The Explanation

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

Without thinking, I turned and began to run.

"Where are you going?" Aron shouted.

"We can't just leave JR to face it by himself." I called over my shoulder. The ground thudded and I saw Baekho, pounding beside me.

We clattered into the school and raced through the corridors. All I could think about was that JR was going to get excluded, surely he was going to get excluded.  I bet Su-Ji was already on her way to the headmaster. What lie would me and HyeSu be able to come up with now? Su-Ji had caught him red handed in her room.

Stupid stupid heroic JR.

Finally we skidded to a halt outside of Su-Ji's door. 

She was hysterical. Screaming at JR, her face inches from his and bright red. She jabbed a finger into his chest again and again until I was sure there would be a permanent indentation.

"HOW DARE YOU COME IN TO MY ROOM." Su-Ji screamed. "YOU AND THAT . DON'T THINK I DIDN'T SEE HER. CLAMBERING OUT OF THE WINDOW. YOU ARE ING DEAD MEAT. AND SO IS MINJAE WHEN I ING CATCH HER."

"You don't have to catch me." I said calmly, stepping in to the room.

Su-Ji paused in her assault of JR and turned towards me. If looks could kill, I would have already been in the grave.

"You stupid immature ." Su-Ji hissed, advancing towards me. I swallowed hard but stood my ground, clenching my fists, preparing to duck if she threw a punch at me.

Su-JI drew her fist back, full of rage. I closed my eyes and waited.

Nothing happened.

Opening my eyes, I saw why Su-JI hadn't punched the hell out of me. JR held her fist tight in his own, stopping any movement. His jaw was set, a sign that he was furious.

"Were you really going to punch Minjae." He said quietly. His hand tightened. "I don't think you thought hard enough about that."

Baekho stepped into the room and lay a hand on JR's arm. 

"Calm down. You'll break her hand." He mumbled to JR. Breathing heavily, JR let go and came towards me, resting his hands on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" He asked earnestly. I nodded. Lowering his voice, JR said: "You shouldn't have come here. Now she'll know you were in here. Why didn't you let me take the blame."

I stepped out of his grasp.

"Because we promised remember?" I snapped. JR's eyes dropped to the ground to avoid mine.

"I couldn't let you get in trouble." He said quietly.

"And you think we would let you get in trouble?" I said. "You think I would just let you take the blame, get yourself excluded and sent home? That's not what friends do. Give me some credit JR."

Part of me felt guilty for speaking so harshly. He had after all been taking the blame for us. He himself knew there was a chance he was going to get kicked out of school, but he'd still took the blame. 

Su-Ji had Baekho and was shouting at him. He took it all with an amused look on his face that only enraged her further. 

"I don't get why you're so angry." JR said exasperated. 

"Because you are going to be in such deep , you might as well be in the toilet." I cried. 

"I'll probably get sent home." JR said casually.

"Why are you acting so calm! Do you want to go home?" I sighed.

"No of course not. But everyone will be able to manage without me."

"What the hell?" I said, astounded. "Nu'est won't have a leader, you'll be throwing away your whole singing career..."

"I wasn't thinking about Nu'est." JR interrupted, looking intently in to my eyes. "Or me."

I abruptly stopped talking.

"W-well you should be thinking about them." I stammered, twising my hands together.

JR bowed his head, his hair falling into his eyes.

"You're right." He whispered.

Aware of someone's gaze on me, I turned my head and looked right into the eyes of Su-JI. She had a calculating expression her face and was looking from me to JR. All at once she smiled smugly. I felt sick.

"You're right Baekho." Su-Ji said. "Maybe I won’t tell the Headmaster just now. Maybe I'll settle my revenge another way."

--------------------------

Sorry for any typos! Thank you for being so patient, I have been studying hard for my exams ;D Hwaiting! I might not update again until after 30th May but after that, I shall be updating regularly! Thanks for reading! Love you all :) <3