Big Mouthed Sis!

Cure For Summertime Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seung Hyun’s POV

The light was off, but I could not sleep. Her words keep playing inside my head as the images appeared in front of me.

“My right hand is a machine. That’s why I have super strength when I use it and that’s why it sometimes hurt,”she continued her confession after leaving me shocked. “I’m an experiment actually. I’m the first human who’s body accepted the machine as a part of the metabolism…but I myself, could never put up with the thought that I have a piece of metal as a part of my body. Of course, it looks and acts like a normal hand, but…I don’t know if it’s just because I’m having pessimistic thoughts, but it hurts like hell sometimes! It hurts so badly, that I was prescribed powerful pills. I survived, Seung Hyun. I lost a part of me, of my own flesh and I survived. Of course, I had  my black days and nights. I still do. But they all pass. Just like the rain,”she smiled as we listened to the crickets’ song. “That’s why I told you to get over it….because I know how it feels. I experienced the pain myself…”

I wonder how was she like before the accident? Did she changed much after she lost her hand? Did she felt the same way I did after Min Ji’s death:empty and on the verge of breaking down? Did she ever thought of committing suicide? ‘Coz I did…And oh, so many times I almost jumped off from the balcony or hanged myself…

In my mind, I was already dead…

But no more. I was slowly coming back to life. And she was the one to blame…or to thank to?

~*~

The days came and passed. She acted the same way like she did before. No awkward moments, no awkward silence. She was just…the monster that ‘owned’ me. And I was just…the fatto that had to obey her no matter what.

“Hey, buddy!”smiled widely a drunk GD one evening. “Wasssss upppp, ma man?”his arm encircled my neck, almost putting me down.

“Ugh! You’re drunk and you stink!”I pinched my nose. “And get off of me, Kwon Ji Yong!”I pushed him away.

“Oh whyyyy…you’re such a cold creature, ma friend,”he complained with the same silly smile on his lips. “Why are you so cold? Am I not your friend? Heck! I’m your best friend!”he frowned as he stumbled on his own feet. “I’m your best friend and yet…and yet…why can’t you just forget that Min Ji already? She’s dead, y’know?”

I gulped. I felt my anger boiling inside my veins.

“GD, I think you should go to sleep now,”I coldly said.

“Whyyyy? Can’t you take the truth?”he smirked, making me want to punch him. “She’s D to the E to the A to the D! DEAD!”he evily played with my mind.

“Shut up, Ji Yong! I warn you!”I hissed.

“Or what?”he cockily provoked me. “Or what?”

I clenched my fist. He was always doing that when he was drunk. Provoking was his own way to show his feeling…I just had to keep that in mind and he won’t get to the the hospital and I won’t go behind the bars.

“You know,”he started again,”you should stop being this cold to people around you. You push them away you know?”

I sighed. “GD…you should really go back to sleep.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter