Epilogue About Him And Her

Cure For Summertime Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Life always goes on. Even if we don’t want to, we still, somehow, end up moving forward.

Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting. No. It means to honor the memory of the others, but at the same time to visualize your own dream, even though they were long forgotten. That’s moving on. And that’s exactly what Choi Seung Hyun, pilot at Kirin Airlines did for the past five years that came and went like days and nights.

The sun’s rays went through the clean window and landed on his face, disturbing his peaceful sleep. He smiled at the warmth and covered his eyes with the back of his right hand. He was asking for just a minute or two of sleep…but then the alarm clock began ringing.

“I understand! I understand,”he mumbled as he threw the blanket off of him and stood from his bed. His hair was a mess and his face had that sweetness of the sleep. He went to the bathroom with heavy steps, only to follow the same routine once again. It was the same since five years ago:waking up at 7 o’clock sharp, taking a shower and brushing his teeth, eating breakfast while listening to the Mateo broadcast, leaving the apartment at 8 o’clock sharp. Nothing different, nothing new, nothing difficult.

That morning was no different from the others. Only what followed…

***

Seung Hyun’s POV

I took my schedule from the secretary and left to take my bag from the locker room. This flight was going to be superb! Australia was beautiful in this period of the year. It was summer and the sun was just right for tanning.

“This is captain Choi speaking. Thank you for choosing Kiring Airline! We’re going to take off in few minutes. The temperature now is -5°C. The temperature in Sydney will be 20°C, so I hope you packed some warm clothes. Enjoy your trip!”

I ended my speech and closed down the mic.

“Ready for taking off, co-captain Jang?”

Hyun Seung nodded and I pushed up the lever.

~*~

I went for a walk through the park. The weather was so nice that I could not bear to stay put inside the hotel room! So I took my sun glasses and left the room. At the hotel’s entrance, I noticed a group of stewardesses that was following a short pilot. I smiled to myself…

“Excuse me!”the short pilot said. “I think this are yours…”

The voice…

 

***

And once again I state what same thing:life’s a !

And saying goodbye ain’t an easy thing to do. But it’s necessary and mandatory at some point. ‘Coz leaving the one you love takes courage and a lot more than you could ever imagine…it takes years to forgive yourself and to give yourself a break from all the you’ve been thinking about.

That’s what she did, except for the forgiving part. Why? ‘Coz in her opinion, she didn’t have to forgive herself since she did nothing wrong by leaving him behind.

Her life went on another path. She moved to Australia and took flying lessons at a well known company. And eventually she became a full time pilot at Kirin Airlines sister company, Kirillin Airlines. She was alone and suffered from loneliness, but sticked with her plan and never contacted him again. Of course, she wrote long letters to her brother and to her grandfather, but she never told them where exactly she was, as she send the letters from other countries.

She changed herself. She became soft-spoken and a lot more gentle. Actually, she let her real self get out of the box.

But she missed him every single day of the five long years that passed by her…

***

Ra Nae’s POV

It was my day off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter