CHAPTER 26

Revenge or Matchmaking?

“I don’t think I should punch you. It would hurt your handsome face,” Sungjong scoffed. He sat himself next to Myungsoo. “I haven’t seen her in so long. I was wondering what happened to her. I thought she just moved on from us.”

It was true. He had hardly known that Suzy had gotten back together with Myungsoo. He heard rumours, but never thought they were true. He never even got the chance to ask Suzy about them. She avoided his eyes and walked in the other direction if they had ever met.

Myungsoo didn’t reply, but gave a half-hearted smile to Sungjong. The two sat on the slightly stained seats outside the room, Sungjong tapping on the chair leg to keep him awake. Myungsoo was slowly nodding off before he fell asleep, his head leaning on Sunjong’s shoulder. He pushed it away in annoyance.

“You may come in,” said a voice from above him. His eyes met a doctor’s and he walked in so frantically, he didn’t bother to wake Myungsoo.

“How’s she?” Sungjong said as soon as he came in.

“We have a fighter, she’ll be ok.”

-“That’s a relief,” Sungjong sighed.

“We’ll need to move her to other hospital though, we have more serious cases coming through and we’re short of rooms, to the point we have to share, but most guests don’t want that. She isn’t awake just yet, but she’s fine.”

Sungjong nodded slowly, not knowing whether he should be outraged or just happy she was ok. He looked at her pale, half-dead face and clicked his tongue.

“She’ll be moved to Busan tomorrow,” the doctor said simply before moving out.

Sungjong sat down slowly and reached for her hand and her arm slowly before lightly squeezing her hand. Suddenly, Myungsoo frantically entered and Sungjong felt his insides jump a little. He quickly removed his hand off Suzy’s and stood up to leave. Then he remembered; Suzy was leaving.

She doesn’t deserve him.

And he left without a word.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erm, since most of you probably want to hurdle bricks at me, I'll just put a teaser ...

 

He couldn't believe his eyes. After the events that happened a while ago, he thought he was already done and finished. But now after seeing her again, he could feel his heart burst. Because of happiness or disappointment he wasn't sure. How would she react if she saw him now? Would she perhaps slap him, or say that she had forgiven him? He could feel a tear tickle his slightly blushing cheek. She was so beautiful; just like the first time she saw him. She was perfection and he couldn't say that she had changed in that particular aspect. He stared at her for a few minutes. All of a sudden, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He sighed before turning around. He gave her a half-hearted smile and held her hand as she placed a chocolate in his mouth.