To Ask or Not to Ask

Fairytale Endings

Should I ask her out?

Am I really over Tiffany?

Will she say yes or will she think that it’s wrong to go out with a guy that is already married? But she knows that Tiffany and I are going to get a divorce sooner or later.

Questions zoomed through Jaejoong’s head as he sat there at his desk thinking about what Tiffany had said to him the night before.

She told him to ask Yuri out but was he really ready?

A knock on the door interrupted his thought as he looked up to find Yuri there with a cup of coffee in her hand.

“Hey boss, how was your anniversary?” she asked lightly.

“Just another meal,” he answered plainly, but she wasn’t satisfied with that kind of answer.

“What do you mean just another ‘meal’? It was your one year anniversary for crying out loud! Didn’t you plan anything special or did you seriously just go out to dinner with her like you would have if it was me?”

“Yes, what else am I suppose to do with a wife that doesn’t even love me?” he replied.

“You’re kidding right? I mean how could you? No matter what her feelings for you are, she is still your wife and you should still do something special for your anniversary. Especially since it was your first, that’s celebrating that you’ve made it through your first and hardest year of marriage together, and you just totally blew it off like it means nothing to you at all,” she said angrily. She couldn’t believe how insensitive her boss was being. She could see it in Tiffany’s eyes last night that she was really expecting something spectacular. If only she had known about the anniversary, she would have planned something special for them.

“Yuri, willyougoouttodinnerwithmetomorrownight?” Jaejoong blurted out, out of nowhere. There, he asked, now at least he can say he tried.

“What?”

“Will you go out to dinner with me tomorrow night? I know it’s a Saturday and you might have plans already and it’s alright if you do, it’s just that I still owe you a dinner and I want to make it up to you,” he explained.

“You mean like a date?” she asked carefully, she didn’t want to get the wrong idea if he just meant that he just wanted to repay her for working overtime.

“Yeah, like a date. So what do you say, do you want to or not?” Jaejoong asked with a hopeful expression.

“Why not,” she asked herself, “you know that you like him and that this is like a dream come true for you, so give it a try, what’s the worst that could happen? So what if he breaks your heart, you’ve been through that kind of pain before. On the other hand, he’s a married man. Even if they marriage is only in name, if we get caught that would create a lot of bad press of Jaejoong and Tiffany. AHHHH!!!”

“I don’t know boss, you’re married already. I really don’t think it’s a good idea for you to ask me out on a date the day after your one year anniversary,” Yuri replied skeptically.

“Well if I ask you tomorrow, two days after my anniversary, will you say yes?” Jaejoong asked back.

“That’s not the point and you know it.”

“Then what is the point?”

“The point is that you are a married man, and like it or not, if we get caught it means bad news for you and Tiffany. And second, you’re my boss. If I go out on a date with you that would shatter the whole professionalism thing,” Yuri pointed out the obvious points to him. Although she did really like Jaejoong, I mean who wouldn’t? She had to think logically.

“Yuri, you know that Tiffany and I are a fake couple. Would it make you feel better if I told you that Tiffany encouraged me to ask you out last night? As for the professionalism thing, if you think it’s weird to go on a date with your boss then don’t think of it as a date. Think of it as a friendly dinner between a boss and his employee,” Jaejoong tried to use his most convincing voice to persuade her. Was he losing his touch, why do the two women he actually seriously like both have to find some sort of excuse not to like him?

“Well I guess one dinner won’t hurt, right?” Yuri said, starting to give in to the temptation.

“Exactly, pick you up at 7 tomorrow night?” Jaejoong asked with a smile.

“That sounds perfect,” Yuri answered with a smile.

=====================================================================================

“Honey, what’s wrong?” Yunho asked as he put a cup of tea in front of her.

“Nothing, just wondering if Jaejoong asked Yuri out yet,” Tiffany answered as she picked up her tea and took a sip.

“Why are you so nervous? Why does it matter if he asked her out yet?” he asked with a frown. All Tiffany could talk about lately was Jaejoong. It was really starting to get on his nerves. Did her heart still belong solely to him? She had promised that he wouldn’t have to share her too much when he has agreed to the deal, but lately it seems like he has had to share her a lot more than originally planned.

“Because I want him to be happy too, just like us,” she said sweetly. They had just made up from yet another fight and she wanted to make sure that another fight wouldn’t come along any time soon.

“Are we? Are we really happy like this? Dating undercover, being together secretly, are you really happy like this Tiffany, because I’m not. I’m tired of having to hide our relationship, of having to lie to my parents about my love life. Did you know that they’re trying to set me up with Yoona?” he said angrily.

“Im Yoona?” she asked quietly.

“Yes, Im Yoona! Tiffany, for the last year, I have been dodging my parents’ demand for me to find someone and I’m really tired. I don’t like pretending and you know I don’t.”

“You know that my dad’s health is bad right now, I can’t just spring a divorce on him. I don’t think he could handle it,” she defended herself. Why did it always come down to this? Why did they always have to fight?

“Is it really about your dad’s health or do you just want to stay by Jaejoong side for as long as you can?” he continued his questioning.

“No! How could you say that when you know that I love you?! Jaejoong said that we can get a divorce once my dad’s health gets better. It’s going to happen soon, we’re just waiting for the right time!” Tiffany exclaimed not believing what she was hearing.

After hearing Tiffany’s words, Yunho seemed to have calmed down a bit, “Are you sure that that’s what he said? Tiffany, I can tell that Jaejoong has something for you, are you sure that he really means that and that he is not gonna go back on his word?”

“There are not many things I’m sure of in this world, but if there’s one thing I’m sure of, is that Jaejoong is a man of his word and he wouldn’t break a promise unless the person he made it to said it was okay,” she said confidently.

“As long as you’re sure, then I trust you,” he said as he embraced her. Soon, soon he will be able to have her all to himself again. He was so tired of sharing his girlfriend. Tiffany belonged to him, and he wouldn’t let Kim Jaejoong ruin that for him.

Tiffany sighed in relief, glad that she was able to avoid another big fight with Yunho. She was getting tired. This double life she was juggling was getting so tiring. Soon, as soon as her dad’s health got better, she would fix this double life and be able to concentrate on a future with Yunho.

….if that was what she still wanted…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

Jaefany? Jaeri? Yunfany? Who who who!?!?!?

Next chapter…Jaejoong’s date with Yuri.

COMMENTS and SUBSCRIPTIONS PLEASE!!!!