Breaking the News

Fairytale Endings

“I can’t believe this,” Tiffany said in disbelief, “Daddy, you don’t understand, I already have a boyfriend, Yunho. Yeah remember him?”

“Darling, don’t be ridiculous. Did you actually think that we would let you marry that boy?” Mrs. Hwang questioned her daughter, “Besides, the 4 of us had this deal even before the 2 of you were born.”

“Wait! Tiffany’s right, this isn’t fair. Mom, Dad you know that I’m not ready to settle down yet. And even if I was ready to settle down, I would want to pick my own wife,” Jaejoong stated.

“Jaejoong, honey, did you really think that we would trust you to make that kind of decision by yourself? I mean do you think we don’t know what kind of women hangout at those clubs you like to go to?” Mrs. Kim said.

“I have a suggestion. Why don’t we let the 2 of them get to know each other some more, I mean after all they haven’t known each other for a very long time yet and we just sprang the news on them,” Mr. Hwang suggested.

After thinking it over for a while the parents all agreed on the idea; however the kids still had objections.

“Mom and Dad, your being ridiculous, I already have a boyfriend. A boyfriend that I’m VERY serious about. And I have no intentions on being with anyone else but him. Now imagine what he’s gonna think or do if he finds out that I suddenly got myself a fiancé,” Tiffany said to her parents.

Then she turns and says, “No offense or anything, it’s not you really, it’s me.” to Jaejoong.

“None taken,” Jaejoong replies.

“Can’t you guys at least TRY? Tiffany you may find that Jaejoong is much better than Yunho in many ways,” Mr. Hwang says.

“And Jaejoong you might discover that Tiffany would have been the person you would have chosen if you had a choice,” Mr. Kim added.

Jaejoong and Tiffany look at each other for a long moment, as if they were mentally discussing this with each other. Finally after what seemed like forever to their parents, they came up with a compromise.

“Okay, we will agree to try to get to know each other, if you guys agree to not use the word “fiancé”, got it?” Tiffany stated.

“Fine,” the parents said in unison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiffany stood nervously in Yunho’s office as she waited for him to finish a meeting with some business partners.

“Hey baby, what are you doing here?” Yunho asked as he walked into his office with a puzzled look on his face. Tiffany rarely came to visit him in his office.

“I just wanted to see you oppa, is there something wrong with that?” she asked, pretending to be angry.

“Of course not, it’s just that you usually don’t come to the office unless you have something important to tell me,” he answered while hugging her from behind and giving her a kiss on the cheek. “So what’s up? Do you need to tell me something?”

“Hehe, oppa, you know me so well,” Tiffany replied with her beautiful eye smile. “But oppa you have to promise to be mad ok?”

“Uh oh, so it’s bad news?”

Taking a deep breath, Tiffany opened to break the news to her boyfriend, “Oppa, there is a slight possibility that my parents are trying to arrange a marriage for me…"

Yunho stood silent for a minute before exploding, “AN ARRANGE MARRIAGE?!? WHAT?!? HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN TIFFANY?!?!?!? WE HAD A PLAN! WHAT DO I MEAN TO YOU, HUH!? I CAN JUST BE REPLACED WITHOUT ANY CHANCE TO FIGHT???? WHO IS THIS GUY? TELL ME!!!!!”

“Oppa! Calm down! It’s not actually happening yet. My parents agreed to put it off for a while. You don’t have to fight with anyone, I’m all yours. Ok?” Tiffany assured her fuming boyfriend. She had a feeling this would happen.

“You better be all mine. I’m not gonna share you with anyone,” Yunho said as he hugged her tightly. He loved Tiffany so much, and he wouldn’t let anyone take her away without a fight.

“I am oppa, don’t worry” she assured, hugging him back.

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

One month later…

It’s been a month since the dinner announcement and Jaejoong and Tiffany have been getting along very well. One day Jaejoong came up with a plan that he found brilliant and planned to tell Tiffany that day at lunch.

At restaurant (sorry can’t think of a name)…

As Tiffany walked into the restaurant, she spotted Jaejoong at their usually table, happily drinking his water and wondered what he was thinking about.

“Hey, sorry I’m late again,” Tiffany apologized.

“No problem,” Jaejoong said smiling his y smile.

“What are you so happy about?” Tiffany asked unconsciously smiling as well.

“I came up with the most brilliant plan ever. It will not only please our parents but I think it’s something we can live with as well,” Jaejoong stated.

After a long moment of waiting for Jaejoong to say something, Tiffany finally asked impatiently what the plan was.

“Okay, we can ACT like we’re all in love and everything and tell our parents that we’re ready to get married, so that they can stop worrying about our situation. And after we get married, in front of everyone we can pretend like we’re totally in love with each other, but behind the scenes we can just be friends like we are now. You can continue being with Yunho and I don’t have to technically settle down yet…” Jaejoong said.

That’s when Tiffany couldn’t take it anymore; she had a major problem with this plan. “Whoa, okay stop right there! I have a bit of a problem with this plan. If I’m married to you, how am I supposed to marry Yunho?”

“Well if you’d let me finish, then you would know,” Jaejoong shot back. “Okay and after like a year or two of putting this perfect image up, we’ll “suddenly” start having problems in our relationship…and eventually like after maybe a month or two, we have a huge fight and decide to get a divorce, of course not fighting for any of each others assets or anything weird and stupid like that. Then after the divorce is finalized you can do whatever you want.”

“Okay I have another problem. How am I supposed to put up this perfect image and get married to you while still having a relationship with Yunho?” Tiffany asked.

“Simple. We tell him, and our friends. All we really fool is our parents.” Jaejoong stated proudly. “So what do say? Are you in or out?”

“In, definitely in.” Tiffany answered confidently.

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

Thanks everyone for subscribing

Comments Please! :D

HAPPY NEW YEARS!