CHAPTER 22

Revenge or Matchmaking?

 

“Why did you ask me to come with you?”

“Why not?”

Suzy looked at Wonho with her eyebrows raised, holding at least ten items of clothing in her arms.

“Seriously? Why don’t you get one of your guy friends to help?”

Wonho turned around, putting a crumpled tissue into , pleased at her disgusted expression.

“Good. Shhh. I can’t shop if it’s noisy.”

Suzy spit out the tissue and glared at Wonho, who was oblivious to her stares and was just looking at a row of hats.

“Yah!”

“Don’t worry. It wasn’t used.”

She could almost imagine him smirking, although she couldn’t see it.

“You know – you’re like a four year old.”

Wonho didn’t seem to listen – if he was, he wasn’t affected.

“I know you are – but what am I?”

Suzy rolled her eyes in frustration. Wonho was always like this – the playful, youngster type. It was the type of person you couldn’t hate – even if you were annoyed at his randomness.

Wonho is like a four year old.”

Like.”

Wonho is a four year old.”

Suzy is a sour, old grandma.”

“Oh, I give up.”

“Suzy is a sour, old, giver-upperrer grandma.”

“That word doesn’t exist.”

“I invented it.”

“What gives you the right to invent words?”

“I invented it – just for you. Shouldn’t I do things if it helps others?”

“It doesn’t help me.”

“Well someone can’t appreciate someone’s help then, I guess.”

“Just hurry up already. I want to go home.”

Amused at Suzy’s frustration, Wonho stepped into the change rooms with his arms full of clothes.

“How’s this?”

Suzy didn’t even look at him. Her eyes were glued to her phone, playing Angry Birds.

“Ugly.”

“You’re going to say that to every outfit I try, right?”

“Duh. Thought it was obvious.”

Wonho scoffed.

“Pssh. Copying me, aren’t you?”

“And why would I do that? That’s the most absurd idea I’ve ever heard. I mean really – why would I copy or do anything like, related to you? You’re ju-“

“Has anyone ever told you that you talk too much?”

Wonho grabbed another tissue and forcefully pushed it into , leaving a very pissed off Suzy.

“Yah!”

Wonho looked over Suzy’s shoulder and his eyes landed on her phone.

“You really at Angry Birds.”

“Well I’m sorry for at Angry Birds.”

“Do it like this.”

Wonho placed his arms around Suzy’s shoulders and his hands on Suzy’s. He swiped left, shot the bird and it hit the pig straight. It seemed so easy from Suzy’s view – how could she had not gotten it before? But she suddenly realized her awkward position, but it didn’t seem to affect Wonho at all.

Myungsoo clenched his teeth, trying not to give away his position. How he wanted to go up to Suzy and ask for her to be his again – but he couldn’t, not that now he was in someone else’s arms. Myungsoo could see in his eyes; they showed pure love. Then he looked at Suzy. At least she was enjoying herself. On the dates that they had been together, Suzy seemed to be faking her happiness – and now he knew why. But how he wished that he was in that man’s position.

He followed them to the cashier, Wonho buying a few items for Suzy herself. He scoffed at the measly items that he bought, thinking that he could do so much better. Myungsoo kept his distance, ‘stalking’ them everywhere that they went. He then stopped seeing Suzy and the other man sit down on a bench – the very bench where he broke up with Fei, Min and Jia.

Myungsoo stood exactly where Min did – behind a nearby tree. It was so ironic that now it was him, begging for Suzy, unlike his normal thoughts of someone begging for him instead – like Min for instance.

Suzy couldn’t focus on Wonho’s words properly – she was thinking too much about Myungsoo. The place was all too familiar – where her plan first began. Here was where Myungsoo heartlessly broke the hearts of her three best friends. It was too unrealistic – dating three girls all at once, but now that it was Myungsoo, it didn’t seem so surprising. Did she think very lowly of him not to be surprised? Suzy was confused – if that was the case, she wouldn’t think of him at all. People she disliked where not on her mind so often.

Suzy woke up from her thoughts after feeling a tap on her cheek. She turned around to see Wonho looking at her worriedly.

“You ok?”

It didn’t seem normal for Wonho to be considerate, but at the moment, she wasn’t complaining.

“I’m fine.”

“Suzy…can I ask you something important?”

Suzy nodded and hummed slightly, allowing him to continue.

“I want us to be closer than we already are. I know we are friends already – aren’t we? But I really want us to be something…”

“Wait!”