Together at Last

Fairytale Endings

She had a weird feeling when the she heard the knock at her apartment door,

…but seeing her at the door was the last thing she would have imagined.

Wasn’t Yuri supposed to be on her honeymoon right now? What was she doing here in New York? There was pretty much no way that they would have planned their honeymoon in New York. And even if they did, why would Yuri come visit her when she could be enjoying some quality time with her new husband? None of it made sense…and it only got more confusing when she started to talk.

“You’re probably wondering why I’m here, huh?” Yuri guessed with a laugh. “I decided to call off the wedding with Jaejoong.”

“WHAT!?!” Tiffany wanted to yell, but she quickly composed herself.

“What? Why did you do that” she asked instead.

“Because I could tell that his heart was still with you and why would I marry a guy that still had feelings for another woman when I could do much better?”

“What? Okay now you’ve completely lost me,” Tiffany said with a perplexed look.

With a laugh, Yuri continued, “He loves YOU, Tiffany. He always has and probably always will. Even when we were planning the wedding, I could tell that his heart wasn’t with it. His brain was forcing him to go with it even though his heart knew it wouldn’t work out. He even tried up to the very last minute to tell himself I was the one. That’s when I knew I had to step in and stop it myself. So I talked to his parents the night before and told them everything. They were a little mad at first and then understood and said they only wanted Jaejoong to be happy. Then I wrote him a note telling him to go after you, gave him a plane ticket to New York and left.”

“You have got to be kidding me?” Tiffany asked, astonished. After all this pain and absolute crap, she finally finds out that Jaejoong is in love with her. Was she getting punk’d or something?

“No way! Why would joke about something this important. I wouldn’t just throw away a marriage to a great guy for nothing, Tiffany. There’s had got to be some pretty good reason behind it, and this was a good enough reason.”

“B..but he told me that he loves you and wants to be with you. How could he be in love with me if he wants to be with you?” Tiffany questioned. She just couldn’t wrap her mind around this idea that he loves her and not Yuri.

“He was lying, to everyone, including himself. He thought that he was in love with me because you hurt him before and he didn’t want that for himself again and he thought that he could be happy being with me. But he really wasn’t, I could tell he thought about you all the time. And the way he looked when he talked to you on the phone was like the final confirmation that he still loves you,” Yuri said with a smile when she sees that surprised look on Tiffany’s face; it was truly priceless.

“I can’t believe it. I don’t believe it. I left him so that he could be happy with you and you just walk out on him? How could you do that?”

Another smile curled on her lips, Tiffany really was impossible, “Tiffany, trust me, he loves you. He probably sitting at home right now, packing, and getting ready to come see you.”

“Really?”

()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()

“What should I do? Should I go and see her? What if she’s already moved on, and then I would have lost two great women because of my stupidity,” Jaejoong said while staring at the plane ticket that Yuri had given him. It was for a flight taking off the next day.

“I’m glad you finally realize that now. But I say you go for it and take a chance for once,” Junsu encouraged. Jaejoong was really stupid sometimes when it came to love. He had always been a playboy and never really took relationships seriously until he met Tiffany, then Yuri.

“Yeah and Tiffany hasn’t moved on yet, trust me. Jessica says that she still loves you and is in a great deal of pain thinking that you married Yuri and is living happily ever after,” Yoochun added. He really wanted Jaejoong to be happy like he and Junsu were and since it seems like Tiffany is still in his heart, he should go for it.

“You really think so?” Jaejoong asked, still uncertain.

“Yeah, what’s there to lose, man? You deserve to be happy. And Tiffany deserves to be happy. You can make each other happy. I don’t see a down side here?” Junsu pointed out.

“Yeah! You’re right! I’m gonna go after her, just like I should have last time. Now either help me pack or get out of my way!” Jaejoong said enthusiastically. Finally, he felt like he was doing something right.

()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()_()

She had another weird feeling when she heard the knock at her door.

“Could it be him?” she asked herself.

Could everything that Yuri had told her be true? That he really did still love her?

She took a deep breath as she opened the door, and was suddenly embraced by a strong set of arms. “I missed you…I love you.”

Her breath stopped in . Was it really real? Did she just hear the voice she thought she just heard?

“Jaejoong,” she barely managed a whisper.

Then she suddenly felt a pair of gentle lips on hers, kissing her slowing yet passionately. It was like the kiss was telling her everything she needed to know. Everything she needed to confirm that he really does still love her. It was all so surreal.

Then just as suddenly as it had started, the kiss ended.

“Tiffany, I missed you so much. I never really realized how much you meant to me until Yuri pointed it out. I thought I loved her, the same I love you but I really didn’t. I love her like a sister or a really good friend, but I love you like…like a lover. I regret ever letting you go but I’m not gonna let that happen again, I’m not gonna let you go again. Even if you tell me that you don’t love me anymore, I’m….”

Jaejoong’s long love confession was cut short by Tiffany’s lips. It was her way of telling him that she knew exactly what he was trying to get at.

“You don’t have to say anymore. I love you too. I really, really, really love you. I hate myself for wasting all that time with Yunho instead of being with you. I’m sorry…forgive me?” Tiffany gave her own little confession.

Jaejoong gave a sigh of relief. All the stress he had been going through on the plane was now lifted. Tiffany stilled loved him. And he most certainly loves her. Everything worked out so nicely.

“Thank you, Tiffany. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for not giving up on me and waiting.”

“No, thank YOU, Jaejoong. For loving me and not giving up and being patient. Thank you so much!” Tiffany said with tears in her eyes. Everything was finally going the right way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENTS PLEASE!