSu was across the floor and right in front of Su-Ji’s face.

“You really should learn to stay out of other peoples business.” HyeSu snarled. She drew back a hand and slapped Su-Ji straight across the face. The impact was loud, I’m sure my Mum all they way at home would have heard of it.

“What is it that Jesus says? If they slap you, turn and let them slap you on the left cheek.” HyeSu roared.

Wham!

Another slap. So hard it knocked Su-Ji to the ground. I gasped, my eyes bulging out of my head. HyeSu looked ready to kill the girl with her bare hands.

“Why are you such an evil ?” I could see there were tears in HyeSu’s eyes. “What have I ever done to you? Don’t you understand what would happen to me if anyone found out?...”

Talking became too much for HyeSu, and sobbing, she ran from the room.