- 3 -

Revenge or Matchmaking?

Fei smiled as she stepped into the café. Myungsoo immediately stood up from his table and walked towards her. He gave her a quick peck and they sat down. Fei was elated when Myungsoo officially asked her to be his girlfriend and she obviously agreed. Today was their first date – breakfast at the downtown café.

A frazzled waitress walked up to the table. Her nametag had her name; Suzy. Her hair was tied up into a messy ponytail and she looked like she woke up less than five minutes ago. Even though her presentation looked unforgivable to Myungsoo, she still gave a warm smile and asked Fei and Myungsoo for their orders.

“Just a coffee for me.” Myungsoo didn’t even look up.

“A piece of that coffee cake over there please.” Fei pointed to the cake on the counter. Suzy bowed and quickly made her way back to the counter to sort out the orders. Not long after, she came out with the cake and coffee.

Fei took a bite. She felt the flavors burst in . I should come here more often. Myungsoo put his arm around her and Fei could say that she felt safe inside his arms. She felt it was a nice change to have someone like Myungsoo; she didn’t have to take care of the relationship. Usually she’d be the one in charge, then finding herself breaking the hearts of men around her – to show them that she was not as weak as others would think.

----

Min breathed in and out. She stepped into the restaurant and seeing Myungsoo at a table, she sat down next to him. This was her first date with Myungsoo and she was looking forward to it, counting down the days for at least a week. Myungsoo gave Min a kiss on the cheek and called up for a waitress.

A waitress stepped out and walked towards Min and Myungsoo’s table. When they both ordered, Suzy looked at the two, puzzled. Why is he talking to a different girl than the one this morning. They were both acting sweet to each other. They can’t have been family related or anything…Suzy shuddered at the thought of cheaters and continued her shift.

Suzy didn’t know too much about cheaters except for what she saw in the media, mostly. Apparently, they were just heartless and oblivious of the love that was being given to them. She wasn’t going to question whether she hated it or not – it would be sick to support them.

Min took a bite of her food. I must come here more often. Especially lunch time. The deals are great. She giggled and took another bite as Myungsoo poked her in the cheek and cooed at how cute she looked.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and Min looked up to smile at him.

“You’re not eating?” She noticed that Myungsoo still hadn’t touched his food.

“I ate recently. Not hungry right now.”

“What a waste,” Min pouted slightly, leading to another poke on the cheek from Myungsoo and Min poking him back.

----

Myungsoo’s mother’s face lit up as soon as Myungsoo asked for Jia’s number. She hoped that Jia would be the one that he would marry, the one that could change him, but she couldn’t do it forcefully and arrange marriage. It wouldn’t do any good. But she had a feeling that Jia was the one and she was still confident that they would end well.

Myungsoo seeing his mum’s face, he inwardly laughed. Two birds with one stone. No more arranged dates and Jia is one pretty girl. I haven’t been to a club for a while. I’m sure mum and Jia won’t mind.

---

Jia looked at her attire. It was too y in her opinion for her liking. And why did Myungsoo’s mum even let him into a club, if she knew he was a playboy? Maybe she thinks that he won’t do anything around me. At least she was the only one that he decided to continue the dates with. Jia was confident that Myungsoo liked her and she felt it was confirmed because of that.

Jia saw Myungsoo sitting at one of the bars and sat next to him. She saw him look at other girls as they walked passed him. Jia looked at herself. She had to admit she looked quite y and she hoped she looked presentable for Myungsoo.

When Myungsoo saw Jia, he instantly acted lovingly to her. Jia smiled as she sat on Myungsoo’s lap where he patted, motioning her to sit there. He kissed his cheek and Jia could honestly say that she was the happiest woman alive.

“Drinks here please.”

A female bartender dressed up ily came over to the table. Too absorbed in pampering Jia, he didn’t look up from her.

“Surprise me.” Was all he said, and he waved her off.

“Nothing for me please.” Jia received a warm smile from the bartender. She bowed and quickly went to get a wine for Myungsoo.

Oh it’s that playboy AGAIN, Suzy sighed. When would they ever learn that women had feelings too? Whoops, I almost dropped the wine. Better be careful. Got to keep out of other people’s business.

---

“I’m going to go out for fresh air.”

Jia waved her hands in front of her nose because she could feel the lack of air in the dance room. She had been dancing with Myungsoo for a while already.

“I’ll come too.” Myungsoo led Jia out of the club and sat at a nearby park bench. Jia enjoyed the silence. It wasn’t awkward, but it was peaceful. Myungsoo suddenly spoke.

“Jia-ah.”

“Yes, Myungsoo?”

“Can I ask you something?”  Myungsoo shuddered in horror, but still managed to keep his calm face. This was something he wasn’t used to.

“Of course.”

“Jia, I want to make us official. Will you be my girlfriend?” He saw a smile approach Jia’s lips and she nodded, ecstatic.

The talk was simple, but it changed so much for Jia. When Myungsoo leaned in, she didn’t doubt him at all and kissed him back.

I must come to this park more often. It was where I had my first kiss, after all…with Myungsoo!

To Jia, this place was now going to be the place where she would hold the most memories of Myungsoo – she was a hopeless romantic, after all. She never realized it though; she wasn’t the type to dwell into another person’s love life. Now that she was in love, she felt that it was somehow a normal thing now..