Divorce

Fairytale Endings

“Sica, what to think I should do?” Tiffany asked depressingly. No, she wasn’t still sulking over Yunho, she was sulking over Jaejoong.

She didn’t want him to leave her, but how was she supposed to tell him that? He looked so happy with Yuri. She was always over at their house. HER HOUSE that she was supposed to share with HER HUSBAND.  At least when she was going out with Yunho, she only bought him over when she knew Jaejoong wasn’t going to be home.

“I think you should tell him. Great guys like Jaejoong don’t come around often and if you let him go, who know when another one is going to come?” Jessica advised.

“Yeah, I almost let Junsu go when we first started going out cause I thought he was just playing around with me but I’m so glad I didn’t because I don’t know where I would find another great guy like him. And if you let Jaejoong go, you’re gonna regret it for the rest of your life,” Taeyeon added.

They were right and she knew it. Jaejoong is such a great guy and she wanted to kill herself for not noticing earlier. “I guess I was too blinded by Yunho’s fake love to realize who was really best for me,” she thought to herself. “Now I’m too late. He already has Yuri.”

“Don’t give up. No matter what, as long as he’s not telling you he wants a divorce, you still have a chance,” Jessica encouraged.

Just Jessica was about to say something else, Tiffany’s phone started vibrating; it was a text from Jaejoong:

*Hey! How about lunch at our usual place? I have something to tell you.*

*Sure, see you in five minutes* she replied.

“Who is it? What is it about?” Jessica asked curiously.

“It’s Jaejoong he wants to have lunch with me; he says he has something to say,”

“Well what are you waiting for then? This is your perfect chance to tell him your feelings,” Jessica said giving her a push. Tiffany really needed and deserved this, after all that Yunho had put her through. She needed a Prince Charming to treat as the princess she deserved to be.

=====================================================================================

*restaurant*

“Hey,” he greeted as Tiffany approached the table, “what’s up?”

“Nothing much, I was just hanging out with Jessica and Taeyeon before.” She answered, “What are you up to?”

“Nothing much either, I’ve just been doing some thinking lately. Tiffany, you know I’m not the kind of person who likes to beat around the bush so I’m just gonna come out and say it-- I want to get a divorce,” Jaejoong said.

“Wh…what? I don’t understand. Why?” she asked feeling tears well up in her eyes.

“I don’t think it’s fair to both of us. It’s useless for us to keep pretending, it’s obviously not gonna work. And now that your dad’s health is getting a lot better I think we should just end it,” he explained.

“Bu…but I don’t understand, why now?” she asked again in a desperate tone as tears started falling from her eyes.

Yeah, why now of all times, why couldn’t he say this before she fell for him?

“Tiffany, I really like Yuri, and I want to be able to give her a proper place in my life instead having to go about our relationship secretly,” he further explained. He thought about it long and hard, and he decided that he wanted to be with Yuri and in order to do that he needed to divorce Tiffany.

“Jaejoong, I have to get this out before we do anything else with our relationship. Jaejoong….I love you. I don’t know when it happened or how it happened, it just did and I want you to know before you say anything else,” she blurted out as more tears started streaming down her face.

“If only you would have said that before I met Yuri. A couple months ago I would have killed to hear you say that but now everything’s different. I found Yuri and I want to be with her,” Jaejoong said with tears slightly welling up in his eyes too. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, I understand. I could never ask you to give up your happiness, especially after all you put up with, with my relationship with Yunho. As for the divorce, we can go to our parents tomorrow and announce it, then we can go to the lawyer and get it all straightened out,” Tiffany said as she attempted to dry her tears, but unfortunately they just kept rolling down her face. Unable to take another second of sitting with Jaejoong, she got up and left.

After Tiffany left, Jaejoong just sat there and thought about the conversation they just had.

Tiffany loved him.

They were getting a divorce.

He had chosen Yuri.

How was he supposed to show Yuri to his parents? They would think that she had ruined his relationship with Tiffany and they would never accept her as part of the family and would never approve of them being together.

He thought that he wouldn’t be able to let Tiffany go. He told himself he couldn’t be selfish. That it would be unfair to both Yuri and Tiffany, so he had to choose. So he chose the one that made him happiest. And that was Yuri.

If that was true then… why did his heart ache so much at the thought of not being with Tiffany? But it was too late to think of all of that, he had already broken the news to Tiffany. The hardest part was over. Or so he thought…

=====================================================================================

“Yuri, I getting a divorce with Tiffany,”

“What?” was all that came out of when he made his announcement that night while they were lying in bed together.

“I want to be able to give us a future and in order to do that, I have to get a divorce from Tiffany,” Jaejoong explained.

“Bu…but what will you parents think? They’ll think that I ruined your relationship; that I’m the third wheel; that I came between you and Tiffany. I don’t want your parents to hate me, Jaejoong,” she protested. But the truth was that she sensed that Tiffany was in love with Jaejoong and she didn’t want to get in the middle of that.

“They’ll understand, I know they will,” he said insuring her that everything was going to be okay, although he wasn’t too sure himself.

=====================================================================================

“WHAT!!!!! You have got to be kidding me?!? This is absurd!” Mrs. Kim exclaimed when Jaejoong and Tiffany announced that they were filing for divorce.

“Mom, calm down,” Jaejoong said in attempt to calm his enraged mother down.

“Don’t call me Mom. I don’t have a son like you,” Mrs. Kim said turning the other way.

“Mom…I mean Auntie, it’s not Jaejoong’s fault. It’s all my fault,” Tiffany said. She had thought long and hard about this and she decided to come clean and tell their parents the truth.

“Honey, what are you talking about?” Mrs. Hwang asked her daughter. She was almost as enraged as Mrs. Kim was. Divorce would be terrible. Tiffany and Jaejoong were the perfect couple…where did it go wrong?

“The truth is…we were never a real couple, we made up the whole ‘perfect couple’ thing to fool you guys. When you guys announced our arrangement, I was still in love with Yunho and Jaejoong didn’t want to settle down yet, so Jaejoong and I came up with a plan so that I could still be with Yunho and he could still be a bachelor like he wanted to be. But eventually Jaejoong found his perfect match and I found out that Yunho was cheating on me, so here we are today. The reason we want to get a divorce is because I want Jaejoong to have the kind of happiness I used to have Yunho, and he wants to give Yuri the kind of future she deserves,” Tiffany said with a sigh, it felt nice to get everything out.

“You mean this entire time, you two have been putting up a complete act? You’ve been playing us like fools?” Mr. Hwang asked.

“Sorry Dad…I mean Uncle,” Jaejoong apologized. This must be especially hard on Uncle Hwang, he was just recovering from some heart problems he was having.

“It’s alright, we understand. We did kind of push this whole thing at you, even though we knew that you both had things going for you already. And I’m happy that Jaejoong was able to find someone that he really loves…she must be something really special, you better hold on to her,” Mr. Hwang replied understandingly. He had almost same thing happened to him when he was Jaejoong’s age. He had been in love with Mrs. Hwang but his parents tried to force another relationship onto him, but thankfully he was able to stop it before it went as far as Jaejoong and Tiffany’s did. Now they had an ugly divorce to go through with.

“Yeah she is. And Mom and Dad I really hope you guys can accept her and not think of her as the third wheel that broke our relationship because that really not how it is,” Jaejoong said.

“Yes, son, we understand, we should have never forced this marriage on you guys, and we’re sorry too,” said Mr Kim. Now that he thought of it, he should have gotten Jaejoong’s consent before he even bought up the marriage. He had lost his first love to an arranged marriage and he had promised himself that he wouldn’t be one of those parents that forced things onto their kids, but he ended up turning into one.

“And Mom, are we okay?” Jaejoong asked Mrs. Kim uncertainly.

“That depends on this Yuri girl. I swear to God, Kim Jaejoong if you traded Tiffany for some , I swear I’ll disown you,” Mrs. Kim threatened, but a small smile was creeping up on her face. What her husband said had made sense. They shouldn’t have forced a marriage on him. She should have known from past experience that arranged marriages are always difficult. Her own marriage was on the brink of divorce when she and her husband had first gotten married. Thankfully everything worked out for the better; maybe she was just wishing that Jaejoong’s marriage would work out the same.

Jaejoong smiled back, knowing that his mother was slowly cracking. He was confident that his parents would love Yuri just as much as they had loved Tiffany, “Oh don’t worry Mom… you’ll love her.  

=====================================================================================

Author’s Note:

Hey guys THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the comments they were amazing and motivated me to update faster, so KEEP THEM COMING!! And don’t work Jaefany might still be possible; just keep in mind that Yuri is one of the most understanding and giving people EVER!!

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!! =)