- 2 -

Revenge or Matchmaking?

 

Min shyly stepped up to Myungsoo’s locker. Why did she even feel like this when he wasn’t even here? She sighed. She’d better be quick before the teacher suspected that her toilet break was slightly longer than needed. Before she hesitated, she quickly slipped an envelope into the holes of the locker and promptly walked back to class.

Min was deep in her thoughts for the rest of class, thinking of Myungsoo. Although, he was a known player, Min thought she could change him and make him fall in love with her. She had a few doubts because she wasn’t the y type – and that was Myungsoo’s ideal. She bit her lip, starting to regret the confession letter, but now she couldn’t do anything about it.

At lunchtime, Myungsoo opened his locker and took out his books. He glanced at a letter on top of his maths book. In neat letters was his name. He opened it up, a cocky smile lighting up on his face. It’d be terribly rude not to reply.

---

Min met him at the gates where she was told by him at lunchtime. She couldn’t deny how nervous she was. She squint her eyes at Myungsoo who was walking towards her. She quickly straightened her skirt and played with the zipper of her jacket anxiously.

Myungsoo smiled at her. For once it seemed like a genuine one and her heart skipped a beat. He opened his mouth to start talking.

“Min, I like you too. I would more than gladly be your boyfriend.” He shot her an eye smile, which she melted at. She instantly went up to hug him. She didn’t think twice that Myungsoo wanted a taste of something new, someone not y, but cute and Min was the perfect role. She believed that he actually liked her and she was the one that could change her playboy ways. Psh – she watches too many dramas.

----

“But mum! I’m not dating any more than one girl now. I showed her to you! Min; I showed her to you last week. You know the one with the cute, bubbly face?” Myungsoo’s mum sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration.

“Last week, you showed me Fei! And she was dressed up totally inappropriately for a dinner!”

Myungsoo gulped after being caught by his mother. He was going to send him on another arranged date to attempt to stop him from his playing. It would probably be with another girl which his mother fancied. She always found the smartest girls, hoping they would influence him and he was hoping he wouldn’t have to go through this process again.

Myungsoo thought that his mothers’ ideas were stupid. Why couldn’t she accept that he was a player? He rolled his eyes, watching his mother search through her endless phonebook of friends.

---

Myungsoo walked into the restaurant in his suit. He sat down and waited impatiently, eager to go meet Fei. A girl then walked in and sat down on his table.

“Hello, I’m Jia,” she greeted cheerfully. Myungsoo didn’t bother to look up, having the feeling that his mother would probably have set him up with someone ugly, and he’d have to keep saying that he wasn’t interested.

“Use formalities please”, he gritted through his teeth.

“Yes…” she said, turning uninterested at the unfriendly person in front of her. She buried her head into the menu, but not before giving him a small glare that went unseen.

When he finally looked up, he was surprised to see a pretty girl look at him. Being the playboy he was, he immediately adjusted and turned polite all of a sudden.

“Drop the formalities, Jia. Call me Myungsoo oppa.” He smiled at her. Jia just rolled her eyes and scoffed in disbelief. Only after he had seen her, did he become so polite. She sighed and sat down.

Jia then looked at Myungsoo carefully. She then forgot about his rudeness for a while and just stared at his face, seeing every detail from his perfect eyes to his perfect lips. Everything about him seemed perfect. Jia was then lost in Myungsoo’s face and only did then; she knew she had fallen in love with him at first sight.