The Meeting

Fairytale Endings

Jaejoong took another sip of his drink as he sat patiently waiting for best friends, Yoochun and Junsu, to arrive for their lunch appointment. While he was waiting, he was thinking of what his mother had said to him this morning..."Don't you dare go out partying tonight, do you hear me!?! We have very important guests coming over tonight for dinner, so be ready by 8 o'clock SHARP! I want you to meet a VERY special person. So don't be late, UNDERSTOOD!?!” What did she mean by that? Who was this "special" person? Jaejoong was still in deep thought when Yoochun and Junsu arrived. As they approached their table they found Jaejoong in deep thought.

"Yo man, what's up?" Junsu asked curiously. When he realized that Jaejoong wasn't paying attention, he started waving his hand in front of Jaejoong's face, frantically trying to get his attention.

"Earth to Jaejoong!" he nearly shouted in his squeaky dolphin voice, trying to get his best friend's attention. Finally he got Jaejoong to snap out of it.

"Huh? What's going on?" Jaejoong looked around confused.

"We should be asking YOU that, not the other way around," Yoochun replied with a grin his handsome face, obviously amused by the clueless ness on his friend’s face.

“Dude, what’s wrong with you?” Junsu asked.

“Nothing, just thinking about what my mom said to me this morning, something about meeting a “special” someone. I guess it just has me a little scared,” Jaejoong answered truthfully. He was never really one to beat around the bush about what was on his mind.

“I bet I know what it is,” Yoochun said slyly.

 “What?” Jaejoong asked curiously as he sat up straighter in his seat.

“She’s trying to fix you up with some dumb, overly pampered princess with a rich family and a high status. Simple as that,” Yoochun stated while giving Jaejoong a “duh” look.

“You’re kidding, right?” Jaejoong said with a horrified expression on his handsome face.

“Nope,” Yoochun replied simply with a grin.

“Jaejoong’s getting a fiancé tonight,” Junsu teased just as amused as Yoochun.

“This is terrible, what am I supposed to do?” Jaejoong asked. He buried his face in his hands in frustration. He doesn’t need a wife, let alone some rich, overly pampered .

“Wait and hope that she’s pretty and not a pest,” Junsu answered.

“But I’m not ready for this. I not ready to settle down. Help me!” Jaejoong begged, almost desperately.

“Hey settling down isn’t that bad, that is when you have the right girl…like Jessica for me,” Yoochun said with a dreamy grin at the thought of his girlfriend and soon to be fiancé Jessica Jung. He was just waiting on the ring that he had specially made just for her. They spent the rest of their lunch break talking about Jaejoong’s problems and possible solutions for them. They also talked about who the girl might be, meanwhile….

“I can’t BELIEVE this,” Tiffany Hwang nearly screamed to her best friend Jessica when Jessica told her about the possible motive behind tonight’s dinner at one of her parents’ friends’ house. She couldn’t believe her parents would actually do this to her. She knew that they didn’t exactly approve of her current boyfriend, Yunho, but it wasn’t like he didn’t come from a rich, well- brought up family with a good strong background. She didn’t see anything wrong with him; he was her very own Prince Charming.

“Calm down, it’s only a possibility, okay,” Jessica said, trying to calm her best friend down. Even though she found the situation hilarious, she didn’t dare say a word because she knew that it would only make things worse.

“Jessica, what am I gonna do. I mean I have a boyfriend already; one that I think is the one for me. I don’t want or need my parents to interrupt with my love life. Why can’t they just be happy for me like your parents are happy for you and Yoochun?” Tiffany whined. Jessica smiled brightly at the mention of her beloved boyfriend’s name. He was so perfect, if only he would purpose to her already. For the rest of the afternoon, the girls talked in Tiffany’s room about their problems and got caught up with each other since Tiffany was gone for so many years in America to study.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

At the Kim Mansion

The doorbell rang just as Jaejoong was descending from the stairs, looking very dashing in a light blue Armani button down and black dress pants. His heart skipped a beat when he saw the beautiful creature that just entered the door. Then he thought “probably annoying and needy like all the rest of them.” But Tiffany did indeed look stunning in her new Dolce & Gabbana dress that she bought yesterday with Jessica at the mall. Her breath caught when she say the handsome man at the bottom of the staring at her. But then she thought of Yunho and was able to breathe again.

“Jaejoong, stop staring and get over here,” Mrs. Kim scolded. Jaejoong blushed in embarrassment and went toward his parents and the guests.

“Jaejoong, this is Mr. and Mrs. Hwang two of our oldest and dearest friends, and their lovely daughter, Tiffany. This is our son Jaejoong,” Mrs. Kim introduced happily.

“Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Hwang…and you too Tiffany,” Jaejoong greeted politely.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too, Jaejoong” Tiffany replied with her beautiful eye smile.

“Well, now that the introductions are done, let’s get dinner started!” Mr. Kim said happily. Dinner went very smoothly, everyone dinned and chatted happily. Mr. Kim and Mr. Hwang talked business while Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Hwang gossiped about the latest news, leaving the kids to make conversation which was surprisingly easy. They talked about their interests and found out that their best friends were dating each other! When dessert was served Mr. Kim and Mr. Hwang both rose from their seats looking serious and excited at the same time.

“Excuse me, but Mr. Hwang and I have a very important announcement to make,” Mr. Kim started.

“This announcement will change both our families’ lives,” Mr. Hwang continued and looked at his wife and then at Mrs. Kim, who were looking very excited. Then he looked at the kids, who both wore worried looks on their faces.

“Jaejoong…Tiffany, all four of us are very excited to announce that we have decided to marry you two!” Mr. Kim announced excitedly.

That’s when both Tiffany and Jaejoong yelled in terror, “WHAT!”

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Author’s Note: Sorry for any and all mistakes in the chapter. As for the announcement part…I wasn’t really sure how to say it so sorry if it sounded really lame and weird to you. Also sorry for all the Mr. and Mrs. Stuff…I’m not good at making up names COMMENT PLEASE!