I Can't Drink

Cure For Summertime Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seung Hyun’s POV

I walked back and froth on the hospital’s corridor, squeezing in my hand the empty glass of coffee. Five hours have passed since we arrived here after she collapsed in my arms. Five hours in which I remained on the corridor, waiting for the doctors to come and tell me that she…she was alright. I couldn’t even think straight. Her last words were playing inside my head like a broken CD and I made a habit from caressing my lips which were kissed by her.

“Tempo!”called someone.

I turned around and saw grandpa Han, Hyun Seung and the others coming towards me.

“Grandpa…”

“What happened? What’s wrong with her, Seung Hyun?”asked Hyun Seung with worried eyes.

“She’s going to be ok, isn’t she?”asked Taeyang as well.

“I-I…I don’t know,”I lowered my eyes and looked down at my wet shoes. “No doctor came out of her room yet and no one else knows what’s wrong with her…”I was on the verge of crying. “Grandpa…I’m afraid.”

“You’re afraid?”hissed Hyun Seung. “HA! Don’t joke with me! You promised me that you’ll take care of my little sister! You promise me that you’ll protect her! And this is how you did it?!”he pointed at the closed door. “AND NOW YOU’RE AFRAID?!”he raised his voice, makinf every medical staff that was on the hallway, look at us.

“Hyun Seung…calm down please,”said grandpa.

“Excuse me, but can you keep it down there?”asked a nurse. “This is a hospital after all!”

We all bowed. Hyun Seung puffed his cheeks and threw himself on one of those uncomfortable chairs that were right next to the white wall.

“I’m sorry,”I mumbled and turned around to hide my tears.

He was right. I should have protected her.

From what?

From the rain? Yeah…I should have bought a freakin’ umbrella! I should have taken down my blouse and hold it above her head. I should have done something…right?

The ward’s door opened and a tired doctor stepped outside. “Are you her family?”

“I am her grandpa,”the old man stepped in front. “Tell me, is my granddaughter going to be alright?”

“You managed to stabilize her for the moment, but I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter