Giving Up

Fairytale Endings

They door opened to reveal three very handsome men in perfectly tailored suits.

“Are you ladies ready for a night to remember?” Junsu asked as he approached Taeyeon with a smile.

“Why yes we are. Now let’s get this party started!” Taeyeon replied excited as they headed for the ball room.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Care for a dance?” he asked as she turned to face him.

“Why, yes. I would love to dance with my husband” she said with a grin as he led her out onto the dance floor.

Conversation flowed easily between them as they swayed to the gentle music in the background.

“How’s your night so far? Not too boring I hope,” Jaejoong asked with a smile on his face. He felt so complete with her in his arms.

“Not bad, I have some of my closest friends to keep me company. How can I be lonely or bored?” Tiffany answered, returning his smile with a gorgeous one of her own.

“What about you? Has your special lady arrived yet?” she asked, her voice full of wonder.

“Yeah but I don’t know how to tell her,” Jaejoong said uncertainly.

“The great Kim Jaejoong is too nervous to approach a woman, this is unheard of!” she exclaimed a little too loudly. The couples around them all turned to stare at them with weird looks.

“Way to be discreet Tiff. Well the ‘great’ Kim Jaejoong doesn’t seem so great anymore, does he? What do I do?” he asked in a hush voice, not wanting to be overheard.

“Well first, go up to her and asked for a dance first. Then as you’re slowly gaining confidence, then bring her closer and ask her to go to the back garden with you, but make sure you don’t get caught, and tell her the truth,” Tiffany advised with a giggle, as the song ended.

“Jaejoong FIGHTING!” she said before heading off to find her lover.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Everything was going just as planned. The ball was going very well and their parents were definitely happy with how loving they looked. The big moment was coming up soon and the only question was…

Could he do it?

She had been bugging him all night about it. If only she knew that he was really planning on confessing his love to her and not some other girl that he had led her to believe he was in love with.

There she was, dancing with Yunho once again, and he wasn’t happy. This was their third dance together tonight and he only got one with her so far. Then the song ended. “Thank god” thought Jaejoong as he approached Tiffany, hoping to get another dance with her. But as he got closer, she suddenly turns to leave.

His eyes followed her as she left the room into the back garden, followed shortly by Yunho.

“What are they doing?” Jaejoong thought.

Then without another thought he walked toward the back door and into the back garden.

There he saw two in each other’s arms…kissing.

Did they have now shame? Weren’t they scared they’d get caught by someone? Didn’t Tiffany have any idea how he felt?

As all these questions were spinning through his head, something finally clicked…something that should have clicked a long, long time ago.

Tiffany didn’t love him…and never will. Her heart beats solely for Yunho and there was no room for anyone else in there. He was an idiot thinking that she was going to love him like he loved her.

Then he turned and walked away.

He hated them. Both of them. He hated Tiffany for making him fall for her, when she had no intentions of ever loving him back. He hated Yunho for having the love that he longed to have. From that moment on he would no longer love Tiffany, because it would only hurt him in the long run. In fact, he was already hurt. If he didn’t love her then seeing them kiss each other wouldn’t have been a big deal.

When he got inside he saw his two best friends with the loves of their lives in their arms. They looked like the happiest people on earth. He wanted to be like them so bad, to have someone to come home to.  But instead of having a loving wife to come home to, he had an empty house.

He needed to find himself someone to make this wound in his heart go away. Only a little while longer, it was only a matter of time before he and Tiffany got a divorce. Then she could be with Yunho and hopefully… he would have found his love by then as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

*after the party…at Tiffany and Jaejoong’s house*

He walked up the stairs with a heavy heart. After the party he went to the bar and had a few drinks in attempt to get drunk. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out as planned because he came home as sober as ever.

Suddenly he heard moans and groans from the guest room.

No.

Weren’t they at Yunho’s place tonight? Why would they be here?

Going over to the door, he heard it more distinctly. They were having in the guest room.

Great, just what he needed. What a great way to start forgetting. Coming home to find that the woman you’re trying to forget is having in your own house with another man.

He couldn’t take it anymore. Why was he listening anyways? It is none of his business what they do with each other. This was just as much her house as it was his. If she wanted to ‘entertain’ guest, then who was he to say no?

Maybe they should a divorce earlier than planned. That way he can tell his parents he tried and she can be with Yunho as much as she pleases without risking getting caught.

Entering his room, he immediately plopped onto the bed, thinking.

*Jaejoong’s P.O.V*

How comes the world is so unfair. Yoochun, Junsu, and I all grew up together. We always got the same stuff. But how comes they can find true love so easily and yet I have to stand on the sideline and wait for my turn.

What does Yunho have that I don’t have?

Money? No way, why would Tiffany even care about that? Her family has plenty of money without anyone’s help.

Looks? He definitely didn’t lose to Yunho in this category. He might not be much better, but he definitely was not worse.

Status? Can’t be that either, the Kims are one of the richest families in Korea. They are at the top of high society.

Then what? This was fair beyond his comprehension. Maybe he just needed a good night sleep to get away from it all. And that’s exactly what he did.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s note:

Sorry for the long wait. It’s the end of senior year, and everything seems to still be piling up. I hope you enjoyed it and definitely let me know how you feel, don’t hold back. The more comments the better!