CHAPTER 8

Revenge or Matchmaking?

The girls turned around to see Sungjong with an amused expression. He was leaning on the wall and walked over to them. Suzy was surprised how much his personality changed from this morning. Then, he was cute. Now he was, sort of cool. And from Suzy’s description of Sungjong Fei and Jia could tell the person standing in front of them was him.

Fei groaned.

“How much did you hear? And forget it. We don’t need your help.”

He kept his amused face and replied,

“Heard enough to know that you’re just pretending to be a right now. And you’d like it if I helped. I have a whole load of information that you’d like. I was his friend after all.”

“How can we trust that you’re just pretending?”,

Min interrupted.

“I’ll tell you something now. He’s a big fanboy of Miss A. It’d ruin his reputation if anyone knew.”

Jia fought back a laugh. It was sort of funny imagining the hot Myungsoo…fanboying over Miss A.

“See, what did I tell you? If you guys are laughing right now imagine the whole school. Now spill on the plan.”

Sungjong pretended not to know a thing about the exes. Because it’d be creepy if he told them how he knew and he’d drive them away. And he sincerely wanted to help them out. Myungsoo needed to learn his lesson and he couldn’t do it on his own. When the girls finished explaining, all Sungjong said was,

“I can’t guarantee it will work, but I’ll do everything I can.”

Fei still wasn’t fully convinced.

“But what’s in it for you?”

“I need revenge too. And I can find four more people that feel exactly the same.”

~

The nine people met at the park, where Sungjong arranged them to meet that afternoon. There, he would introduce the four and discuss the plans.

“Suzy imnida.”

“Jia imninda.”

“Fei imnida.”

“Min imnida.”

Sungjong sighed.

“You don’t have to act like that anymore. Be yourself around us.”

They all nodded. Then the four boys introduced themselves.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Sunggyu imninda.”

Suzy noticed his small eyes and giggled.

Sungjong sighed again.

“Just drop the formalities already. We all have the same goal anyways.”

“Dongwoo imnida.”

“Howon imnida, but call me Hoya.”

“Woohyun imnida.”

He made a love heart and eye smiled at the girls.

Sungjong pushed him.

“YAH! Hyung stop the grease already!”

They all laughed.

“Anyway. Min, you probably know all of us. We’re all Myungsoo’s ex-friends.”

~

The ing paid off and soon the girls became queenkas. Since there wasn’t anyone in that ranking there in the first place, it wasn’t so hard. They were soon shown off for being scary and mean. The girls were right. Only then did Myungsoo notice them.

~

The boys in the cafeteria were all jealous of the five boys sitting with the ‘school goddesses’. The girls scoffed thinking they looked much better than the four. You could see how close the nine became. Now they were on noona, oppa talks, without Sungjong correcting their sentences and having breaking the awkward silences.

Myungsoo was bored. Really bored. He had only dated one girl since he broke up with the three and she was too clingy. She acted like he ACTUALLY like her. She was all,

“Oppa! Walk me to class! Let’s go have some ice-cream after school!”

Myungsoo shuddered at the thought of her. Jiyeon had GOT to be the girlfriend he hated the most. She had the looks, but literally no brains at all. Well not literally, but just say she was REALLY, REALLY dumb. His eyes wandered to the queenka table. He had heard many rumours about the new really y and hot queenka group. And apparently they hung out with HIS EX-FRIENDS. But he had never seen their faces.

His eyes widened when he saw Min. She was dressed up and actually wore makeup. Her innocence didn’t shine anymore. She wasn’t just Min anymore. It was like she went through a 180 degree personality turn. Then he saw Fei and Jia. He wasn’t that surprised until he actually realized they were…in…his…school. And the three of them were at the queenka table. He only saw Suzy when she turned around to talk to Min.

Suzy traced her bangs and straightened them out. She then took out a makeup compact and put eyeliner on herself. Myungsoo could see her elegance and iness, even when she was just putting on eyeliner. He wanted to play with her so badly. And then be as mad as Jia, speechless as Fei and as upset as Min when he dumped her. But this time, he would go all the way.