CHAPTER 23

Revenge or Matchmaking?

 

Wonho dug his head in his hands, ashamed of his doings. How could he have listened to Fei so easily? Why did he take advantage of Suzy so ruthlessly? Why did he listen to her? Was he considered a terrible person now?

“But I fell in love with her.”

Wonho whispered softly to himself, tears threatening to fall onto a picture of Suzy in his hands. He wiped them away furiously, after seeing one fall onto the delicate and fragile photo.

He told himself he had to leave now – although he hadn’t really done anything wrong. It was extremely brief; the time that he had spent with Suzy, but he fell in love with her nevertheless.

“I really hate you Fei noona.”

Although he blamed himself more than Fei, he still needed to blame someone – and she was just the person. She was the one that told him to lead her away from Myungsoo – and see a brighter light. According to Fei, it was him. But he was so lonely, he needed someone. And Suzy seemed just right – but in the process, falling for Fei’s evil schemes.

It was surprising how Fei had changed so much – ever since her pregnancy. She seemed so much more pressuring, demanding and possessive now. Fei always had that spark in her, but now it seemed more like flames, engulfing everyone in its path, ruining their lives and probably others in the process indirectly.

Wonho knew that nothing would have happened without Fei – he’d still be the guy that everyone would ignore at school and the guy that was taken advantage of every so often. But he preferred that so much more than the situation he was in; it was too much to take in and process. Without Fei, he wouldn’t have fallen in love – which right now seemed so wrong. He knew at the back of his mind that Suzy would never be his.

So he left, wanting to leave all the drama behind. To run away from the problems he made – to run away from any more problems coming. But first, he had to fix as much as he possibly had to power to. It was to tell the full truth to Suzy – although it’d probably make things worse, but he decided – she had every right to know and Myungsoo was a for not telling her at all.

“Suzy.”

Wonho nodded at her as she sat on the other side of the table, with a coffee in her hands.

“You ordering? You like coffee, don’t you?”

Suzy raised her hand, motioning a waitress towards them. Wonho slapped her hand down lightly and signaled the waitress for a false alarm.

“Not today.”

Suzy looked at him, quite taken aback by his sudden change in attitude.

“What is it? I’m meeting Myungsoo soon.”

Of course it was Myungsoo. That’s why Wonho could swear he saw hearts in her eyes as she dreamily stirred her coffee, although it was completely unnecessary – the coffee looked fine. Wonho knew what he was going to say would shatter her – it even surprised him although he had nothing to do with it at the time, but as he promised himself, he had to do one last thing before leaving. So he told himself to tell her bluntly – going slow would probably lead her to not taking him seriously.

“Fei’s pregnant. With Myungsoo’s baby.”

Wonho could see Suzy, attempting to decipher and process his words. Then she stopped stirring and the dreamy look in her eyes vanished completely. Replacing it was a look of disbelief and anger.

“Hey. Don’t lie. If you’re just mad and upset, don’t say things like that. If you think I’ll ever be yours, you’re just being too delusional.”

Suzy grabbed her purse and walked out the café doors. Wonho didn’t bear to look at her – he was scared he’d suffer a breakdown and possibly not leave. He only turned around after hearing the ring of the bells on the doorframe and he stood up and left the café himself.

Wonho didn’t really know what to expect of Suzy’s reaction. Would she have been understanding to him and believe him, or would she have acted like she did previously? It was quite ironic – what Suzy said on her way out. He really did want her to be his – terribly, but knowing he didn’t have a chance, it wasn’t his real intentions. Too bad Suzy couldn’t see it.

“What are you doing here?”

Wonho looked up from his gaze on Suzy to see who he hoped he wouldn’t see – Myungsoo. He knew in his heart that he was done with – her heart had already been Myungsoo’s. But a confession wouldn’t hurt, would it?

“…more than that. I love you Suzy.”

Wonho surprised himself that he had completed his sentence – it seemed unreasonable to continue.

“Wait Suzy. I’m really sorry for doing what I did in the past. Just know that I love you.”

Suzy looked at both of the boys in front of her, but Wonho could see that she didn’t hesitate to go up to Myungsoo at hug him tightly. She turned around, looking at Wonho sorrowfully, but he knew that at this moment, he was just as pitiful as he always would be.”

“I’m sorry Wonho. I love Myungsoo.”